What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Rumor** Drew Brees NOT a Dolphin YET (1 Viewer)

cstu

Footballguy
No official link yet, but from FinHeaven message board (getting hit hard).

103.3 ESPN radio in Dallas mentioned the rumor and is trying to confirm.

** Update:

Looks like it's not done yet. Clayton is reporting that the Dolphins want Brees to let them know by tonight or they are trading for Culpepper.

According to 870 AM here in New Orleans

Brees has left Miami and does not have a deal with the Dolphins. Stated that Brees agent has been in back in touch with the Saints.

Last edited by a moderator:
About friggin time they get a quality QB.

Edit: Well, since they had Marino, mind you.

I'm pretty sure nobody is going to outbid the Dolphins for Brees whether this is true or not. When they flew out to meet him before he could visit New Orleans, and the Saints didnt even make an offer, it was all we needed to know.

I'm seeing the same thing over at Finheaven.com. The site is so busy you can barely get on.

Welcome to Miami Mr Brees.

I'm seeing the same thing over at Finheaven.com. The site is so busy you can barely get on.

Welcome to Miami Mr Brees.
Now they are making you log in. Luckily I'm registered there.

Also from the board:

According to Mike Detellier...He is an NFL insider and was on WWL 870 radio in New Orleans, he said N.O. is offering 10 mill a year and Miami is offering 7. They are talking to try to close the gap, if they can't Miami moves on and Brees is a Saint. If the 'Phins move up a couple mill they get him. He is very well connected in the NFL.

Also from the board:

According to Mike Detellier...

He is an NFL insider and was on WWL 870 radio in New Orleans, he said N.O. is offering 10 mill a year and Miami is offering 7. They are talking to try to close the gap, if they can't Miami moves on and Brees is a Saint. If the 'Phins move up a couple mill they get him. He is very well connected in the NFL.
Brees stated early this morning that they were 3 mill apart but he felt Miami was closer to a championship and he liked the area better. This has not changed!

HELLO!!!!!!  Phillip Rivers owner here!   :clap:
Chambers Owner :sadbanana:
Why the long face???If Chambers can produce with Gus, and the other bums Chambers has had throwing to him he'll do just fine with Brees.

Bump up McMichael in the rankings as well.
Absolutely. Chambers was a top three receiver for the last five games of 2005. That was with Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels!I could see 1300 yards and 12-14 TDs.

Why the long face???If Chambers can produce with Gus, and the other bums Chambers has had throwing to him he'll do just fine with Brees.

Oh, you can bump up McMichael, but I expect Chambers #'s not to go up as much as they would with a different QB. Chambers is on the rise as a WR, but I think Bree's will hurt him.Oh, and :thumbup: as a Bills fan! :pickle:

Oh, you can bump up McMichael, but I expect Chambers #'s not to go up as much as they would with a different QB. Chambers is on the rise as a WR, but I think Bree's will hurt him.Oh, and :thumbup: as a Bills fan! :pickle:
Why? :confused:

John Clayton was just on 4Qtrs saying there is still no decision on Brees yet....looks like it is either going to be Miami or the Saints.

Bitter Bills fan?I just think AFC East rivals felt that Linehan was going to use Chambers as a Deep threat and install more of an aerial attack.... Go back to the posts where the Chargers fans talked about the Jets DB's creeping up in the playoff loss. He also had a very mediocre year last year on a team with great weapons and a better OL...

Now. He'll learn a new offense and rehab from shoulder surgery.

Sure - He can turn out to be a real good caretaker QB but, we'll take it.

Because I don't think Bree's is that good of a QB. Plus, who knows how his arm strength is with his shoulder injury. He might not be able to throw the long ball.

Because I don't think Bree's is that good of a QB. Plus, who knows how his arm strength is with his shoulder injury. He might not be able to throw the long ball.
I'd say he's 10 times the QB that JP Losman is. So until you guys have a QB that as is good as Brees, I'm not sure why you would be happy.

I'd say he's 10 times the QB that JP Losman is. So until you guys have a QB that as is good as Brees, I'm not sure why you would be happy.
Wow, you didn't take offense to that at all. :no: Relax pal, I know Losman sucks. You don't have to point out the obvious. You are good at it though. :clap: Edit: And I would say that he is only only 3.5 times better than Losman. :D

No official link yet, but from FinHeaven message board (getting hit hard).

103.3 ESPN radio in Dallas mentioned the rumor and is trying to confirm.

** Update:

Looks like it's not done yet. Clayton is reporting that the Dolphins want Brees to let them know by tonight or they are trading for Culpepper.

Brees as a Dolphin.
Interesting, now to see if Brees talks to the Vikings, who beat Miami's offer, in part just to trade Culpepper.

Apparently this rumor isn't true. John Clayton:

Brees-Dolphins talks put off 'til Tuesday: The Dolphins and quarterback Drew Brees are expected to resume negotiations Tuesday. Brees left Miami on Monday evening for Birmingham, Ala., where he's rehabbing his right shoulder under the watchful eye of Dr. James Andrews, who performed the operation in January. Contract talks between the Dolphins and Brees' agent, Tom Condon, did not take place because Brees spent the day undergoing a battery of doctors' tests. He underwent so many that he had to visit at least two different facilities to be tested. Not only did doctors perform an MRI on his shoulder, but the Dolphins gave Brees a full physical. The hangup between Brees and the Dolphins is how much of a contract will be guaranteed. The Saints are believed to be offering more money and more guarantees than the Dolphins, who are wary of guaranteeing $10 million of his contract after he came off shoulder surgery.

If Brees signs,

3 things are a near certainty: Agree or disagree.

1. Chambers value DROPS. - They had a LESSOR QB that targeted him and noone else. If they are going to the playoffs, they need to spread it around, which means less targets for Chambers.

2. McMichael's value INCREASES - Sage, Feely, nor Frerotte seemed to find this big, athletic target. Spreading it around is just what the doctor ordered for McMike.

3. Gates value HOLDS - C'mon, that offense HINGES on getting the ball to Gates. He'll be fine.

add a 4th - Miami makes a playoff push and will be in the hunt up to the last week or so.

If Brees signs,

1. Chambers value DROPS. - They had a LESSOR QB that targeted him and noone else. If they are going to the playoffs, they need to spread it around, which means less targets for Chambers.

2. McMichael's value INCREASES - Sage, Feely, nor Frerotte seemed to find this big, athletic target. Spreading it around is just what the doctor ordered for McMike.

3. Gates value HOLDS - C'mon, that offense HINGES on getting the ball to Gates. He'll be fine.

add a 4th - Miami makes a playoff push and will be in the hunt up to the last week or so.
1. No, at least not unless they land another WR. 2. Probably.

3. Probably still the #1 TE, but the gap closes, so his value decreases some.

4. Whether it's Brees or another QB, I'd hold this one as true.

No certainty until his shoulder is heeled.

If Brees signs,

I disagree with 1 in a huge way. With a better QB, Chambers' value at the very least stays the same, and at best grows substantially. As long as Brees' throws are more accurate than Frerotte/Rosenfell/etc., there will be plenty of opportunities for him. He doesn't need every ball thrown his way, he just needs the balls thrown his way to be catchable.I agree with 2. 3 I'm not sure on, I haven't seen enough of Rivers to see how he's progressed, though I would think Gates would be a nice security blanket.

If Brees signs,

1. Chambers value increases. Finally, a decent QB throwin' the rock.2. Agreed for the same reason as #1.

3. Drops, at least for the start of the season. Rivers still has to learn to play a full game.

4. Depends on the D

As a Jets fan, I want Brees in NO for one simple reason. That would assure Cutler being there at 4 in the draft. If he goes to Miami, NO takes Leinart, then the Titans might go Cutler. Call me in the Young=Vick camp.

As a Jets fan, I want Brees in NO for one simple reason. That would assure Cutler being there at 4 in the draft. If he goes to Miami, NO takes Leinart, then the Titans might go Cutler. Call me in the Young=Vick camp.
Hi Rovers,If you're a Jets fan, I think Brees to NO means you might be seeing Leinart. I don't see any way that NO gets Brees and doesn't deal the pick.

J

Hi Rovers,If you're a Jets fan, I think Brees to NO means you might be seeing Leinart. I don't see any way that NO gets Brees and doesn't deal the pick.

J
Who is going to trade up????

If Brees signs,

Carolina was a playoff team and they really spread the ball around. Steve Smif left, Steve Smif right, and Steve Smith on the WR screen. Just because you "are going to the playoffs" does not mean you are required to spread teh ball around.

Users who are viewing this thread