What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Braun wins Appeal! (1 Viewer)

'shadyridr said:
'Judge Smails said:
So when Braun was cleared to play last year, do people think, knowing the scrutiny/testing he would be under, that he doped during the 162 game schedule last year?I highly doubt it. So to me he didn't need PEDs. Compare that to Brady Anderson, who went from 7 homers, to 50, then back to squat. Different animal. Braun is likely a cheat, but in my opinion he can perform at an uber high level without them, so I'll hold him in a higher regard than those whose performance tanks when not juicing.
Why is it plausible for arod and manny to due do roids multiple times but not braun?
:goodposting: I believe the guys at Braun's level who are doping are confident—and their medical consultants are confident— that they can beat the test unless they make a stupid mistake. If anything, he had a heightened incentive last season, since a numbers regression would look even worse for him.

'shadyridr said:
'Judge Smails said:
So when Braun was cleared to play last year, do people think, knowing the scrutiny/testing he would be under, that he doped during the 162 game schedule last year?I highly doubt it. So to me he didn't need PEDs. Compare that to Brady Anderson, who went from 7 homers, to 50, then back to squat. Different animal. Braun is likely a cheat, but in my opinion he can perform at an uber high level without them, so I'll hold him in a higher regard than those whose performance tanks when not juicing.
Why is it plausible for arod and manny to due do roids multiple times but not braun?
:goodposting: I believe the guys at Braun's level who are doping are confident—and their medical consultants are confident— that they can beat the test unless they make a stupid mistake. If anything, he had a heightened incentive last season, since a numbers regression would look even worse for him.
I'm not sure I understand this. Are you saying that AFTER he beat his drug test he immediately started doping again for last season?

'Judge Smails said:
He didn't get caught using PEDs, he had a monstrous level of testosterone in his system. I could be wrong, but I think there's a difference.

'shadyridr said:
'Judge Smails said:
:lmao:

'shadyridr said:
'Judge Smails said:
Schtick?

Still wondering why many are so mad and calling him a d-bag?I think most think he did something...got off with the technicality but there were other questions about that as far as how much was reported in his system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still wondering why many are so mad and calling him a d-bag?I think most think he did something...got off with the technicality but there were other questions about that as far as how much was reported in his system.
He's a cheater. He got caught. He used a technicality to get free of it and has yet to admit or show remorse.

He's a cheater. He got caught. He used a technicality to get free of it and has yet to admit or show remorse.
So that makes him a d-bag? Umm...ok.

Why are you defending him and apologizing for him?

Apologizing for him?Only wondering why you think he is a d-bag?

:blindhomer:
Well if anyone knows about d-bags...it sure is you.Now run off and copy and paste my quote for your little buddies and claim you "caught" me.

Apologizing for him?Only wondering why you think he is a d-bag?
Because he is a lying cheat?

Well if anyone knows about d-bags...it sure is you.
:thankyou:I can spot them as well as anyone.In case anyone doubts my ability, I found one right here

Because he is a lying cheat?
Perhaps...but then I guess you think a whole lot of ball players are d-bags then.Its one thing if the guy is running a ring like Armstrong did and forcing others to do things.Oh well.
Braun is a lying sack of s...t. No better than ARod. Just because he plays for the Brewers doesn't mean you need to defend him.
Don't think I am defending him on this latest thing...just don't think it makes him a dbag.

Well if anyone knows about d-bags...it sure is you.
:thankyou:I can spot them as well as anyone.In case anyone doubts my ability, I found one right here
:goodposting:

:lmao:
:mellow:

Well, yes. :shrug: we are forgiving of our heroes but only if they ask for it.
Not when it comes to steroids.
Petitte seems about the only one who has gotten any sort of forgiveness since he "sort of" came clean about it.
I don't believe Petitte ever really denied it either, unlike all of the other dooshes. Makes a big difference.
He came out with his explanation...whether it was true or not we don't know.So I guess the level of lying is what makes someone a d-bag or not. :lmao:

Well, yes. :shrug: we are forgiving of our heroes but only if they ask for it.
Not when it comes to steroids.
Petitte seems about the only one who has gotten any sort of forgiveness since he "sort of" came clean about it.
I don't believe Petitte ever really denied it either, unlike all of the other dooshes. Makes a big difference.
He came out with his explanation...whether it was true or not we don't know.So I guess the level of lying is what makes someone a d-bag or not. :lmao:
He's a cheater. Deal with it.

Braun is a cheater, which warrants receiving zero respect from anyone. He is the same as AROD, Bonds, Pettite, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa, Palmiero . . . etc. Disgraces to the game of baseball.

He was my favorite player. Not sure if he is anymore.I'm pretty convinced he was up to some no-good stuff with all the evidence now piling up.It was a good run Hebrew Hammer

He was my favorite player. Not sure if he is anymore.I'm pretty convinced he was up to some no-good stuff with all the evidence now piling up.It was a good run Hebrew Hammer
Agreed...and sucks for the Brewers who have that much invested him.Still don't think it makes him a d-bag. I don't think Arod or Bonds were d-bags because they cheated (they were d-bags for other reasons already).Been leaning towards being an Axford fan just for the stuff he posts on twitter. Pretty funny guy who does not take himself too seriously.Or I will just long for the days of Yount, Molitor, and Gantner.

Honest question: do you believe cheaters / user are either exception to the rule?I actually believe its the other way around. I think the majority of players are putting things in their bodies that are either illegal or will be as soon as their respective sports learn of the products existence. I don't particularly care either way. Most of the substances have valid use in the human body for health reasons. I don't much care one way or the other.

Honest question: do you believe cheaters / user are either exception to the rule?I actually believe its the other way around. I think the majority of players are putting things in their bodies that are either illegal or will be as soon as their respective sports learn of the products existence. I don't particularly care either way. Most of the substances have valid use in the human body for health reasons. I don't much care one way or the other.
I believe a lot of players are on something or always trying to get an edge on their competition and stay ahead of the testing programs.50-60% would be my guess. Maybe more. I wouldn't stop liking Braun if I knew for a fact he "cheated". I would stop liking him if he continues to act innocent and make up ####. That's the stuff that bothers me more than the use itself. You got caught homey, man up.

He was my favorite player. Not sure if he is anymore.

I'm pretty convinced he was up to some no-good stuff with all the evidence now piling up.

It was a good run Hebrew Hammer
I believe a lot of players are on something or always trying to get an edge on their competition and stay ahead of the testing programs.50-60% would be my guess. Maybe more. I wouldn't stop liking Braun if I knew for a fact he "cheated". I would stop liking him if he continues to act innocent and make up ####. That's the stuff that bothers me more than the use itself. You got caught homey, man up.
This. It's not the cheating. What makes him a doosh is the continual lying. It's like telling people they're stupid. You must think I'm stupid if I'm going to belive you didn't cheat. I just don't buy the excuses for a second.

I don't think it makes him a doosh. I think it makes him a guy trying to keep millions.If he has any chance of a defense, he has to take it and try and hide it. He knows the public is not stupid...but the rules are. And if he can fight it...why admit and take 50 games off and ruin any chance of a next contract at all?

And if he can fight it...why admit and take 50 games off and ruin any chance of a next contract at all?
Because not admitting to his transgressions is what makes him a doosh. You're not very good at this, are you?
Thats one opinion of it...and sorry...him taking 50 games off and ruining a chance at his next contract does not seem worth it so that some keyboard cowboys on message board don't think he is a doosh.

And if he can fight it...why admit and take 50 games off and ruin any chance of a next contract at all?
Because not admitting to his transgressions is what makes him a doosh. You're not very good at this, are you?
Thats one opinion of it...and sorry...him taking 50 games off and ruining a chance at his next contract does not seem worth it so that some keyboard cowboys on message board don't think he is a doosh.
I agree completely. He should do what he can to make sure he continues getting paid well; you and I would do the same. But along the way, he should know that a lot if people know he's a lying scumbag. He's getting the better end of the deal, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread