What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Torain's long-term dynasty outlook (1 Viewer)

Cover2

Footballguy
After drafting Ryan Torain in nearly every dynasty league last year, curious what everyone's thoughts on him are long-term. Given the current ACL injury and the overall injury history in general (foot, elbow, knee, etc), will Torain be the starter in Denver if healthy or a career backup?

It's hard to say how he'll recover, but I think the bigger issue is that there will be a new coaching regime in Denver that has no allegience to Torain. The new coach may very well want to go out and get his own guy.

It's hard to say how he'll recover, but I think the bigger issue is that there will be a new coaching regime in Denver that has no allegience to Torain. The new coach may very well want to go out and get his own guy.
:goodposting: There's a new lion in the den. The cubs are biting their nails. If Torain had a 25-35%% chance of being the lead RB while Shanahan was the HC, he now may have a 10-15% chance.

:excited: There's a new lion in the den. The cubs are biting their nails. If Torain had a 25-35%% chance of being the lead RB while Shanahan was the HC, he now may have a 10-15% chance.
It's too soon to know. The OTA's before the draft matter. If he can show something they may not draft a RB. At this point anything can happen. I'll watch FA and the draft to gauge what the team does.

:excited: It's too bad he got hurt in his first game as a starter. He was getting hotter it seemed with every carry, and then he went down.

Final tally for "the most talented running back" Mike Shanahan has ever coached:

15 carries

69 yards

1 TD

1 torn ACL

Users who are viewing this thread