What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saints current WR situation (1 Viewer)

Colston hasn't been doing as well as expected this year either.
He's on pace for his yearly 1,000 yards and is doing exactly what was expected (or at least I expected). Colston annually gets off to slow starts but is virtually a lock for 80/1000/6-8.

Graham has been targeted on 26% of Brees's attempts thus far which is only 2-3% less than Colston, Moore and Stills combined. Last year Graham accounted for 20% of Brees's attempts, so either it normalizes or that 6% bump hurts whoever was going to be fourth in line for targets this year.
He's on pace for 65/864/2.

That would be the worst year of his career, including 2008 when he missed 5 games.
my goodness Colston has been consistently horrible all year. Is this guy hurt or something?
He's on the field, he's just not there. Most worrisome thing I saw vs BUF was he failed to sky for a ball. He got pounded going up for another and he failed to get it. Generally he doesn't look open much. The offense is scoring but it looks a bit clunky without his presence in the passing game.

For those saying Colston has been awful all season that is not factually nor statistically true.

His first four game of the year were:

- 6 rec - 68 yds - 1 TD

- 7 rec - 63 yds

- 8 rec - 71 yds

- 8 rec - 96 yds

That's an average of 7.25 rec for 74.5 yards per game, or 16.2 PPG in a PPR (8.95 PPG in Non PPR).

That would be a season line of 116 rec - 1,192 yds - 4 TD. That is VERY GOOD weekly flex play/low end WR2.

He's only fallen off the face of the earth the last 3 weeks (plummeted may I add). So the chances of him becoming an every week starter again this season are certainly real - he just was 3 weeks ago.

The question remains however, and I'd love to hear from someone who has watched every Saints game this year, what the heck has happened? If all you've done is read Rotoworld blurbs, please don't respond. We've all read those ...

Last edited by a moderator:
For those saying Colston has been awful all season that is not factually nor statistically true.
Sure, he had a nice start, but he is in the mid 50s right now for WR points this year, and when you consider that he was probably around the 15th-20th WR taken in most drafts, his production has been awful.

Sure, he had a nice start, but he is in the mid 50s right now for WR points this year, and when you consider that he was probably around the 15th-20th WR taken in most drafts, his production has been awful.
Not arguing that. I'm just saying that he had 4 productive weeks in a row before having 3 awful weeks in a row. So the thought that he should be dropped immediately is something I'm having a hard time coming to grips with considering he was just very productive 3 weeks ago, for 4 consecutive weeks ... AND ... he has been one of the single most consistent WRs in fantasy football for 6+ years.

Can a guy that consistent, who plays with Drew Brees, and who just had 4 consecutive productive weeks really have fallen that far, off a cliff that big, that fast? Would it surprise anyone if he gets 6 receptions for 80+ yards per game and a TD or two over the next 2 weeks? It wouldn't surprise me.

Really what I want is feedback from Saints' homers who watch every game, or someone with Field Pass (or League Pass - whatever it is called) who watches every game each week to weigh in on how he went from productive to worthless in 21 days?

Can a guy that consistent, who plays with Drew Brees, and who just had 4 consecutive productive weeks really have fallen that far, off a cliff that big, that fast?
With his knees? Yes.

Can a guy that consistent, who plays with Drew Brees, and who just had 4 consecutive productive weeks really have fallen that far, off a cliff that big, that fast?
With his knees? Yes.
Is there any evidence that his knees have been giving him problems this season? Everything I've read has said he's had week to week foot issues.

But Colston hasn't been productive, and has been downright awful in non-ppr leagues.

Dropped him for Marvin Jones who has had 3 very productive weeks in a row and four out of eight productive games overall. It isn't easy to drop Colston, particularly since he still led the Saints in targets last week (6) but for whatever reason he is having a career worst season.

His first four game of the year were:

- 6 rec - 68 yds - 1 TD

- 7 rec - 63 yds

- 8 rec - 71 yds

- 8 rec - 96 yds

That's an average of 7.25 rec for 74.5 yards per game, or 16.2 PPG in a PPR (8.95 PPG in Non PPR).

That would be a season line of 116 rec - 1,192 yds - 4 TD. That is VERY GOOD weekly flex play/low end WR2.

He's only fallen off the face of the earth the last 3 weeks (plummeted may I add). So the chances of him becoming an every week starter again this season are certainly real - he just was 3 weeks ago.

The question remains however, and I'd love to hear from someone who has watched every Saints game this year, what the heck has happened? If all you've done is read Rotoworld blurbs, please don't respond. We've all read those ...
You listed his targets not his receptions.

He had 5, 4, 5 & 7 receptions in those four games which gave him an average of 5.25 rec not 7.25 and put him on a season pace (at the time) of 84 receptions not 116.

Currently he is on pace for 62 receptions, 782 yards and 2 TDs.

I would forget about Colston's start after watching the Bills-Saints game this week. Colston was nowhere to be seen. Hell, it was difficult to tell if he was even in the game most of the time. If you're trying to win games, there is no way I would consider starting him. Brees was on fire in the 2nd half and was hitting everyone except Colston.

His good start is meaningless at this point in the season. He was probably drafted in the WR15-20 range by most owners and he's barely staying afloat in the WR50s. Even worse if you just look at the past 4 games.

Not arguing that. I'm just saying that he had 4 productive weeks in a row before having 3 awful weeks in a row.
Using those numbers, that's just about as many down weeks as up. Not like he's had a long stretch of good performance this year before a cold spot.

Maybe he's hit the wall and slowing down - who knows, but the arrow is not pointing up for him.

It seems like Colston has only gotten worse since I posted that owners shouldn't worry after the 2/15/0 game. He's actually been comically bad which I can't wrap my head around.

He was even dropped in my 10-team standard league today. It's only a $200 buy-in but still, I was extremely surprised to see him hit the waivers. Those who haven't been paying attention will likely hop all over him.

I haven't watched any NO games this year but I have to imagine that after putting up stat lines of 2/15/0, 1/11/0 and 3/18/0 over the past three weeks that something is definitely wrong with him. He's in Bowe territory right now.

Users who are viewing this thread