What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saints LB's (1 Viewer)

http://www.wwl.com/Article.asp?id=251204&spid=10173

Be that as it may, they looked things over and went back to work in Jackson on Monday. Jay Foreman lined up as the starting middle linebacker instead of Alfred Fincher. Do you think they needed to look at the films to see that Fincher had no tackles in the game?
Not surprised. To take a line from Monte Kiffin "Sometimes guys are so busy learning what to do that they don't showcase their abilities."

Starters today:

SLB Fujita

MLB Fincher

WLB Shanle

Fincher stood out in the boxscore with 7 solo tackles

Wow, what a mess. I'm glad I held on to Fincher - I have no idea how this will shake out, and we're this close to the opener. Seems likely that whatever they decide on won't work well, then they'll change things by week 2.

Fincher's 7 tackles in a quarter and a half was pretty impressive from a fantasy perspective. Too bad most of those tackles were well down the field.

nortobc said:
cracKer said:
Starters today:SLB FujitaMLB FincherWLB ShanleFincher stood out in the boxscore with 7 solo tackles
Who were the nickel backers?
I think it was Bockwoldt. From what I've seen, Saints have been using only 1 LB in nickel.

Are you sure about the nickel LB?I didn't see this week's game at all, but last week it was Fujita who stayed in on all passing downs. Kinda curious to know if it was Bucky or Fujita...
No, sorry bout that ... but pretty sure it was the same as week before. All I know is it wasn't Fincher. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in.

Didn't see the game.

What does seem painfully clear is that the new regime wants nothing to do with Colby Bockwoldt. Demoted to third string after a slew of less than impressive vet signings. Then, just when it looks like he may get another shot, they go get another less than impressive vet and immediately throw him in with the ones in "a competition" for the starting job.

If Bockwoldt was in the nickel packages before, I wouldn't be real confident that he's the long term option.

It was Fujita primarily in past games, with Brian Scott filling a dime back/extra LB role according to Saint homers.

Didn't see the game.

What does seem painfully clear is that the new regime wants nothing to do with Colby Bockwoldt. Demoted to third string after a slew of less than impressive vet signings. Then, just when it looks like he may get another shot, they go get another less than impressive vet and immediately throw him in with the ones in "a competition" for the starting job.

If Bockwoldt was in the nickel packages before, I wouldn't be real confident that he's the long term option.

It was Fujita primarily in past games, with Brian Scott filling a dime back/extra LB role according to Saint homers.
Yep, it was the same as last game, #55 in the nickel. Sorry bout the miss info guys, I recorded all the games on NFL Network and was hurrying through them only really paying attention to my players (Fincher, Harper and Smith). The wife is about ready to ground me from the dvr :rolleyes:

Saints just apparently traded WR Donte Stallworth to the Eagles for LB Mark Simoneau and a future draft pick.

LINK

Nod to Pasquino and Rudnicki for the breaking news.

How about that Saint LB corps? Polley, Foreman, Fujita, Shanle, and now Simoneau. Good times for them. :yucky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jene Bramel said:
LINK

Nod to Pasquino and Rudnicki for the breaking news.

How about that Saint LB corps? Polley, Foreman, Fujita, Shanle, and now Simoneau. Good times for them. :yucky:
It's like that Replacements movie. :popcorn:

So how does Simoneau fit in the LB rotation in NO? It still doesn't look like anyone but Fujita is set as a starter...

I could certainly see Simoneau earning a spot in the team's nickel package. Coverage is his strength. Not sure if he's much of an upgrade at MLB or WLB though.

I could certainly see Simoneau earning a spot in the team's nickel package. Coverage is his strength. Not sure if he's much of an upgrade at MLB or WLB though.
I think so, too. And the trade gives either Trotter or McCoy a bump as well, whichever joins Dhani Jones as his replacement in the nickel packages in Philadelphia.

Saints just apparently traded WR Donte Stallworth to the Eagles for LB Mark Simoneau and a future draft pick.
Having the extra 4th rounder, now will they give up a 3rd for Edwards?
Today's 4th from Philly is actually a conditional -- turns into a 3rd if the Eagles sign Stallworth to an extension. Supposedly the Saints have already offered the pick to SD for Edwards (reported by Adam Shefter on NFL Network).

Today's 4th from Philly is actually a conditional -- turns into a 3rd if the Eagles sign Stallworth to an extension. Supposedly the Saints have already offered the pick to SD for Edwards (reported by Adam Shefter on NFL Network).
Sounds like Edwards will be a Saint soon.

:blackdot:

ATC1 said:
Sidewinder said:
Rozelle said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
:blackdot:
Who do the Chargers move to ILB in place of Edwards, I'd like to try to get him cheap now.

Who do the Chargers move to ILB in place of Edwards, I'd like to try to get him cheap now.
You'll probably want to check out the two or three Edwards threads we've been adding to intermittently all offseason. They're pretty cluttered but there's a bunch of good discussion about Cooper, Wilhelm, and Dobbins.I've posted some more detailed information in those threads so I'll keep it brief here. I think it's Cooper for a multitude of reasons. The most recent tell is the five year contract to which they signed him.

More discussion here and here and here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread