What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

salary/contract league rules (1 Viewer)

waiver wire

Footballguy
i am looking to start a new idp salary/contract league and i am looking for rules fo rthat type of league.

i have never been in 1 so not quite sure on how to set it up.

so for the people that are in this type of leagues i was hoping that you could post your link to your rules

thanks

My league has 3 year contracts (A,B,C) with an option to renew one time for as long as you want at 5 units per year. The extensions are garaunteed money that you pay in real dollars if you cut the player or he retires or is injured and out of a career. When starting the league, you should draw a predetermined number of players out of a hat for each team. Make some guys C contracts that will be back in the auction next year, some guys B contracts that will be extended or in the auction in two years, and the rest are A contracts. This prevents everyone going back into the auction in three years, and also gives you some players to bid on in year two of the auction. Of course, if you start over from scratch every year then it doesn't make much of a difference.

I've described our league here a number of times in the past...we opted for contract only (no salaries), with a contract year cap...the cap has expanded each year which allowed owners to "grow" from a keeper to a near dynasty...we use IDP...we have a free agency period during the offseason...we spent hours and hours crafting our rules, attempting to account for all kinds of unique scenarios...feel free to PM with questions...

ERFFL rulebook

Last edited by a moderator:
www.serious-football.com

Lengthy rules but godammit they are worth it.

With our free agency, this league runs full steam maybe 10 months a year or more...

Users who are viewing this thread