What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sammy Watkins Groin Injury (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Just reported on local radio that Sammy left practice w a groin injury

Will update w more info as it becomes available.

Feel free to add

Well...great, just had picked up Orton to fill in for Foles.

Now may have to make other arrangements.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — A person familiar with the diagnosis has told The Associated Press that Buffalo Bills rookie receiver Sammy Watkins' groin injury won't prevent him from playing against Kansas City on Sunday.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because coach Doug Marrone declined to provide details of the injury after Watkins was hurt in practice on Wednesday.

The person said Watkins is fine and ready to go.

Marrone would only say that Watkins didn't finish practice and that it was too early to determine the severity of the injury.

When asked about a timetable, Marrone said the Bills' leading receiver "could play or miss 2-3 weeks, who knows."

The Bills (5-3) are coming out of their bye week and have a home matchup against the Chiefs (5-3) on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.wham1180.com/onair/bills-blog-52318/ap-source-bills-watkins-will-be-12939758#ixzz3IG2Bq3bw

What the hell does this even mean?
He probably posted in the wrong thread.

As far as Watkins goes though, like Jack White said, tomorrow is everything.

If he doesn't practice but they say he is a true game time decision then I don't think he'll play and if even if he does I'm not sure I'd be comfortable playing him.

If he does practice tomorrow on any level then I think he will play.

I imagine a Questionable Tag is coming either way though just to keep the Chiefs guessing.

No pratice on Friday. Doesn't look good IMO.

I still imagine some deception will come out of the Friday injury report. Like Questionable true Game Time Decision, but I don't think he'll play.

No pratice on Friday. Doesn't look good IMO.

I still imagine some deception will come out of the Friday injury report. Like Questionable true Game Time Decision, but I don't think he'll play.
Listed as questionable, Marrone has said nothing yet, however when they mentioned Fred, he said Fred was unlikely.

So naturally this means, Fred plays, Sammy doesnt.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak
"That's the coach's decision about whether I should play. It's a long season so I'm really clueless right now. I don't know," Watkins said.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak
Sammy Watkins not saying much. Said he underwent MRI but doesn't know results. Calls it a nagging injury.

Whenever a player says long season in a quote that is not a good sign.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak

"That's the coach's decision about whether I should play. It's a long season so I'm really clueless right now. I don't know," Watkins said.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak

Sammy Watkins not saying much. Said he underwent MRI but doesn't know results. Calls it a nagging injury.

Whenever a player says long season in a quote that is not a good sign.
Saying it's the coach's decision and he's clueless tells me that he feels good enough to be out there but that the team may hold him back to heal completely up by next Thursday's game against a division rival.

Marrone pretty much gives out the absolute bare minimum regarding injuries.

Even if Watkins does play, I'm concerned about the high potential for re-aggravating it.

Users who are viewing this thread