What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers *** Aiyuk: "They said they dont want me back. I swear" (5 Viewers)

Absolutely loving the massive disrespect for Brock, the offense without Deebo, and the defense I’m reading everywhere. Give them that chip on the shoulder please!
I've seen enough of Purdy in clutch moments to say dudes a legit franchise QB. Even so, so much of that offense is built around deebo. It would hurt quite a bit if he is out. The good thing is they have a ton of good weapons.

Absolutely loving the massive disrespect for Brock, the offense without Deebo, and the defense I’m reading everywhere. Give them that chip on the shoulder please!
I've seen enough of Purdy in clutch moments to say dudes a legit franchise QB. Even so, so much of that offense is built around deebo. It would hurt quite a bit if he is out. The good thing is they have a ton of good weapons.
I agree completely, CMC is 1A and Deebo is 1B… Even so, I don’t think they need bulletin board material. They expected to be here, prepared to be here, and are now battle tested to be here. But if the world wants to give them bulletin board material, yes please, let’s keep the disrespect flowing!

I also think they already know if he’s playing or not, but I don’t think we’ll know for sure until Sunday. We’ll have whispers Saturday at best, imo. DNP pretty obvious for tomorrow.

Found JT O’Sullivan’s breakdown of the GB game fascinating. I went to school with JTO and watched him make a million boneheaded decisions at QB there so it’s always a little difficult for me to take the professorial version of him seriously, but still, it’s good.

I get that there is a huge Detroit following, I am I guess what you call Band-Wagon joiner, but most knowledgeable football fans greatly respect the 49ers. They continue to be a touchdown favorite. I don’t see disrespect.

Brock Purdy is probably the highest regarded Mr. Irrelevant pick ever. And he had been amazing for your team, but people seek cracks with prohibitive favorites. And we have already witnessed a huge underdog win in dominating fashion this season.

Brock Purdy did struggle a bit last week, so that is what folks will pick up on. But, it is not disrespect.

I absolutely love watching the 49er offense. It is creative and exciting, but this year without Deebo, it has been not quite as good. Still really good though. And y’all continue to be heavily favored, so enjoy the week.

Brock Purdy is probably the highest regarded Mr. Irrelevant pick ever. And he had been amazing for your team, but people seek cracks with prohibitive favorites. And we have already witnessed a huge underdog win in dominating fashion this season.

Brock Purdy did struggle a bit last week, so that is what folks will pick up on. But, it is not disrespect.
I don’t think of him as Mr Irrelevant anymore, I think of him as a big time NFL QB. It’ll take a ring to get about 75% of the public to feel that way too. 25% will never give the respect… I like it, let’s keep a chip on his shoulder.

And there has been endless commentary out there how A) Brock is a system QB that is ONLY a beneficiary of the system and talent around him B) Defense looks terrible C) They can’t do it without Deebo.

I’m really starting to feel like they roll in this one.

ETA: and Joe Couchpotato (the public casual sports fan) being heavily wagered on Detroit… stars are starting to really align.

Today we obviously get our first DNP of the week for Deebo. Might be seen running or something on the sideline, but the official label will def be DNP.

As long as we get a limited on Friday, I’d say it’s highly probable he goes. That’s the day to watch.

Got to say, the “season is a total failure if they don’t win the Super Bowl” vibe is making the games less fun to watch for me personally. I generally enjoy successful seasons even if they fall a bit short but this year hasn’t had that same feeling.

I’m taking football way too seriously I guess. Last year was so much fun as a fan. This year not so much.

Got to say, the “season is a total failure if they don’t win the Super Bowl” vibe is making the games less fun to watch for me personally. I generally enjoy successful seasons even if they fall a bit short but this year hasn’t had that same feeling.

I’m taking football way too seriously I guess. Last year was so much fun as a fan. This year not so much.
I fully get what you're saying, and it's def less fun and more serious for me as well, but I think that just comes with the territory. 4 NFCC Games in 5 years, it brings you to a state of **** or get off the pot. Once you get over the finish line, the mentality changes. For the Chiefs, they'd love to win it all, but they've already gotten theirs, so 6 straight AFCC Games, they can handle the loss or a SB loss more in stride.

To me, this is the best SF team in the last 5 years too, and I don't even think it's close.

All of this really makes you feel for Bills fans, can only imagine the pain from those 1990's teams.

I think it's because this year's team is better than in past years. Before this year, the feeling has been "this team could win a Super Bowl" which is fun. This year the feeling was "this team should win a Super Bowl" which is a lot more stressful.

I think it's because this year's team is better than in past years. Before this year, the feeling has been "this team could win a Super Bowl" which is fun. This year the feeling was "this team should win a Super Bowl" which is a lot more stressful.
Agree completely

Deebo still in pain and struggling to get full movement in his shoulder per Rapsheet.

We will know more later today but its not sounding good IMO.

We just can't have nice things.
I guess at the least they will be able to draw up a game plan knowing that they’ll be without him if it comes to that. Be good and healthy in time for the SB.

Still sucks. I know “every team deals with injuries” this time of year but it would be nice to eventually be full strength going out there. I always prefer to see strength on strength in competitive competitions. He’s such an integral part of the team and everything they do.

From Kyle Shanahan press conference:

Q: Hows Deebo feeling?

Kyle: Hes feeling better

Q: does that make you more optimistic about his availability for Sunday?

Kyle: It makes me feel better

Q: What is Deebos exact injury, is it a separation, a bruise, dislocation, fracture, or..."?

Kyle "His shoulder hurts"

Q: okayyyy

Kyle: That's all, yeah, it just hurts.

Last edited:
From Kyle Shanahan press conference:

Q: Hows Deebo feeling?

Kyle: Hes feeling better

Q: does that make you more optimistic about his availability for Sunday?

Kyle: It makes me feel better

Q: What is Deebos exact injury, is it a separation, a bruise, dislocation, fracture, or..."?

Kyle "His shoulder hurts"

Q: okayyyy

Kyle: That's all, yeah, it just hurts.
Part of why I love Kyle. So low key and matter of fact with the media.

Man, the talking heads are just relentless with their Purdy hate this week. I can't even enjoy watching coverage because there's so much negativity.

No quarter Sunday, Brock. No quarter.

Public money heavily flowing on Detroit.

Yeah I'm seeing about 72% of the bets and money on Det +7, but Detroit moneyline is at 67% money, while 67% of the total bets are on SF.
This is what I’m seeing too.

ATS 51-52% of public bet is on the 49ers

Moneyline is 57% on SF
Where you getting this info from?

Deebo is the only player not practicing today. Everyone else is full go.
We already knew this though. Limited Friday is the hope.
We knew Deebo wasn't gonna practice, but we didn't know there would be zero other DNPs or limited.
Yea that’s good, but we didn’t have many injury concerns outside of Deebo. Doubtful he practices tomorrow. If he doesn’t log a limited Friday, then I lean to him not playing.

Yeah I'm seeing about 72% of the bets and money on Det +7, but Detroit moneyline is at 67% money, while 67% of the total bets are on SF.

Moneyline is 57% on SF

My first Google result

Matches what Im seeing in the CBS sports app

ETA

I don’t gamble so my Google algorithm is probably different. I just looked on Draftkings and they’re saying around 60% of ATS and 68% of the Moneyline is on Detroit.

Moneyline is 57% on SF

My first Google result

Matches what Im seeing in the CBS sports app

ETA

I don’t gamble so my Google algorithm is probably different. I just looked on Draftkings and they’re saying around 60% of ATS and 68% of the Moneyline is on Detroit.
Public is heavily on Detroit, that makes me happy.

This Lions fan is just popping into your little thread to say good luck Sunday 🥃
This is weird. A fan of the opposing team is in our thread, and I don't feel I need to attack or defend.

I'd say good luck to you too, but I definitely wouldn't mean it. I mean, I hope you win a scratch off or something, but I also hope the Lions lose.

Cheers!

Some of my fav posters are from rival teams.

@Wingnut

Curious if there is any data on the difference in our rush defense with and without Armstead? He missed a good chunk this season.
Its surprising how bad this defense has been at times.

Weeks 1-5 (win streak)
vs PIT, LAR, NYG, ARZ, DAL

Overall defense EPA: -0.142 (5th)
Rush EPA: -0.078 (19th)
Rush success rate: 43.6% (28th)

Weeks 10-13 (4 games after bye)
Vs JAX, TB, SEA, PHI

Overall defense EPA: -0.089 (9th)
Rush EPA: -0.047 (23rd)
Rush success rate: 46.5% (31st)

Weeks 14-17 (no Armstead, didn't include week 18 since we rested starters)
Vs SEA, ARZ, BAL, WAS

Overall defense EPA: 0.111 (26th)
Rush EPA: -0.157 (8th)
Rush success rate: 41.4 (23rd)

Last edited:
Deebo will get a shot for pain on game day if he needs one but he will play IMO.

Omar Ruiz:

Deebo Samuel was working off to the side during the portion of #49ers practice that was open to the media. He did some running, the full length of the practice field & back. Carried a ball with him at times. In our small window of observation, any discomfort wasn’t apparent.

Today we obviously get our first DNP of the week for Deebo. Might be seen running or something on the sideline, but the official label will def be DNP.

As long as we get a limited on Friday, I’d say it’s highly probable he goes. That’s the day to watch.

Deebo will get a shot for pain on game day if he needs one but he will play IMO.

Omar Ruiz:

Deebo Samuel was working off to the side during the portion of #49ers practice that was open to the media. He did some running, the full length of the practice field & back. Carried a ball with him at times. In our small window of observation, any discomfort wasn’t apparent.
Bingo, standby by this. A limited on Friday, he goes. He doesn’t practice on Friday, I think he’s out. They already know imo.

49ers have a projected 11 picks next draft, including the maximum 4 comp picks.

Round 1: Own pick
Round 2: Own pick
Round 3: Own pick
Round 3: Compensatory pick (Jimmy Garoppolo)
Round 4: Own pick
Round 4: Cowboys pick (Trey Lance trade)
Round 5: Compensatory pick (Samson Ebukam loss)
Round 6: Compensatory pick (Jimmie Ward loss)
Round 6: Compensatory pick (Azeez Al-Shaair loss)
Round 7: Own pick
Round 7: Rams pick, via Broncos (Randy Gregory trade)

Last edited:
So against Green Bay, Kyle had Purdy throw it a career high 39 times, in the rain, against a team that was near the top in pass defense and near the bottom in run defense, had a good pass rush,

This week, its switched up - Detroit has a great run defense and trash pass defense.

Will Kyle actually attack the weakness this time?

Users who are viewing this thread