What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers thread *** running it back in 2024 with 18 of 22 Super Bowl starters (4 Viewers)

Lombardi:

Isaac Guerendo had the fastest 40 time (4.33) in this year's NFL combine for RBs.

Guerendo is also a ball of muscle at 221 pounds. This might be an excellent fit for SF's evolving run game, which has striven to mix outside-zone speed focus with powerful runners.

Also Eli Mitchell will be a free agent after this season.

Last edited:
49ers add WR Jacob Cowing from Arizona to close out the 4th round.

Jacob Cowing, 5-foot-8, 168 pounds, ran a 4.38-second 40-yard dash at the combine.

PFF's comparison for Cowing was Tank Dell, who had a fantastic rookie season in Houston last year.

It’s a little disappointing reading all these pick recaps and realizing everyone currently slated to start ahead of them on the roster is a FA after next year (Banks, Feliciano, Ward, Lenoir, Aiyuk, Jennings, Deebo [functionally]). Next offseason is going to be rough.
I went and counted on spotrac, they have 8 starters who will be unrestricted free agents next offseason (37% of the lineup). That doesn't count Campbell (who will start until Greenlaw's healthy), Jennings, Ambry Thomas, Elijah Mitchell, and a couple key backups like Jaylon Moore and Flanigan-Fowles.

49ers 2024 NFL Draft so far

Round 1 (31): WR Ricky Pearsall, Florida
Round 2 (64): CB Renardo Green, Florida State
Round 3 (86): OL Dominick Puni, Kansas
Round 4 (124): S Malik Mustapha, Wake Forest
Round 4 (129): RB Isaac Guerendo, Louisville
Round 4 (135): WR Jacob Cowing, Arizona
Round 6 (215)
Round 7 (251)

49ers bringing speed to the offense.

40 times:

* WR Ricky Pearsall: 4.41
* RB Isaac Guerendo: 4.33
* WR Jacob Cowing: 4.38

Danny Gray, we hardly knew ya.

After the WTF moment when Pearsall was announced, thought the rest of the draft was really good. Even like the Pearsall pick after I have read up on him. Picking behind the Ravens sucks though. Wiggins and Rosegarden were my two draft crushes and they grabbed them both right in front of us. Doesn’t mean that’s who SF wanted of course but still pissssed me off.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the 49ers draft. I like what I’ve read about everyone they took, they addressed a ton of needs, and they didn’t deal Aiyuk or Deebo.

Solid draft. From the 31, I’m giving them an A-/B+

If they hit on the WR, CB & OL it’ll be an A.

After the WTF moment when Pearsall was announced, thought the rest of the draft was really good. Even like the Pearsall pick after I have read up on him. Picking behind the Ravens sucks though. Wiggins and Rosegarden were my two draft crushes and they grabbed them both right in front of us. Doesn’t mean that’s who SF wanted of course but still pissssed me off.
I feel 💯 the same about this draft.

I may have made other choices, but I may have been wrong, so…

With the 129th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the 49ers select Louisville RB Isaac Guerendo.
sigh
You knew they’d take a RB. They *always* take a RB. It’s like their good luck charm
Sure, but he'll be beat out by a talented undrafted rookie as also always happens.
Of course he will.

I’ve learned not to question the secret sauce. I’ve also learned not to draft any of these scrubs in my rookie drafts.

I feel 💯 the same about this draft.

I may have made other choices, but I may have been wrong, so…
Will be an exciting offense this year. Adding Pearsall and Cowing gives Kyle a lot of creative options. Plus Brock with a full and heathy training camp. I think they throw quite a bit more this year.

Not as worried about the OL as most are. Would have liked to have upgraded McKivitz but wasn’t in the cards. Line will be fine as long as Burford doesn’t have to see much action.

With the 129th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the 49ers select Louisville RB Isaac Guerendo.
sigh
You knew they’d take a RB. They *always* take a RB. It’s like their good luck charm
Sure, but he'll be beat out by a talented undrafted rookie as also always happens.
Who knows, maybe this is the year. Love the size and speed plus apparently really good in pass protection and can catch the ball.

A few observations and predictions;

-Green starts in 2024 opposite Mooney Ward, keeping Lenoir in the slot. For what’s it worth, Louis Riddick called him the best press corner in the draft. Thomas back to the bench as a decent depth piece.

-Puni starts the season with the Daniel Brunskill role but is starting at LG by mid- season. Feliciano played really well last year and if Brendel struggles, could be moved to center.

-Elijah Mitchell is traded (Dallas) and Guerendo becomes the backup with Mason as #3. Guerendo is better suited for the backup role being a better pass protector and receiver than Mitchell.

Really like this draft, especially considering they picked 31st. Not sure of Pearsall’s role year one but he will add another dimension to the offense and if Deebo misses time, it won’t be as painful. Plus preparing for 2025. A lot of criticism for the pick from the “mock draft” community but who cares 😎

I’ll be curious about a few of the camp battles, but Green versus Luter and Yiadom is one of the more interesting ones. I’d be pretty surprised if they benched Banks at LG this year - Banks is in a walk year (so has plenty of motivation to kill it this season) and was their second best offensive linemen last year.

The 49ers are expected to return 18 of the 22 players who started in the Super Bowl, which explains why they drafted with an eye toward the future and a time they won't be able to afford all of their high-priced stars.

Armstead, Young, and Gipson - who else isn’t coming back? Are they counting Greenlaw?
I didnt read the article yet, but heres a link

49ers weren’t seeking immediate returns during forward-looking draft

49ers went big for undrafted defensive tackle Evan Anderson: $280,000 total guaranteed money, $30,000 to sign and $250,000 of his base salary guaranteed, per a source

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1784626543743865032

Edit: 6’3 326 lbs from Florida Atlantic
Why UDFA DT Even Anderson might be assured a role with 49ers this season

The San Francisco 49ers are reportedly signing defensive tackle, Evan Anderson, an undrafted rookie free agent (UDFA) from Florida Atlantic, to a guaranteed contract. Aaron Wilson, who covers the NFL and the Houston Texans for KPRC 2 Houston, was the first to report this, saying, "49ers went big for undrafted defensive tackle Evan Anderson: $280,000 total guaranteed money, $30,000 to sign and $250,000 of his base salary guaranteed, per a source."

Matt Maiocco, of NBC Sports Bay Area, shared Wilson's post and added an interesting addition: "This basically assures DT Evan Anderson at least a spot on the 49ers' practice squad as a rookie. The minimum salary for practice-squad players for the full season is $225,000."

This shows that the 49ers, who surprisingly did not draft a defensive tackle, are likely high on Anderson. If the team is offering him as much as they reportedly are, it is an indication that GM John Lynch and company may believe Anderson is good enough to almost certainly make the practice squad and that he has a chance to eventually make the active roster. Anderson (6'3, 326 lbs.) would be a welcomed addition to the 49ers defensive front. Last season, teams ran the ball on the 49ers more than they have in the past, especially in the postseason.

The former FAU Owl effectively takes on double teams and has shown flashes in which he wreaks havoc in the middle of the line. He was voted a team captain and was named third team All-American Athletic Conference. In 2023, Anderson had 22 tackles and 3.5 sacks.

The 49ers are expected to return 18 of the 22 players who started in the Super Bowl, which explains why they drafted with an eye toward the future and a time they won't be able to afford all of their high-priced stars.

Armstead, Young, and Gipson - who else isn’t coming back? Are they counting Greenlaw?

It didn’t say which is why I was asking if anyone knew if I was missing a starter that left.

It didn’t say which is why I was asking if anyone knew if I was missing a starter that left.
Yeah, it must be Greenlaw.

I still get sick when I think about when he went down running onto the field during the SB. He was playing out of his mind.

Interesting Twitter exchange. I hadn't even been thinking about TE2.

Coach Yac:
It’s time for the 49ers to go out and sign Robert Tonyan to be their TE2

A 1-year deal would cost roughly 2.7M.

Al Sacco response:
Agree, TE2 still needs to be addressed. Can’t go into the year with Latu, Willis and Saubert.

Tonyan would be a nice, cheapish pickup.

49ers upcoming offseason dates:

Rookie Minicamp:
May 10-11

OTA Offseason Workouts:
May 20-21
May 23
May 28-29
May 31

Mandatory Minicamp:
June 4-6

Users who are viewing this thread