What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers thread *** running it back in 2024 with 18 of 22 Super Bowl starters (5 Viewers)

49ers QBs that have started at least 1 game since Jeff Garcia in 2003:

Tim Rattay
Ken Dorsey
Cody Pickett
Alex Smith
Trent Dilfer
Shaun Hill
Chris Weinke
JT O'Sullivan
Trey Smith
David Carr
Colin Kaepernick
Bland Gabbert
Brian Hoyer
Nick Mullens
CJ Beathard
Jimmy Garoppolo
Trey Lance

That's 17 QBs from 2004 - 2022.

We've paid our dues. We deserve Brock Purdy.

Merry Christmas, 49er fans!
Completely forgot about Troy Smith. I remember being irrationally hopeful about him for a minute.

Tim Rattay
Ken Dorsey
Cody Pickett
Alex Smith
Trent Dilfer
Shaun Hill
Chris Weinke
JT O'Sullivan
Trey Smith
David Carr
Colin Kaepernick
Bland Gabbert
Brian Hoyer
Nick Mullens
CJ Beathard
Jimmy Garoppolo
Trey Lance

Completely forgot about Troy Smith. I remember being irrationally hopeful about him for a minute.
Ha! Me too! 🤣

One of the only things that concerns me going into the playoffs is special teams. We're ranked in the low to mid 20s in that phase, don't have a decent returner right now, and Moody hasn't been tested outside of the game winner he missed in Cleveland.

Any idea when Ray Ray should be coming back? Completely agree about the returner.
IIRC, Ray Ray should be back week 18.

Current top 5 in Pro Bowl fan voting:

1. Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins: 175,772
2. Christian McCaffrey, 49ers: 131,108
3. Brock Purdy, 49ers: 120,909
4. C.J. Stroud, Texans: 113,490
5. George Kittle: 109,107

So much for my hopes that Kalia Davis would be a difference maker.

State of the 49ers' defensive tackles:

Healthy: Javon Kinlaw, Kevin Givens

Has a chance to play Monday: Javon Hargrave (hamstring), Arik Armstead (foot, ankle)

IR: Kalia Davis (which opens up a spot on the 53-man roster. TY McGill and Spencer Waege are the two practice squad options to replace him)

pre practice report

Not practicing
DT Arik Armstead (foot/knee)
DT Javon Hargrave (hamstring)
RB Elijah Mitchell (knee)
TE Ross Dwelley (ankle)
LB Oren Burks (knee)
WR Jauan Jennings (concussion protocol)

Limited
DL Clelin Ferrell (ankle)

Shanahan didnt provide any additional information as to Hargrave or Armsteads potential status for MNF.

Tim Rattay
Ken Dorsey
Cody Pickett
Alex Smith
Trent Dilfer
Shaun Hill
Chris Weinke
JT O'Sullivan
Troy Smith
David Carr
Colin Kaepernick
Bland Gabbert
Brian Hoyer
Nick Mullens
CJ Beathard
Jimmy Garoppolo
Trey Lance

"Bland Gabbert" :ROFLMAO:

I have a feeling we may see the Rams in the divisional round.
49ers will put up 40 plus against that defense. Their secondary is a joke and if you double Donald, they don't have much of a pass rush.

I hope they get to play the Rams in the playoffs

One NFL analyst believes the quest is for 2nd place after the 49ers.

Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio, who you wouldn’t confuse with an analyst that’s been pro-Niners over the years, has changed his tune in 2023. Florio believes everybody is playing for second place:

"If key players are healthy, they’re gonna kick the **** out of everybody they face. The quest is for second place. That’s it. As long as those people stay healthy. They’re currently healthy. They’re going to kick the **** out of the Ravens on Monday night. I’m sorry, I know that’s rude to the Ravens, but let’s be realistic.

They have to fly across the country on Christmas night. The 49ers are waiting. And the 49ers are going to dismantle the Ravens. If it’s a Super Bowl preview, the Super Bowl is going to suck. Because the 49ers, as long as those guys are healthy, they’re going to run over everybody.”

Evidence would suggest that the 49ers will not be slowed down by anybody. The “best” teams that they’ve faced this season, the Eagles and the Cowboys, gave up 40 points and the game was over in 2.5 quarters.

Florio is making it sound like we’ll see a similar outcome on Monday night. Baltimore is a better team than Philadelphia and Dallas, but they’ve shown cracks in the armor recently, and the cross-country travel doesn’t bode well for the Ravens.

Link

Agree on Armstead being rested, at least until the 17th game. He’s a seasoned vet, maybe let him get some game time last game of the season and make the push fully rested.

Honestly, I don’t think it’ll happen, but I wouldn’t mind getting the **** kicked out of us by Baltimore. One solid *** whopping before the playoffs just to get a nice wake up call wouldn’t be the end of the world, imo.

Honestly, I don’t think it’ll happen, but I wouldn’t mind getting the **** kicked out of us by Baltimore. One solid *** whopping before the playoffs just to get a nice wake up call wouldn’t be the end of the world, imo
I don't see that happening, and I wonder how vanilla both playbooks will be since this could be a SB matchup and neither is gonna want to show any new wrinkles.

IMO the 49ers need this game more, they need to lock up that #1 seed as soon as possible.

49ers-Ravens game statuses

OUT
Arik Armstead (foot, knee)
Oren Burks (knee)
Ross Dwelley (ankle)
Jauan Jennings (concussion)

QUESTIONABLE
Javon Hargrave (hamstring)
Elijah Mitchell (knee)

Javon Hargrave (hamstring) says "I guess we'll see" when asked if he will play Monday but said he's felt good in practice.

"All these right now are big games for us," Hargrave said. "I just ain't used to missing games. So, I want to be able to play in all of them."

Arik Armstead is out for 49ers-Ravens. SF is more concerned with his foot issue than the knee. Shanahan says issue is same as last year (plantar fasciitis) and there is no certainty on timeline for his return.

If SF gets the #1 seed, their first playoff game would be Jan 20th.

Arik Armstead is out for 49ers-Ravens. SF is more concerned with his foot issue than the knee. Shanahan says issue is same as last year (plantar fasciitis) and there is no certainty on timeline for his return.

If SF gets the #1 seed, their first playoff game would be Jan 20th.
I'm officially a little worried about him. They need the bye.

Honestly, I don’t think it’ll happen, but I wouldn’t mind getting the **** kicked out of us by Baltimore. One solid *** whopping before the playoffs just to get a nice wake up call wouldn’t be the end of the world, imo
I don't see that happening, and I wonder how vanilla both playbooks will be since this could be a SB matchup and neither is gonna want to show any new wrinkles.

IMO the 49ers need this game more, they need to lock up that #1 seed as soon as possible.
I don’t see it happening either. But if we do take a loss, it’s not the end of the world, imo. A swift kick in the *** can we wake the beast. Even though they seem plenty awake, I just don’t think it would be a bad thing.

I’m not scared of the Rams tbh, and Washington, meh… if they take the loss, they’ll get the next 2, imo.

Randy Gergory added to injury report with an illness and is listed as questionable

:wall:

If Gregory can't go, it might mean extensive play for fifth-round pick Robert Beal Jr.

DEs on 53-man roster: Gregory, Beal, Nick Bosa, Chase Young, Clelin Ferrell

DEs on PS: Alex Barrett

DEs on IR: Drake Jackson

The San Francisco 49ers announced they have promoted wide receiver Willie Snead from the practice squad to the active roster. To make room on the roster, the team waived offensive lineman Matt Pryor.

In addition, the 49ers elevated defensive lineman T.Y. McGill and cornerback Jason Verrett from the practice squad, making them available for tonight's game.

This one was on Purdy. That’s fine, just can’t let it happen again this year if they want to win a title.
How about Kyle refusing to run the ball and not taking pressure off Purdy for much of the 1st half?

Drove me nuts til I accepted that theyre not gonna win tonight.

Everyone’s gonna blame Brock, but at least two of the ints weren’t his fault really. The penalties and the drops are probably more to blame.

I still don’t think Shanahan will ever take a team all the way. Always finds some way to mess it all up.

This was a tough loss for the 49ers, but don't overreact.

The Cowboys lost to the Cardinals.

The Bills lost to the Patriots.

The Eagles lost to the Seahawks with Drew Lock.

The Chiefs lost to the Raiders.

The Dolphins lost to the Titans.

The Ravens lost to the Steelers and Browns.

Bad games happen.

Everyone’s gonna blame Brock, but at least two of the ints weren’t his fault really. The penalties and the drops are probably more to blame.

I still don’t think Shanahan will ever take a team all the way. Always finds some way to mess it all up.
Purdy got away with a couple throws too, so I’m not willing to chalk this one up to extenuating circumstances.

This one was on Purdy. That’s fine, just can’t let it happen again this year if they want to win a title.
How about Kyle refusing to run the ball and not taking pressure off Purdy for much of the 1st half?

Drove me nuts til I accepted that theyre not gonna win tonight.
They were moving the ball at will in the first but for the picks. Purdy’s either a guy we can trust or he’s not, I’m fine with Shanahan putting the ball in his hands for stretches once in awhile.

Ravens might be the best team in the NFL right now.

49ers are still the best in the NFC IMO.

The "best team" doesn't always win the SB.

Perspective.

The 49ers Threw the Ball 46 times
The 49ers Ran the Ball 18 times

They averaged 6.7 yards per rush vs BAL.

Just a horrible game plan and no adjustment.

He looked off, his throws, decisions, accuracy, etc… I just hope he’s okay.

I said it before this game and I stand by it, getting our asses kicked isn’t the end of the world. Sometimes a swift kick in the *** is the best medicine, and this medicine was timed perfectly.

5 in a row, wake-up call.
6 in a row, wake-up call.

Let’s finish the season with 5 in a row.

Last edited:
I still worry as I do every year at this time of year that Shanahan is a choker and way to cute to win the big games.

Should have ran it down their throats last night. They came in to stop the big 49ers play

I still worry as I do every year at this time of year that Shanahan is a choker and way to cute to win the big games.

Should have ran it down their throats last night. They came in to stop the big 49ers play
I obviously have the same worries, I feel they’re too good this season. He doesn’t get it done this year, he never gets it done.

I obviously have the same worries, I feel they’re too good this season. He doesn’t get it done this year, he never gets it done.

I agree...even some of the other big games I have thought they were winning because of the talent and covering some of his flaws

Last night was atrocious however...he's going to have this stigma until he proves otherwise

SF should be able to rebound this week, even though Washington could put a fight.. I do think Rams might beat them tho.

Nobody wants to play the rams right now...they are as good as anyone in this league
This dude has been trolling this thread all season. 98% of what he has said has turned out incorrect. The ignore function is a quality tool in these situations.

If we need to win both, no questions asked we win both, imo.

SF should be able to rebound this week, even though Washington could put a fight.. I do think Rams might beat them tho.

Nobody wants to play the rams right now...they are as good as anyone in this league
Yeah, if my memory is right, the Rams gave the Niners a tussle earlier this year and the Rams had a lot of questions going into that game. Seems like they have really found their self on offense now.

Washington will fight and play hard and if Jacoby starts they may keep it close, but can't see them beating SF, especially a pissed off SF team.

This dude has been trolling this thread all season. 98% of what he has said has turned out incorrect. The ignore function is a quality tool in these situations.

Just like you were going to win last night..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No need to be a jerk dude...

You can go back in the thread and read his previous interactions in here or you can take my word for it. I didn’t engage back then and only highlighted it to you as you might not have seen them. He trolls in this specific thread, not an opinion.

You can go back in the thread and read his previous interactions in here or you can take my word for it. I didn’t engage back then and only highlighted it to you as you might not have seen them. He trolls in this specific thread, not an opinion.
Honestly man, you can't take it.. Its a board and it's out of good fun.. I honestly have nothing against SF, but lobve busting your guys balls. Like I said, its out of fun.

I am a Steeler fan, so at least you have a competent QB and team.

Users who are viewing this thread