What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

sandwiches - let's help each other fix lunch (1 Viewer)

Today was a smoked turkey wrap with mayo, feta cheese crumbles, pickles, and lettuce.

I buy the large burrito wraps vs bread to keep the carbs down. Gotta watch my figure these days.

To the folks that buy lunch every day ...isn't there something better you could do with $200 a month?

Today was a smoked turkey wrap with mayo, feta cheese crumbles, pickles, and lettuce.

I buy the large burrito wraps vs bread to keep the carbs down. Gotta watch my figure these days.

To the folks that buy lunch every day ...isn't there something better you could do with $200 a month?
Spend $75 of it on groceries to make my own food?

Grilled up some nice sirloins the other night.  With the leftovers, I made a steak sandwich on sourdough with a little Grey Poupon, sliced dill pickle and Swiss cheese.  Pretty good.  :thumbup:

This thread has reminded me of just how pick of an eater I am.  If I get a sub at a deli or something, I just get meat, cheese and tomato.  No mayo, no lettuce, none of that business.  Maybe some olive oil if it's one of those places.

And no sandwich for me today... it's Weinerschnitzel Wednesday.   :oldunsure:

Here will say I'm very lucky I share an office with just two other guys now, so there's no real risk of food theft, which I could see being a problem working in a bigger company.  I can stock the fridge with sandwich materials and they'll remain untouched.  Leftovers from dinner also go unmolested.  

My last job, my boss bought lunch for us every day so long as we ate at our desks.  If it's weight gain you're looking for in life, I highly suggest that route.  :porked:

today was chinese takeout leftovers

yesterday was:

oven roasted pepper turkey
sharp cheddar (tillamooooook)
on Dave's killer bread
layer of fresh spinach
fresh pickles from farmer's market
spicy mustard

this was one of my creations from a few weeks ago.  similar setup, but with toasted bread, avocado and chipotle veganaise

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gjTGCzubTL54EnnG7

Last edited by a moderator:
I get confused about this stuff.  Who wants to only eat 300-400 calories for lunch?  
I'm not a calorie counter, and I'll admit that at first I thought they ere small, but they fill me up pretty good. Usually have a banana or some other snack at about 3pm though.

regardless, my point was that, these services are out there for people who are sick of eating a sandwich everyday.   

I very rarely make sammich's at home, but when I do its a grilled Reuben on pumpernickle with my homemade sauerkraut. :drool:

I'm not a calorie counter, and I'll admit that at first I thought they ere small, but they fill me up pretty good. Usually have a banana or some other snack at about 3pm though.

regardless, my point was that, these services are out there for people who are sick of eating a sandwich everyday.   
Makes sense.  I just personally get annoyed that often meals that are described as "healthy" are also low in calories.  There seems to be fewer options like this for healthy high calories meals.  

Since my wife is now far far better looking than me, I'm doing the low carb thing so your recipe as is was actually perfect. 
I am pretty new to the avocado party.  I avoided them most of my life, but now I really enjoy them and seek out recipes that include them.  Made this on a family vacation using grilled chicken and it was a big hit. :thumbup:

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
General Malaise said:
Just made this today and it was very good.  Thanks for posting it.  I used red onion instead of white.  I ran out of garlic, so I just sprinkled in some garlic powder.  I also recommend increasing the lime juice a little.  I ended up using 1/2 of a lime which may have been more like 2-3 tablespoons.  Lastly, I used half of a jalapeno as called for, but after eating it had wished I used more.  I will use a whole one next time I make it.  Excellent.

Country ham

Mayo

Stone ground mustard

Edit: sometimes jalapenos and/or banana peppers

Bacon

Provolone

Turkey

Country ham

Last edited by a moderator:
ProstheticRGK said:
@shuke didn't you have a tip for cutting a bunch of grapes in half all at once?
If you put grapes or cherry/grape tomatoes between two plates upside down  (I use the flat tops of the round containers from Chinese food) you can slice them in half, I use a long bread knife.

That's why my turkey lunch meat is sandwiched between slices of country ham.
Reading this, I know that t-shirt package found a happy home!!  :pickle:

I made a seared tuna steak sandwich with a tapenade aioli on a fresh role the other day.  It was very good.  I got the tapenade aioli from a food network recipe:

For the tapenade aioli:

• 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
  • 2 tablespoons capers, drained
  • 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
  • 1 lemon, zested
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
  • Salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

mr. furley said:
stuck in a sandwich rut right now

pb&j every day

make no mistake, it's delicious and i've got the recipe dialed in but looking to shake things up.

recently had a ham & swiss with cucumber and tomato that knocked my head off. never imagined putting cucumber and tomato on my ham & swiss until then. it's like dropping acid. after the experience i'm left wondering about how far this universe actually expands.

hit me

@AhrnCityPahnder
Turkey, Swiss, bacon preferably with one of those panini press machines. 

Users who are viewing this thread