What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scorched Earth--Or a way to send a STRONG message to your employees and competitors (1 Viewer)

chet said:
My friend owns a PE company and has a number of portfolio companies that he owns outright. I was talking to him today and he mentioned a situation at one of them where last week, a key employee tendered his resignation for a local competitor. The employee had a 5-year non-compete clause that specifically named his new company as a restricted from employing him.  

My friend immediately sued the employee and feels that the court will enforce the non-compete albeit for a shorter term. He also found the names of the salespeople and engineers at the competitor and made all of them offers at 15-20% above market. Opposing counsel called his attorney and asked for a moratorium on recruiting each other's staff and he told him to pound sand.  

I am pretty sure his remaining employees will think twice before violating their non-competes and his competitors will be similarly careful.
He's probably like 5'3" right?  Sounds like a Napoleon complex.

Users who are viewing this thread