What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scout: McNeal > Young as NFL prospect (1 Viewer)

mac daddy

Footballguy
Printed in an Austin paper after Reggie McNeal's performance in the Shrine Game.

"Write this down," said NFL evaluator Dan Shonka, a former scout with three NFL teams. "Reggie McNeal will be a better pro quarterback than Vince Young. Vince is a good athlete, but he could be a $50 million mistake."

Shonka loves McNeal's arm strength, decision-making and his ability to throw into tight spots, something he's not sure Young can do. Shonka's Ourlads.com Web site raved about Kurt Warner when he was stocking groceries, and he begged the Eagles to take a Longhorn rookie named Priest Holmes before recommending him to the Ravens.

Link to full story in Austin American Statesmen

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh. He might be right; he certainly isn't the first guy to hold the opinion. That said, I'm sorry, but this seems very wrong: "He'll definitely be a first-round pick," Shonka said. "There'll be 32 stupid teams if he isn't." They may turn out to be stupid, but he isn't a "definite" first rounder this year. If he absolutely kills at the combine, he could sneak in there, but it's faaaar from definite. Bloom and I have much to say about Reggie comin' up in some of our soon-to-be-added Shrine Game posts......and don't worry, a lot of it is good. ;) We also have some fun speculation on who takes him where.

There was talk before this season that McNeal was a better college QB than Young. I didn't see anything this season to support that, so my money is on VY until McNeal shows me something to change my mind.

There was talk before this season that McNeal was a better college QB than Young. I didn't see anything this season to support that, so my money is on VY until McNeal shows me something to change my mind.
Or more importantly, where he ends up after the draft.

I'm going to make it a point to never go to ourlads website ever again if this is the same jackass that was selling those dogs into research. What a piece of crap. Does anyone know for sure if this is the same guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to make it a point to never go to ourlads website ever again if this is the same jackass that was selling those dogs into research. What a piece of crap. Does anyone know for sure if this is the same guy?
:goodposting: No idea if it's true or not.. but that is really bogus.

once again: who?
This guy had been an NFL scout for years. He took over Ourlads scouting services a year or so ago. Looks like he took it over after finishing a sentence for selling dogs that weren't his to sell to research labs. BTW, I have subscribed to ourlads for at least last five years. Thought it was a better product before he bought it. This info is probably enough to make the check that he already has cashed for this year to be his last.

Users who are viewing this thread