What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seattle LB Battle? (1 Viewer)

No. 16

Footballguy
The Seattle LB battles are quite interesting and I was wondering how that would effect Sharper's fantasy production after being a stud in Houston.Right now the depth chart at NFL.com and OUrlad's has Sharper the starter at SLB which is not very productive fantasy wise.Also reading reports out of mini-camp none of them had Shraper playing the MLB position.So is there any chance Sharper could produce Top 5 numbers or is that an after thought?If not Sharper who has the best chance to produce the best numbers?

Sharper could be a Top-5 LB as a MLB. If he plays SLB instead, it will be difficult for him to crack the Top-20.Either way, Sharper should be a productive 3-down backer in '05...if his knees hold up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering the same thing about Kevin Burnett. If he plays SLB in DAL, he's worth a lot less than if he plays ILB - and I honestly can't believe he can't outplay Dat Nguyen. Nguyen makes plays - but they are usually 5 yds downfield - he's just too small to play in the middle.If I had to guess, I think Sharper is going to end up as a SLB in SEA just because of the extreme need there. Niko & Lofa can fight it out for the MLB spot.

I'm wondering the same thing about Kevin Burnett. If he plays SLB in DAL, he's worth a lot less than if he plays ILB - and I honestly can't believe he can't outplay Dat Nguyen. Nguyen makes plays - but they are usually 5 yds downfield - he's just too small to play in the middle.

If I had to guess, I think Sharper is going to end up as a SLB in SEA just because of the extreme need there. Niko & Lofa can fight it out for the MLB spot.
I think Dallas ILB is Dat and James or Shanle when they are in the 3-4, Dat by himself when they are not ... you can write off Al Singleton I believe and Burnett wont get a whiff of ILB action in either the 3-4 or the 4-3 ...BTW, hasn't Sharper put up some pretty good numbers as a SLB before?

A better point of reference is to look at what Anthony Simmons did at SLB during his time in SEA. Had it not been for his health issues, he would have been Top-20 practically every year he was there. I don't have numbers in front of me right now, but I have owned him the last several years, and when he was in the lineup he put up nice numbers.

Actually, at least in the past, Seatlle does a right-side / left-side thing at LB. I don't know if that's the plan this year.

Any word on Lofa? Seems like a possible Dat Nguyen type MLB. Highly productive while undersized.

Users who are viewing this thread