What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock Draft #2 - Let's draft! (1 Viewer)

So no talk about who the Lions selected at 10?
Great pick, the Lions have needed to draft a 1st round CB for several years and haven't done so. Which is exactly why in real life I think they'll pick something other than a defensive secondary player which IMHO is their top need by far. Which is why these mock drafts are so fun - there's little chance that the Jags, Browns, and Raiders would make choices as sensible as the people in this thread. So far no true headscratchers like the Fins moving up to take Dion Jordan at 1.3 when he didn't really even fit their scheme.

I like it. They could have gone several ways but there's no doubt that corner is a top need.

And I like Gilbert.
Agree, I saw people clamoring for Evans. I'll say this I think Evans is the best WR in the draft even over Watkins, but WR is not a need in the 1st round any longer and would actually hurt the team if they wasted a top pick on him with sooo many other needs.

I say this and mean it, if Lewand and Mayhew take anyone other than Dennard or Gilbert, they should be fired before the draft is over. Every year they pass on that position and every year they get torched in the secondary, if at this point they can not learn simple team make up at the highest level, they should be gone.

I've been waiting on Borden for the official word, but last night we tentatively agreed to a trade, and since everyone is getting a little antsy I'll go ahead and perform the trade, hoping everything is okay.

Dallas Cowboys trade the 1.16 and 3.14 to the Tennessee Titans for the 1.11 to select Aaron Donald, DT.

With Ware, Hatcher, and Spencer all moving on, Dallas must address the D-line in this draft. I believe Donald ought to be their man and with NYG at 12 and CHI at 14, I don't think they can sit around at 16.
I would like to take credit for initiating that trade :)
Sorry for the wait gents. I was actually asleep at the wheel there. Just want to confirm the trade. And give Blackjacks the credit for setting this up. If we had more in picks and trade pieces this would have looked different but for what we are working with this is the trade. That said, I still like this trade for the Titans.

I've been waiting on Borden for the official word, but last night we tentatively agreed to a trade, and since everyone is getting a little antsy I'll go ahead and perform the trade, hoping everything is okay.

Dallas Cowboys trade the 1.16 and 3.14 to the Tennessee Titans for the 1.11 to select Aaron Donald, DT.

With Ware, Hatcher, and Spencer all moving on, Dallas must address the D-line in this draft. I believe Donald ought to be their man and with NYG at 12 and CHI at 14, I don't think they can sit around at 16.
Sorry for the wait gents. I was actually asleep at the wheel there. Just want to confirm the trade. And give Blackjacks the credit for setting this up. If we had more in picks and trade pieces this would have looked different but for what we are working with this is the trade. That said, I still like this trade for the Titans.
I like it also. With the way this draft is going TEN will still get a great asset at 1.16 and that extra 3rd rounder is going to be huge. I'm guessing a very nice CJ?K replacement will be available with that pick, should they decide to go that direction of course.

Yes, thanks to Blackjacks for initiating this.

And yes, the Cowboys would have been willing to give up a little more to make this move, but with just three rounds this works for the both of us. In my opinion, Donald is the sole member of the second tier of defensive linemen (with Clowney the first tier and I don't consider Mack a D-linemen) with a significant drop-off to the next guys. I think there's a good chance the Giants would have taken him at 12 and if not them then certainly the Bears at 14. With that being my thinking, I figured I could trade up to take Donald, hope that I get a partner to trade back with at 16, or settle for a player. When the Titans rang, that immediately became option #1.

Sabertooth said:
I guess I'm thinking on a game by game basis. I agree that Blackmon is a total wildcard but for the games that both were on the field and if Robinson can become a poor man's Sproles, you might have something down there. It'd be tough to contain Watkins and Blackmon, similar to Marshall and Jeffrey actually in terms of having big wideouts. I don't think Henne has anywhere near Cutler's talent however.
I really don't think the Jags are counting on Justin Blackmon for anything. Caldwell recently said something like anything they get from him is a bonus. And he's not on a 1 year suspension, he's on indefinite suspension and can apply for reinstatement but there are zero guarantees the suspension is lifted.

I think you're looking at Watkins and Shorts not Blackmon and Watkins if that pick is made.

I like following along, but this is nuts... We did 3 rounds in 3 days last month.

With Robinson, Matthews, & Lewan all gone, they go defense here. I would be surprised, but not completely shocked if they took Teddy Bridgewater as the future, but there is one pick in this exact situation the Giants make, especially with Donald now gone too.

I like following along, but this is nuts... We did 3 rounds in 3 days last month.

With Robinson, Matthews, & Lewan all gone, they go defense here. I would be surprised, but not completely shocked if they took Teddy Bridgewater as the future, but there is one pick in this exact situation the Giants make, especially with Donald now gone too.
Agreed, this pick is obvious IMO.

I'm at a lunch meeting - feel free to make my obvious pick fantasy curse.
With the 12th pick the NY Giants select Anthony Barr, UCLA

I think they might have gone Donald had the Cowboys not made that move, but with him gone Barr is def their guy. He fits the mold of the player they look for in terms of a freakish athlete. He can rush the passer or drop back in coverage. This guy will be a huge addition for the Giants defense.

I think they consider Ebron here, but at the end of the day, Barr is exactly the kind of player the Giants typically like.

Sorry bit I don't know how to enlarge the font using iPad.

***TRADE***

St. L Rams give pick 13

New York Jets give pick 18 and pick 80

Jets are on the clock.

With the 1.13, the New York Jets select Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M

EDIT TO ADD: Confirming trade above, Rams trade pick 13 to Jets for picks 18 and 80

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy Dufresne said:
False Start said:
I like it. They could have gone several ways but there's no doubt that corner is a top need.And I like Gilbert.
I love the pick for Det. Gilbert is a top 10 player in this draft IMO and he fills a major need. I'd take him over any of the WRs other than Watkins.

With 1.13, the New York Jets select Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M
:rant:
Was surprised to see him available at a juncture of the draft where I could actually afford the price to move up. Pretty easy decision for a team looking for more offensive weapons. Considered staying at 18 and see if a few other offensive weapons would fall, but who knows if other teams were looking to move up.

In the end, I had to take Evans (He's my 1B to Watkins 1A) and give Geno/Vick a legitimate deep threat and redzone target. Combined with addition of Decker, our WR core has drastically improved and combined with Ivory/CJ at RB, we actually have some offense.

I like Evans there... I think it wouldn't have been bad for them to just reset last year and take Bridgewater. Personally I think he will be a franchise QB and they still need one.

Really slammed at work now, will do a write up in a bit, but the Bears take CJ Mosley.

Probably won't be a popular pick, but Chicago had holes up and down that defense so I went BPA (IMO anyway).

If the Vikes don't go QB, I hope they get either Mack or Mosley.

I considered having the 49ers move up for Evans.

With this going into the weekend (and after 5:00 on a Friday is the weekend to me), I don't know that I'll be around to make the pick for the Pats at 1.29.

With this going into the weekend (and after 5:00 on a Friday is the weekend to me), I don't know that I'll be around to make the pick for the Pats at 1.29.
With the holiday weekend, I think we should stop wherever we're at today and pick things up on Monday.

Trade fell through.

With the 15th Pick in the 1st Rd of the 2nd Shark Pool Mock Draft of 2014, the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan St.

Ultimately it was a tough decision and I tried to move down, which I think is what Pittsburgh will ultimately consider doing. I really hoped that Evans would slip to #15, and I briefly though about offering a pick to the Rams for him, but without a 3rd that was difficult to do. Also I tried to swing a trade to make a move back with ** MYSTERY TEAM **, but couldnt make it work. While there were WR's that piqued my interest, I decided to go in one of the weakest spots of the Steelers currently, CB. Dennard is a physical presence that should fit well with what the Steelers do defensively. Also, the depth of WR is quite talented in this draft and aim to add a WR later in this draft. While he lacks the long speed of an elite corner, he will not be relied to do such as he will play off of the WR and keep him boxed in. He will add much needed depth to CB and will be a starter down the line for us.

I also considered: WR Odell Beckham JR, CB Bradley Roby, CB Jason Verrett, DE Kony Ealy, TE Eric Ebron

Trade fell through.

With the 15th Pick in the 1st Rd of the 2nd Shark Pool Mock Draft of 2014, the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan St.

Ultimately it was a tough decision and I tried to move down, which I think is what Pittsburgh will ultimately consider doing. I really hoped that Evans would slip to #15, and I briefly though about offering a pick to the Rams for him, but without a 3rd that was difficult to do. Also I tried to swing a trade to make a move back with ** MYSTERY TEAM **, but couldnt make it work. While there were WR's that piqued my interest, I decided to go in one of the weakest spots of the Steelers currently, CB. Dennard is a physical presence that should fit well with what the Steelers do defensively. Also, the depth of WR is quite talented in this draft and aim to add a WR later in this draft. While he lacks the long speed of an elite corner, he will not be relied to do such as he will play off of the WR and keep him boxed in. He will add much needed depth to CB and will be a starter down the line for us.

I also considered: WR Odell Beckham JR, CB Bradley Roby, CB Jason Verrett, DE Kony Ealy, TE Eric Ebron
Was hoping Andy made a trade for this pick...

Awesome...

18 user(s) are reading this topic

16 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users

jurb26, Blackjacks, krsone21, Andy Dufresne, Atomic Punk, The Hank, Nucker101, Borden, Noah Davis, Donnybrook, Late225, 8ebok24, jumper, Deranged Hermit, Spike, Pipes

I have Balt and a trade out there. Will put in pick if I don't hear back by 130 central time (give a little more time for other to respond due to lunch time). If trade isn't excepted I have my pick lock and loaded for Balt

Users who are viewing this thread