What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shooting at Texas school - Kids among victims (1 Viewer)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/uvalde-officials-presented-texas-dps-with-a-document-labeled-narrative-days-after-the-school-shooting-it-said-because-police-had-zero-hesitation-and-moved-directly-toward-the-gunfire-they-saved-over-500-lives/ar-AAZEfqX

Uvalde officials presented the Texas Department of Public Safety with a document labeled "narrative" during a closed-door meeting days after the May 24 shooting.

"There was zero hesitation on any of these officers' part, they moved directly toward the gunfire," the document said, according to the Times.

"The total number of persons saved by the heroes that are local law enforcement and the other assisting agencies is over 500 per U.C.I.S.D.," the document said, according to the Times. "But for U.P.D. and U.C.I.S.D. being on scene IMMEDIATELY, that shooter would have had free range on the school."

Surprised they didn't add "saved Ukraine", "stepped foot on Mars", or "ended climate change".

I think they should have claimed that the Uvalde police landed on the sun and the first time the police chief played golf he got 18 hole in ones.

I hope and pray a little good can come out of this. The next time something like this happens anywhere the cops aren't going to hesitate and will go in guns blazing. 

Or be labeled super cowards.
I hope you're right but fear that police are human and emergency systems and plans can break down when put under immense stress. 

Ironically enough the local SWAT team announced they are doing active shooter drills at the high school this week. I thought about these cowards in Uvalde and I hope my home town crew proves a better example of what to do in that situation. Knowing some folks that work in the department I'd like to think so but then I'm sure the Uvalde residents would have said the same about their police force before the event.

Users who are viewing this thread