What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Since When Did We Get All Scoldy About How To Spend Our Dollars By Being Told To "Get With It" Or Something Like That (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Seen too much of this in the Peacock thread. You wanna spend it, spend it. You want to boycott, don't let a bunch of scolds tell you that this stratified streaming is the future, get used to it, take it lying down, etc.

That's a weird mentality. Boycott if you like, IMO. I didn't, but I'm not scolding you like you should have spent your money.

What a ****ty game. Zero degree weather and one team shows up for it.

That's my two cents, and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:
Go to a bar to watch it /thread.

My buddy did that. Instead of paying Peacock 6 bucks he went with his wife to a sports bar and spent 60 dollars to watch the game.

Better to give it to a local joint though.
Isn't there something to be said for the entertainment value of $60 at a bar?

Of course, if the Lions were playing yes. Last night it was 10 degrees, but I already have Peacock so made it easy to stay home.

My buddy did that. Instead of paying Peacock 6 bucks he went with his wife to a sports bar and spent 60 dollars to watch the game.

Better to give it to a local joint though.
Isn't there something to be said for the entertainment value of $60 at a bar?
Hell yeah.

Meet up with friends and my son about once a month during the season for Thursday or Monday night football at a sports bar. Good times and enjoy the different food and having someone bring you beer 🙂

Believe me, I've been tempted. But my wife won't go for it.
True story. My buddy's dad died in high school, and his mom kinda left he and his two brothers alone in the house. They had food, but it was three high boys alone by themselves.

They did put up a Christmas tree, but didn't take it down. Every time you walked by the thing, you would knock off some brown needles.

In April, we hung Easter eggs on it. :lmao:

True story. My buddy's dad died in high school, and his mom kinda left he and his two brothers alone in the house. They had food, but it was three high boys alone by themselves.

They did put up a Christmas tree, but didn't take it down. Every time you walked by the thing, you would knock off some brown needles.

I presume you meant "high school boys" but this is funnier.

I put away the Christmas decorations instead of watching the game. From a utilitarian perspective I definitely made the right choice. :shrug:
Wife wouldn't ket me keep up the tree very long after New Years, it still had that wonderful scent filling up the room but some folks cannot stand to see that stuff after Christmas and even hate when folks are putting them up on Thanksgiving. My wife likes a 1 week ramp up to the 25th and then lots of partying and fun almost every day up thru NYE/NYD and then it's ovah!

that's a sad poem

And get a DUI?
Best $6 a drinker can spend is a streaming service at home so they aren't forced into decision making

-There is a few ways to look at it. Don't think this is going away, NFL seems to be expanding it
Uber?
Drinks and food at a normal sports theme bar w/tip $50? Am I totally overshooting this, some might think that's light for sitting and taking up a bar stool for 3-4-5 hours watching football
Uber would be at least another $10-$15, more where I am because it takes 5-10 minutes to get out of my development, another few minutes before i would be at an acceptable sports pub

You save a lot of money staying at home IMHO and you also avoid confrontations with other drunk idiots
I'm really having a hard time understanding the joy of a sports bar, I don't frequent them at all any more.

And get a DUI?
Best $6 a drinker can spend is a streaming service at home so they aren't forced into decision making

-There is a few ways to look at it. Don't think this is going away, NFL seems to be expanding it
Uber?
Drinks and food at a normal sports theme bar w/tip $50? Am I totally overshooting this, some might think that's light for sitting and taking up a bar stool for 3-4-5 hours watching football
Uber would be at least another $10-$15, more where I am because it takes 5-10 minutes to get out of my development, another few minutes before i would be at an acceptable sports pub

You save a lot of money staying at home IMHO and you also avoid confrontations with other drunk idiots
I'm really having a hard time understanding the joy of a sports bar, I don't frequent them at all any more.
I don't worry about that amount of money if I'm out having a good time and certainly an Uber is a small price to pay if you've had too much to drink to drive. Best scenario is to make sure you go with someone who isn't drinking. Of course you know all of this already. Personally, if it were my team in the playoffs I would fork over the $6 or whatever it is. I can't believe this is even a subject for discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread