What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Singapore Travel (1 Viewer)

Orange&Blue

Footballguy
Going there for a week in a month for work. Will have one, maybe 2, culture / rest day and then evenings after work is finished.

Recommendations on things to do, places to eat, etc?

Chicken rice from whichever hawker stand has the longest line.

Chili crab from a seafood house on the East Coast

I've haven't been there since before COVID so I don't know if the wet markets were closed down but I found the hustle, bustle and variety fascinating.

Everyone I know who travels there says to just eat cheap street food. You can find super expensive restaurants, but the street food is supposed to be great.

Chicken rice from whichever hawker stand has the longest line.

Agree with all of this. Go to Maxwell Food Centre and get chicken rice wherever the line is longest. I don't understand how such a seemingly simple dish can be so heavenly.

I used to have to go to Singapore twice a year for work, so in the various trips I tried what seemed like all of the chili crab places. While it's impossible to go wrong, my favorite was No Signboard (yes, that's the name).

My other must-do meal every time in Singapore was Samy's Curry. I first learned of it from an Anthony Bourdain show. If you're adventurous (and I was), get the fish-head soup in addition to whatever other dishes look good. Unless it's changed in the last 15 years, you could go through a cafeteria-style line to check out how everything looked. I've also had super-fancy Indian food there, but Samy's is the best.

A Singapore Sling at the Raffles hotel should be required. It's not the best Singapore Sling nor even close to it, but it's all for the experience and history. Also have a drink at the Marina Bay Sands hotel bar on its roof. The drinks there are actually good and the views spectacular.

The Marina Sands is by the Gardens by the Bay, which might sound like nothing big but they are absolutely amazing. You could walk around for hours with your jaw dropped.

Another vote for this. One of the best meals I have ever had. It has been probably 15 years since my trip and I have only been there once but that stood out. I have no idea where we were or what place we were at but chase it with a Tiger beer. Just amazing.

I enjoyed walking around the Little India district. A lot of the modern development around downtown and Orchard Road is sterile and very commercial but Little India retains its funkiness (or at least did the last time I was there).

Users who are viewing this thread