What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sky Diving (1 Viewer)

Annyong

Footballguy
Anyone of you guys do this?

Basically, I'm thinking about taking my girl sky diving and I know she will be against it since we have children.

That's why I'm asking. How dangerous is it?
Statistically is very safe but accidents do happen.

Assuming your children love you and you havent built up a large inheritance for them, how do you think they would feel if you died falling out of a plane on purpose?

You're going to take her on a date where some other dude will be strapped to her back and groping her hooters?

I tried it many years ago, before my children. It's an incredible high to jump out of a perfectly functioning airplane with a piece of cloth on your back. The adrenaline kick is unreal and it's only felt when you have your feet safely on the ground but it stay for a long time (hours).

I stopped when I was transfered abroad the first time and by the time I came back one of my instructors (and two of his mates) had died from the sport.

I haven't tried it since.

If I were to do it again it would be after my kids were able to look after themselves and were well on their way to doing so.

ETA: I jumped static line

Last edited by a moderator:
How dangerous could jumping out of a perfectly good plane at 13,000 feet be ?

Ive done it...tandem jump...i was over the clouds ...couldnt see the earth at all ...jumped and tumbled for about 30 seconds until we stabilized ...then we hit the clouds ...all i could see was white ...then we broke thru the clouds and all i could see was earth...i had a hard time catching my breath for some reason...falling at 130 mph makes it difficult to breath normal i guess...kept turning my head so i could gasp a breath...fell like this for what seemed a while ...the wind was deafening...then the guy popped the chute and it got so quiet and peacful...we just floated and shot the #### ...it was beautiful just hanging over the earth like that ...i could see everything ...even the Boston skyline ( i was many miles away in Pepperell Ma...when we landed it was a joke ...just slid in on our asses...i havent been back but i plan to go again...it was a rush when you first jump...crazy actually...thats the best part

How dangerous could jumping out of a perfectly good plane at 13,000 feet be ? Ive done it...tandem jump...i was over the clouds ...couldnt see the earth at all ...jumped and tumbled for about 30 seconds until we stabilized ...then we hit the clouds ...all i could see was white ...then we broke thru thenclouds and all i could see was earth...i had a hard time catching my breath for some reason...falling at 130 mph makes it difficult to breath normal i guess...kept turning my head so i could gasp a breath...fell like this for what seemed a while ...the wind was deafening...then the guy popped the chute and it got so quiet and peacful...we just floated and shot the #### ...it was beautiful just hanging over the earth like that ...i could see everything ...even the Boston skyline ( i was many miles away in Pepperell Ma...when we landed it was a joke ...just slid in on our asses...i havent been back but i plan to go again...it was a rush when you first jump...crazy actually...thats the best part
No ragrets?

Annyong.

Whatever you do dont let you or her fall for the "you can pull the ripchord" trick.

Oldest one in the sky diving instructors book

How dangerous could jumping out of a perfectly good plane at 13,000 feet be ? Ive done it...tandem jump...i was over the clouds ...couldnt see the earth at all ...jumped and tumbled for about 30 seconds until we stabilized ...then we hit the clouds ...all i could see was white ...then we broke thru thenclouds and all i could see was earth...i had a hard time catching my breath for some reason...falling at 130 mph makes it difficult to breath normal i guess...kept turning my head so i could gasp a breath...fell like this for what seemed a while ...the wind was deafening...then the guy popped the chute and it got so quiet and peacful...we just floated and shot the #### ...it was beautiful just hanging over the earth like that ...i could see everything ...even the Boston skyline ( i was many miles away in Pepperell Ma...when we landed it was a joke ...just slid in on our asses...i havent been back but i plan to go again...it was a rush when you first jump...crazy actually...thats the best part
No ragrets?
not even 1 letter

You actually have to jump a second time, it was way better than my first jump. You know what to expect and can take more in without having the shock factor involved.

I'd do it,but I'm nervous that all that wind would "show everything" below the belt if you catch my drift

My wife (then gf) took me for my 30th birthday. The act of jumping was the most terrifying, yet liberating moment of my life. I wouldn't do it again but I certainly recommend it.

I knew the instructor so I got video of it too. My face when we jumped...... :lmao:

Anyone of you guys do this?

Basically, I'm thinking about taking my girl sky diving and I know she will be against it since we have children.
Went sky diving once, before getting married or having a kid. Glad I did it once, haven't felt the need to try it again.

I did a static line jump, where the rip cord was attached to the airplane. So I wasn't strapped to an experienced skydiver, but the jump was from a lower altitude than tandem jumps. I let go of the wing, the plane pulled the rip cord as I fell towards the earth, had a few seconds of free fall while the chute opened, had a radio strapped to me where a guide on the ground talked me through what to do with the chute in the air and during the landing.

Amazing experience. Didn't quite stick the landing, but was unharmed.

Do it, Sally. Just keep in mind: If your chute does not open, steer yourself to the nearest person and latch onto them. The parachute will support both of you safely to the ground. Point Break taught me that.

I have 25 static line jumps from my time in the Army.

Its pretty safe. Much safer than say, driving a motorcycle.

Assuming you would jump at Chicago SkyDive center in Ottawa? Isn't that the place that has a pretty bad record of keeping it's jumpers alive?

Users who are viewing this thread