What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Slayings not forgotten, Ray Lewis not forgiven (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_REVIVAL

Footballguy
Should this hypocrite piece of crap be lecturing people about integrity? Why is he even allowed on tv?

Deep down, she knows he's gone. She knows it every time she turns on the television and sees Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis — a reminder that her son, Richard, has been dead for 13 years, stabbed to death outside a nightclub in Atlanta, along with his friend from Akron, Jacinth Baker.

RETIREMENT: Commissioner has a job for Lewis

Their murders remain unsolved. But as the anniversary of their deaths approaches — and as Lewis dances into the sunset of his NFL career — the victims' relatives are still seething at him. While Priscilla Lollar says she's "numb" to Lewis, others want answers. And justice.

"My nephew was brutally beaten and murdered and nobody is paying for it," Baker's uncle, Greg Wilson, told USA TODAY Sports. "Everything is so fresh in our mind, it's just like it happened yesterday. We'll never forget this."

Only Lewis pleaded guilty in relation to the case: for obstruction of justice, a misdemeanor. He originally was charged with two counts of murder but struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for his testimony against two of his companions that night, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting.

Lewis never directly linked his two friends to the killings, and they were acquitted. Lewis had testified that Oakley, Sweeting and another man had gone to a sporting goods store the previous day to buy knives. Baker's blood later was found in Lewis' limo. Having fled the crime scene, Lewis told the limo's passengers to "keep their mouths shut." The white suit Lewis was wearing that night — on Super Bowl Sunday — never was found.

"I'm not trying to end my career like this," Lewis said in his hotel that night, according to the testimony of a female passenger in the limo.

He didn't. For his punishment, Lewis received one year of probation and a $250,000 fine by the NFL.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/10/ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-atlanta-murder-2000/1566198/

Bill Belichick is a cheater.

Tom Brady is a cheater.

The Patriots employ people who are known cheaters and known killers.

Aren't you one of those patriot backers that's saying if there is a sliver of evidence that could possibly make someone innocent, then they are innocent even though common sense tells you otherwise?

Tom Brady is a cheater.

The patriots cut Hernandez immediately, Baltimore built Lewis a statue........

Ray lewis is a murderer

Ray Rice beats women

Terrel Suggs beats women

Just sayin

http://www.m#######sports.com/2015/01/ray-lewis-deflategate-integrity.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dMBdqPC14PY/VMaxOKlFFnI/AAAAAAAAtEs/BMLS0vFXmSc/s1600/ray%2Blewis%2Bcourt%2Broom.jpg

ray%2Blewis%2Bcourt%2Broom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that Lewis is a piece of garbage. But digging up an article 2 years old. Seems pretty desperate for a salty hater.

Should this hypocrite piece of crap be lecturing people about integrity? Why is he even allowed on tv?
no schtick, I actually wonder this every time I see him on tv

wtf happened to this country?

maybe when hernandez gets out of jail he can get a show on espn with skip bayless

Tom Brady is a cheater.

The patriots cut Hernandez immediately
Doesn't change what I wrote.
Doesn't change your opinion, I understand.
It is a fact that the Patriots employed people who were known to have cheated or known to have killed. That's a fact. No matter how many times you spell out the words "R-A-Y-L-E-W-I-S", New England will still be a team that employs bad, bad people.

Tom Brady is a cheater.

It is a fact that the Patriots employed people who were known to have cheated or known to have killed. That's a fact. No matter how many times you spell out the words "R-A-Y-L-E-W-I-S", New England will still be a team that employs bad, bad people.
who?

they seem pretty cool to me

I agree that Lewis is a piece of garbage. But digging up an article 2 years old. Seems pretty desperate for a salty hater.
Not really a hater, just the hypocrisy is so striking; two people are still dead and always will be and this piece of garbage got away with it.

Yes, the article is 2 years old (maybe he has killed someone more recently?), but giving this pos a platform and paying him to pontificate about integrity is bizzaro world.

yeah, this one's actually a legit thread

people were ready to riot over ray rice playing football, and I flip on the tv and here's this dude chit chatting and joking with everybody

As stupid as it was, Ray rice paid for what he did and then some. He squared things up with his wife, which is the important thing. And even though he paid the price his name will be forever tarnished. You make a mistake it follows you.

New England, if they get caught, will be tarnished. The difference is ray rice's character was challenged and tarnished. Patriots are having their methods of winning challenged. So their wins will be tarnished if found guilty but it's not like they will be forbidden from the league.

As stupid as it was, Ray rice paid for what he did and then some. He squared things up with his wife, which is the important thing. And even though he paid the price his name will be forever tarnished. You make a mistake it follows you.

New England, if they get caught, will be tarnished. The difference is ray rice's character was challenged and tarnished. Patriots are having their methods of winning challenged. So their wins will be tarnished if found guilty but it's not like they will be forbidden from the league.
dude, this is a ray lewis thread

go start your own general ray thread

You two have your team playing on the biggest stage on Sunday and this is how youre spending your time.........pathetic.

Ray Lewis, MNF postgame: "What the Patriots what-int able to do was not stop Kansas City in no form."

That is verbatim, right from the DVR.
I would ask if ESPN actually requires their "talent" to be worthy of speaking into a microphone, but Neil Everett, Screamin A. Smith, Skipper Bayless, Fat Berman, Colin Cowturd, Lou Holthhhh, and countless others have already provided that answer.

12 punch. It was your post I was responding to. You commented on Ray rice and people rioting and now this dude is on tv. So I assumed you meant ray rice. Weird I guess

Ray Lewis, MNF postgame: "What the Patriots what-int able to do was not stop Kansas City in no form."

That is verbatim, right from the DVR.
I would ask if ESPN actually requires their "talent" to be worthy of speaking into a microphone, but Neil Everett, Screamin A. Smith, Skipper Bayless, Fat Berman, Colin Cowturd, Lou Holthhhh, and countless others have already provided that answer.
I heard they're doing a new firing line segment with him and tomlinson -- or maybe snl should do that

dude, this is a ray lewis thread
No it isn't. It's a Patriots thread. It's just the latest in an endless stream of desperate attempts by Pats homers to lob bombs at other teams while their own franchise receives ridicule.You know how one can tell the difference? It was written by a whiny Pats apologist, and it's two-thousand-freaking-fifteen.

This is no more a Ray Lewis thread than recent Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon, Terry Bradshaw, and Aaron Rodgers threads were about those guys. It's all fair play to whine when people are tossing rocks at you. But no fair whining while you toss them back. :rolleyes:

Although it may be a new low to actually drag up and disrespect the memories of the dead as a means to this end.

It's 2015, 2 people are still dead.

As if that weren't bad enough, heres a little something for those whining for something more recent (2013).

"Ray Lewis may have used banned substance to recover from torn triceps"

According to Sports Illustrated, Lewis contacted a company owned by a former male stripper to obtain a deer-antler velvet extract after tearing his triceps in October.

Mitch Ross of S.W.A.T.S reportedly videotaped the phone call from Lewis.

“Spray on my elbow every two hours?” Lewis asked Ross regarding the extract.

“No,” Ross said. “Under your tongue.”

Later, Lewis asked Ross to “just pile me up and just send me everything you got, because I got to get back on this this week.”

The problem for Lewis is that the extract contains IGF-1, which is on the NFL’s list of banned substances. For the NFL, the problem is that Lewis will retire after Sunday. So there’s really nothing that can be done — unless Lewis admits to it on Tuesday and the league puts the investigative process into the highest gear possible.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/ray-lewis-may-have-used-banned-substance-to-recover-from-torn-triceps/

So this clown was cheating when he beat the patriots and won the SB..............What a hypocrite

Well, I can't Say Dwer Antler Spray Should Kee Him Off Tv,-- Maybe If He Had Killed Somebody With it

This thread reminds me of when I was 10 years old at the zoo and watched some monkeys throw their own poo around.

Ray lewis is trash I dont know how he is kn tv. Anyone else notice that 12punch and koolaid man have drink names and the exact types of snarky comments. Are they the same person looks like it.

I like to remember things how I like to remember things.

Danny Ainge bit Tree Rollins.

George Steinbrenner was found drinking the blood from "missing' children.

The Patriots are Cheaters.

Ray Lewis was sentenced to death for his part in the murder of two youth's on their missionary service with the LDS.

I have had sex with every Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model and with Catherine Zeta Jones and Mila Kunis while Monica Bellucci waited her turn.

None of your "science" or "logic" will ever convince me otherwise.

The guys who got killed picked the wrong group to get into a fight with.

I don't believe Lewis actually stabbed anyone (the limo driver said he’d heard Oakley boast, “I stabbed mine,” and Sweeting reply, “I stabbed mine, too.”) but he did cover up for his friends who did.

I don't believe Lewis actually stabbed anyone (the limo driver said he’d heard Oakley boast, “I stabbed mine,” and Sweeting reply, “I stabbed mine, too.”) but he did cover up for his friends who did.
You may well be right, but he is still at least an accomplice in a double murder and not someone who should be pontificating about integrity; he has none.

If he wants to throw stones and call people out he and his fans can't whine about people questioning his poor character; its fair game the instant he opens his piehole and starts questioning the character of others.

I think Lewis' involvement in the stabbing deaths is quite apparent and I too am disgusted every time I see him on TV receiving dap from players and cutting up and sht. The worst was when he would thank god repeatedly in postgame interviews. One of the few players that genuinely deserves CTE.

You may well be right, but he is still at least an accomplice in a double murder and not someone who should be pontificating about integrity; he has none.

If he wants to throw stones and call people out he and his fans can't whine about people questioning his poor character; its fair game the instant he opens his piehole and starts questioning the character of others.
LOL...........he was acquitted.

Sorry your team is the dirtiest and most corrupt in the league. If he questioned your teams integrity, he had all the right in the world to do so.

Tom Brady is a cheater.

Fact?

Yeah, NE extended Hernandez to that contract knowing full well he was a murderer (allegedly). Try again.

Every NFL has some clown on their roster. The difference is how the team handles the situation when facts come out. Baltimore was letting it play out, forced his wife to admit responsibility, etc. NE cut Hernandez immediately despite the cap implications.

Covering up for killer friends = integrity

...in Ray Lewis's warped mind.

Sorry your team is the dirtiest and most corrupt in the league. If he questioned your teams integrity, he had all the right in the world to do so.
Acquitted in a court of law != acquittal in the court of public opinion.

He wasn't acquitted, he pleaded down to obstruction in exchange for testimony. And then told the families on live TV that if he were really involved in the murders, God wouldn't have made him so awesome.

Lewis is a bad guy, but that does nothing whatsoever to change public perception of the Patriots.

He wasn't acquitted, he pleaded down to obstruction in exchange for testimony. And then told the families on live TV that if he were really involved in the murders, God wouldn't have made him so awesome.

Lewis is a bad guy, but that does nothing whatsoever to change public perception of the Patriots.
My bad.

So, he wasn't convicted of murder. Pretty much he was acquitted. No jail time other than his initial arrest I take it. I never said he was a good guy. This thread makes zero sense. The fact it was started by who it was calling him a murder is laughable considering the Hernandez situation. I figured it would have been locked already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread