What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sleepers for 2021 (1 Viewer)

Tick said:
I don’t know if it’s behind a paywall, but The Monster at IDPGuys is great.
Really nice content.  Very thorough.  I don't agree with all the comments but they have merit.  Very nice resource 

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I have on my rosters for the future:

DE:

• Darrell Taylor SEA
  • Julian Okwara DET
LB:

• Davion Taylor PHI
  • Jacob Phillips CLE
  • Reuben Foster WAS
  • Justin Strnad DEN
S:

• Daniel Thomas JAC
  • Brandon Jones MIA
I didn't list guys who were constantly mentioned on weekly waiver wire articles this season, like Donovan Wilson, Ashtyn Davis, etc.
Man, except for Phillips on IR, these guys aren't on my rosters anymore.

Man, except for Phillips on IR, these guys aren't on my rosters anymore.
I still have both safeties on a rebuilding team, though I am leaning towards dropping Thomas based on his week 1 (non)usage. Still think they may both be in the future plans of their respective teams. Jones did get 2 tackles in admittedly limited snaps, are you thinking that can only go down?

I still have both safeties on a rebuilding team, though I am leaning towards dropping Thomas based on his week 1 (non)usage. Still think they may both be in the future plans of their respective teams. Jones did get 2 tackles in admittedly limited snaps, are you thinking that can only go down?
I don’t know - waiver wires are just too good in IDP to keep a safety who isn’t playing at least 80% of snaps.

Will he be full time starter in short order?  Have John Johnson on both my dynasty teams and want to replace him with either Taylor Rapp or Delpit.  Just want to make sure Delpit will be an every down player..
Monitor practice report activity. The Browns already intended to be DB heavy, but given the state of the LB corps the level of urgency is up. If Delpit's fit enough then there's a place for all of him, Johnson, and Harrison on the field for near full time snaps.

Monitor practice report activity. The Browns already intended to be DB heavy, but given the state of the LB corps the level of urgency is up. If Delpit's fit enough then there's a place for all of him, Johnson, and Harrison on the field for near full time snaps.
Yep.  Browns 'base' D that Woods said he wanted to run last year when he was first hired was a 4-2-5.  They drafted Delpit last year and he was tearing it up last year in camp prior to his injury.  No camp buzz this year because he wasn't cleared to play.  

He 'could' blow up especially if he continues to make plays like he did in his debut.  The Browns pass rush hasn't gelled yet.  He is a guy to get excited about IMHO.

Will he be full time starter in short order?  Have John Johnson on both my dynasty teams and want to replace him with either Taylor Rapp or Delpit.  Just want to make sure Delpit will be an every down player..
Um, I'm gonna pump the brakes a lil after looking at the snap counts.

First, he isn't going to replace John Johnson III who logged all 61 defensive snaps.  If he replaces anyone it would be Ronnie Harrison who logged 53 defensive snaps.  Delpit only logged 26 defensive snaps but was highly productive.  In week-1 when Ronnie Harrison got kicked out of the game for pushing a KC coach who actually pushed Harrison first the Browns moved CB MJ Stewart into Harrison's role.  Delpit wasn't active for that game.  

So who lost snaps that went to Delpit in week-2?  He got 8 from Harrison but got all of the 5 snaps that went to rookie S Richard LeCounte from week-1 with the remainder coming from the LBers.  His upside will be in direct relation to how many he steals from Harrison and how often DC Woods inserts him into a S/LB hybrid role ALA Budda Baker.  Delpit slipped-up on a coverage for a big late play so that is another aspect to follow, if he turns into a liability in coverage.  He excels coming forward, really looks good. 

I still like the upside but he has to earn more snaps or the upside will be limited.

Um, I'm gonna pump the brakes a lil after looking at the snap counts.

First, he isn't going to replace John Johnson III who logged all 61 defensive snaps.  If he replaces anyone it would be Ronnie Harrison who logged 53 defensive snaps.  Delpit only logged 26 defensive snaps but was highly productive.  In week-1 when Ronnie Harrison got kicked out of the game for pushing a KC coach who actually pushed Harrison first the Browns moved CB MJ Stewart into Harrison's role.  Delpit wasn't active for that game.  

So who lost snaps that went to Delpit in week-2?  He got 8 from Harrison but got all of the 5 snaps that went to rookie S Richard LeCounte from week-1 with the remainder coming from the LBers.  His upside will be in direct relation to how many he steals from Harrison and how often DC Woods inserts him into a S/LB hybrid role ALA Budda Baker.  Delpit slipped-up on a coverage for a big late play so that is another aspect to follow, if he turns into a liability in coverage.  He excels coming forward, really looks good. 

I still like the upside but he has to earn more snaps or the upside will be limited.
Ended up getting him in 2 leagues, but kept John Johnson in both as well.  Figured I’d see how this plays out, and Delpit is more of a ‘stash’, as he’s my 5th DB. I really liked a couple of plays he made, and he actually did remind me of Budda Baker.  Anyway, thanks for the insight. 

Bracie Smathers said:
Just picked up Azeez Ojulari

Rookie with two sacks in his first two games and if you look at the video he 'just' missed another in his first game.
I picked him up after the Greenlaw injury.   He missed a few tackles in game 2, but should at least get opportunities while DG is out.  

I picked him up after the Greenlaw injury.   He missed a few tackles in game 2, but should at least get opportunities while DG is out.  

Azeez Ojulari is a rookie OLB for NYG.

Azeez Al-Shaair is the SF LB that is replacing Greenlaw.

I wonder if a Ashtyn Davis is now a sleeper again. With Joyner out, he might be worth a stash.

Azeez Ojulari is a rookie OLB for NYG.

Azeez Al-Shaair is the SF LB that is replacing Greenlaw.
Lol  , lazy reading on my part … saw The name Azeez and skimmed thru … actually am aware of the difference in the two …I swear 😂😜

Ended up getting him in 2 leagues, but kept John Johnson in both as well.  Figured I’d see how this plays out, and Delpit is more of a ‘stash’, as he’s my 5th DB. I really liked a couple of plays he made, and he actually did remind me of Budda Baker.  Anyway, thanks for the insight. 
Don't read too much into the paltry box score against CHI QB Justin Fields who only completed 6 passes all day and the way the D-Line dominated they had no reason to blitz.  

I mean the Bears only had one net yard passing all game so...  Tough to judge Delpit by this game.

Bracie Smathers said:
Don't read too much into the paltry box score against CHI QB Justin Fields who only completed 6 passes all day and the way the D-Line dominated they had no reason to blitz.  

I mean the Bears only had one net yard passing all game so...  Tough to judge Delpit by this game.
Thanks Bracie.  I have 2 main $ dynasty IDP leagues and have Delpit and Owusa-Koamoha in both.  Neither are needed this year, but I hope they both are assets going forward.  Appreciate your insights!  Hope 1, or both are startable by seasoned end. 

Rookie with two sacks in his first two games and if you look at the video he 'just' missed another in his first game.
Rookie with THREE SACKS in his first three games. :thumbup:

Thanks Bracie.  I have 2 main $ dynasty IDP leagues and have Delpit and Owusa-Koamoha in both.  Neither are needed this year, but I hope they both are assets going forward.  Appreciate your insights!  Hope 1, or both are startable by seasoned end. 
JOK is thee guy IMHO.  

Haven't seen the snap counts yet but it was obvious that JOK was stealing snaps from Delpit as he was used a lot like Delpit and was AWESOME.  Haven't seen the PFF grades but I would imagine he graded out very-well.  

I'll dig to see if I can find any more on Delpit because he really flashed last week but yesterday's game was such an anomaly that I don't even know how to read into anything other than really bad Chicago coaching.

He is good and is a must in big play scoring leagues.  I have him but unfortunately I haven't had him in my lineup yet.  I know as soon as I put him in it will be his first game with no sack...hahahaha (I am starting Isaiah Simmons, Campbell, and Von Miller over him).  

JOK is thee guy IMHO.  

... Haven't seen the PFF grades but I would imagine he graded out very-well.  
A-yep.  

Top grade of ALL Browns defenders by PFF.  Higher than record setting DE Myles Garrett.

Top grades defense

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah – 93.9 – Limited to only 23 defensive snaps, JOK was amazing in coverage (92.5) leading the team. The rookie should get more and more snaps as the year goes on.

JOK is thee guy IMHO.  

Haven't seen the snap counts yet but it was obvious that JOK was stealing snaps from Delpit as he was used a lot like Delpit and was AWESOME.  Haven't seen the PFF grades but I would imagine he graded out very-well.  

I'll dig to see if I can find any more on Delpit because he really flashed last week but yesterday's game was such an anomaly that I don't even know how to read into anything other than really bad Chicago coaching.
I see JOK played 91% snaps this past weekend.  How did he look?  Do you see this becoming the norm going forward, or was someone out?  Need to figure out whether to promote him off my taxi squad in one league.  Thanks as always!

I see JOK played 91% snaps this past weekend.  How did he look?  Do you see this becoming the norm going forward, or was someone out?  Need to figure out whether to promote him off my taxi squad in one league.  Thanks as always!
He's sooooooo damn good words can't describe so check out this clip.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/1447712076693053445

He had an odd injury in the game and was held overnight in a LA hospital.

The weirdest thing about his 'odd-injury' is that Bengals QB Joe Burrow had the same 'odd-injury' of a throat bruise on the same day and he was also held overnight.  Both are reportedly fine but very-strange injury I had never even heard of until Sunday.

He's baaaaaaaack.

JOK ready to provide jolt to improving defense

BEREA — Defensive coordinator Joe Woods didn’t try to hide the smile.

He said rookie linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah looked “good” and “full speed” in his return to practice, is “very optimistic” he’ll play Sunday against the Patriots after missing three games on injured reserve with a high ankle sprain and expects him to provide a boost to a defense already rounding into form.

“Speed, coverage ability, tackling, blitzing, everything,” Woods said Thursday when asked what Owusu-Koramoah will bring. “He’s a very talented player. He just adds another dimension to our defense for sure.” ...

acquired JOK in my main IDP league for Curtis Samuel , Gage. Got back a bunch of late picks as well. I just love this dude and think he was a steal at this price. he's definitely an 'overpay today is an underpay tomorrow' type of guy. Sky is the limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brent Sobleski@brentsobleski

Ojulari was only 20 years old when the Giants drafted him, and he weighed 249 at last year's NFL combine. Of course he's going to add weight/muscle as he physically matures.

KSIXI@KSIXI

Next to 6-foot-5, 315 lbs offensive tackle Andrew Thomas, we see Azeez Ojulari @_Azeez_8 who spent some time in the hyperbolic time chamber getting jacked as hell sheesh

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the picture, he looks jacked.

LINK to picture

Users who are viewing this thread