What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Sneaky" Week 9 Flex Plays (1 Viewer)

Rubi

Footballguy
Doug Baldwin vs Tampa,if Harvin does play he's probably limited,if he doesn't play I think Baldwin makes a very nice flex play.

Cole Beasley against an awful Viking secondary,with Austin's issues I think Beasley is a great play.

Agree? Disagree? Who else ya got?

I agree with Baldwin. I don't think harvin is playing, and if he is it will be limited, and Tampa is most likely going to let revis play man to man coverage. That means Tate will be shutdown

Kendall Wright vs. St. Louis. I read that Kearse was going to start in place of Rice though.
Kearse will be starting in the place of Rice. That doesn't mean that he'll be getting the receptions, though. Baldwin out of the slot with Tate covered by Revis is likely to produce decent results. I don't think that Revis is going to be on Tate all game, though. Personally, I don't think that Tate will be given that level of respect by the Bucs.

Kendall Wright vs. St. Louis. I read that Kearse was going to start in place of Rice though.
Kearse will be starting in the place of Rice. That doesn't mean that he'll be getting the receptions, though. Baldwin out of the slot with Tate covered by Revis is likely to produce decent results. I don't think that Revis is going to be on Tate all game, though. Personally, I don't think that Tate will be given that level of respect by the Bucs.
Rice and Harvin out makes Tate the #1 receiver by default. You would think Revis would be on him most of the game,however,in watching The Bucs this year,Schiano is so in over his head they've played zone as much or more than they've played man to put Revis on the #1. The Bucs are a mess right now,Baldwin in the slot as basically the #2 wideout is a great play,especially in PPR leagues. Remember,I'm talking about "flex" plays here,somebody in that last spot who can get you double digit points.

Rice and Harvin out makes Tate the #1 receiver by default. You would think Revis would be on him most of the game,however,in watching The Bucs this year,Schiano is so in over his head they've played zone as much or more than they've played man to put Revis on the #1. The Bucs are a mess right now,Baldwin in the slot as basically the #2 wideout is a great play,especially in PPR leagues. Remember,I'm talking about "flex" plays here,somebody in that last spot who can get you double digit points.
I remember that. If you read what I wrote, I'm actually agreeing with you. I think that Baldwin is a decent flex this week.

I actually second the cooper idea, he could do good especially in a bind with a lot of number ones on bye this week. I personally hve welker and Calvin off so I have really no other choice lol

My opponent currently has his flex spot EMPTY, but Nate Washington is sitting on his bench, waiting to be inserted at the last possible moment. Is that what you mean by SNEAKY?

I agree that Wright and Nate Washington are good flex plays this week.

For sneaky, roll with fat boy Tolbert. Williams is a little banged up and not playing that well. JStew is scheduled to come back but they will go easy on him.

I agree with Baldwin. I don't think harvin is playing, and if he is it will be limited, and Tampa is most likely going to let revis play man to man coverage. That means Tate will be shutdown
Where did you hear Revis will play man?

don't throw things at me, but josh mccown on monday night against the pack. 4 good receiving options and a couple weeks to work with them.

Where did you hear Revis will play man?
I saw it on Rotoworld and PFT that the Bucs were thinking about it. Makes sense. What a bad coaching staff there.
Read an article in the Orlando Sentinel on this,Schiano said they expect to play more man to man to take advantage of Revis's ability. Did they just figure that out? You're right about a bad coaching staff in Tampa.

Griff Whalen

Myles White

Total stab in the dark but both teams seem to rotate around a lot who has the big week...odds are these are so sneaky you won't even see them but oh well.

Why does anyone have to be SNEAKY?
It's just awesome when you sneak an unexpected producer into the lineup. Especially when you do so at the last minute and your opponent doesn't even realize it until after the damage is done. Of course, these tactics tend to blow up in one's face fairly easily too, but that's beside the point.

Users who are viewing this thread