What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (4 Viewers)

I suspected Sandler would do that Farley song.  Farley really is just like a folk tale.
I hadn't heard about the Farley song, so it caught me by surprise. I hafta admit that it choked me up a bit. I was never the biggest Farley fan in the world, but it's really touching to see how much his friends thought of him.

Almost 25 years since Sandler was on SNL, then he finally gets a hosting gig.

I wonder why this didn't happen a long time ago. 

(I thought Opera Man was great)

I did too, and it was never my favorite back in the day. 

It got dusty in my house when he did the Farley song.

The clothes/holes song was horrible.  And I like both of those guys.  But that just was never even close to funny.

Admittedly my wife and I enjoyed that too, and we had planned to just FF through it because we both used to hate it. We did FF through that horrible Holes skit though. What were they thinking with that?

The clothes/holes song was horrible.  And I like both of those guys.  But that just was never even close to funny.
I usually like the Kyle/Beck videos - yeah, they missed on this one.

not baller. 

I agree with all of this.  I don't have a great memory for these things, but I'm guessing they just overused Opera Man back in the day?

I also liked the Italy tours skit, probably because I know a couple of people who could use that kind of brutal honesty.

In Sandler's opening song he referenced being fired by Lorne Michaels. The story was Mike Myers, Sandler, Farley, Rock and Spade were trying to do the show and film movies simultaneously and it was causing problems both logistically and with their relationships with the rest of cast. So, Michaels laid down the edict of not allowing anyone to do outside work during the season. Sandler did not want to leave, he wanted to both, but he had to choose.

Michaels is serious business about this. He wouldn't let Will Ferrell or Kristen Wiig do both, and he fired Taran Killam for doing some off-off-off-Broadway play during the season. 

I haven't watched SNL in years but still follow this thread to see how the show is doing. Thanks for mentioning the Farley song...just watched it. That was beautiful.

link

Last edited by a moderator:
That Farley song is part of Adam Sandlers recent netflix special. I had very low expectations of Sandlers standup on Netflix but I ended up liking it a lot. Much funnier than I had anticipated.

The opening skit cut deep. That was quality satire. I feel like they will get knocked because it was too easy.

Heidi Gardner is consistently really funny on Weekend Update.  Her batting average is better than anyone in the last 10 years, save maybe Hader.  
She may have hit a generational tone, like Laraine Newman's Sherry and Hader's Stefon, with Bailey Gismert. Might be too rancid to have much of a shelf life, but she's nailing it. 

How the hell is this Khalid guy considered a musical guest, all he does is bring a bunch of other guys to rap while he cheerleads.in the background?

This is beyond terrible

How the hell is this Khalid guy considered a musical guest, all he does is bring a bunch of other guys to rap while he cheerleads.in the background?

This is beyond terrible
It was garbage. Yeah I get it he's one of THE producers in the biz right now, but him on stage yelling into his mike during the other performers' stuff was annoying as hell. Stick to producing, guy. You aren't a performer.

I don't know how this is still on the air, any time I see a clip it's horrible. Why do you people force yourself to watch is trash?

Season finale was a whole lot of meh. Really didn't need to see DeNiro and Baldwin AGAIN.

Only funny moment was Colin and Che swapping jokes.

Eddie’s first time back outside the 40th Anniv show brief appearance?
Yep. Eddie just never felt any kind of connection to, let alone loyalty to, Lorne Michaels. (He was hired after Lorne quit in 1980, and he left the show before Lorne returned in 1985.)

David Spade's infamous joke didn't help matters, but the truth is that Eddie put SNL in his rear view mirror -- permanently -- in 1984.

I wonder if we will get to see Mr. Robinson, Buckwheat or an updated version of White Like Me. I would be happy to see Clarence, the 5th Beatle. 
December 21st would make for the Christmas show, and a return of Mr. Robinson's Christmas.  
Would be nice to see cameos from some of his old castmates like Joe Piscopo, Tim Kazurinski, or Julia Louis-Dreyfuss (how ironic that she was practically an unknown back then but arguably is more famous than Eddie these days).

i hope Murphy finds a way to bust out. i could tell in his Comedians in Cars that he wants to feel some of the old magic, but is a li'l trapped in having been too much a god, too long. his comedy came from real deep so he didn't retain the tight observational nature that keeps most comics sane or jusplain drives em nutz. there may not have been anyone better than when he was on fire and i hope he gets to feel the flame again.

Leslie jones

she gone

too bad because she definitely had her best season in terms of sketch performing last year, although still not that versatile.

seth Meyers ep from this past season was on last week and I happened to be home.  That was a very good one.

Yep. Eddie just never felt any kind of connection to, let alone loyalty to, Lorne Michaels. (He was hired after Lorne quit in 1980, and he left the show before Lorne returned in 1985.)

David Spade's infamous joke didn't help matters, but the truth is that Eddie put SNL in his rear view mirror -- permanently -- in 1984.
Eddie Murphy is the man.  I'd give anything to have more Trading Places and Coming to Americas.  

David Spade got dunked on by the cash me ousside girl

Long Ball Larry said:
Leslie jones

she gone

too bad because she definitely had her best season in terms of sketch performing last year, although still not that versatile.

seth Meyers ep from this past season was on last week and I happened to be home.  That was a very good one.
Leslie used to stumble through every sketch like Horatio Sanz, but she got better.

At this point I'd rather keep her than Kate McKinnon, who (IMO) has become stagnant.

Long Ball Larry said:
Leslie jones

she gone

Kyle Mooney must be crushed

Users who are viewing this thread