What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So where does Kerry Collins: (1 Viewer)

If he is willing to take a pay cut--Denver.

Denver and the Raiders love to pick up each other's cast offs to get the inside on what the other is doing.

Denver is really thin at QB. VanPelt is athletic but far from NFL ready IMO.

Denver needs a veteran 2nd stringer and Collins options could be limted, so why not?

Best scenery for both Baltimore and Collins makes this the logical choice.

now for questions?

Who would start? Collins or Boller?

Will Collins make Boller a better QB in long run?

Will Mason, Heap, and Lewis be worth a upgrade with Collins at QB?

Will Baltimore start winning again?

This is one team has me confused these last two years! lol

Best scenery for both Baltimore and Collins makes this the logical choice.

now for questions?

Who would start? Collins or Boller?

Will Collins make Boller a better QB in long run?

Will Mason, Heap, and Lewis be worth a upgrade with Collins at QB?

Will Baltimore start winning again?

This is one team has me confused these last two years! lol
1) collins... i've always had a soft spot for him2) tough to say,they bring him in baltimore mgmnt is going to want to see some "push back" from boller,most likely he'll roll over

3) i'd have to give them all an upgrade.. dont forget about clayton

4) part of that relies on the defense,their division keeps getting better,initially i would go w/ 5-11 or 6-10

i really believe this a make or break year for both boller and billick,these ravens fans can sometimes rival their I-95 brethren in Philly in rabidness so it potentially get ugly

What are the chances he pulls a Testaverde and purposely sits back and waits for another starting QB to go down?

He would then be able to command a better salary and would be going into a situation to start and not a "maybe situation".

A gamble, but it might be the best choice in the long run..........

you'd think Baltimore is the most likely answer, but I'd also say GB is always a possibility, so is N.O. as a backup to Brees..perhaps SF, where he'd make an immediate impact and would certainly be much better than Alex Smith..eesh..

Smith is unbelievably bad!

Does Billick go with the 'sink or swim' mentality by keeping Boller as the starter, or does he wise up and get himself a decent QB like Collins?!

remember, Billick KNOWS QB's..

Ask him, he'll tell ya..

:lmao:

he would be a perfect fit in Baltimore, no doubt..but will Billick put his ego aside , realize he made a mistake in drafting Boller, and go for the experienced QB who not only knows the system, but has worked with OC Jim Fassell before?

I think Collins has to much pride in himself to settle for any back up job!

So far the QB FA movement has gone almost exaxctly like predicted.

A few miner surprises and few moves dependent on others but Baltimore is about the only idea place left for Collins unless Favre retires and that doesn't seem likely at this point.

Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese let it be Minny. Johnson was a fluke. It was all smoke and mirrors. No idea what Childress is thinking brining in McMahon. This team is going to be pathetic if they turn into a dink & dunk O. They'll need an arm like Collins to keep the safetys more than 3 feet off the line of scrimmage. He may make his share of mistakes, but he makes the DBs honest. That should give taylor a least some breathing room.

Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese let it be Minny. Johnson was a fluke. It was all smoke and mirrors. No idea what Childress is thinking brining in McMahon. This team is going to be pathetic if they turn into a dink & dunk O. They'll need an arm like Collins to keep the safetys more than 3 feet off the line of scrimmage. He may make his share of mistakes, but he makes the DBs honest. That should give taylor a least some breathing room.
Ummm the WCO is a dink & dunk O, that's what Childress will run.

you'd think Baltimore is the most likely answer, but I'd also say GB is always a possibility, so is N.O. as a backup to Brees..perhaps SF, where he'd make an immediate impact and would certainly be much better than Alex Smith..eesh..

Smith is unbelievably bad!
I'm not a Smith fan, but its kind of early to call smith "unbelievably bad" based on a few starts his rookie year with a horrible supporting cast. Did you say the same thing about Eli after his rookie year even with his strong supporting cast? ;)

Brad Johnson is a better QB then anyone seems to give him credit for.

His fantasy stats were not overly rewarding last year unlike his younger days but he plays within the system, owns a super ring, and if that Minny line improves like expected watch out for Minny.

He reminds me of Dilfer back when he was in Baltimore. Just quietly gets the job done year in and year out without putting up flasy fantasy stats. A nice back up to own for this year!

How many Qb's had a 78% winning % last year? That is the stat that tells it all what Brad Johnson is worth as a starting QB to Minny!

Ummm the WCO is a dink & dunk O, that's what Childress will run.
Exactly what I mean. With a QB that can't throw the ball more than 20 yards and a HC/OC who doesn't have three plays in the playbook of more than 20 yards, they really need a guy "Like" Collins to be able to at least present the illusion that they might throw it downfield. Dunno what their draft prospect sheet looks like, but I hope there's a real QB on it.

I could see Collins ending up in the following cities:

1. Miami

2. Baltimore

3. Pittsburgh

4. Denver

5. KC

6. Dallas

7. Philly

8. Washington

9. GB

10. Tampa

11. St Louis

Of course, he's not going to start in most of those places. He will be able to compete for play in Miami and Baltimore though, whereas everywhere else he's waiting for someone to get hurt or fall on his face.

I do find it ironic that I went to Penn State the same years that Collins did and the only time I ever saw him other than in a game was at the liquor store during our Senior year. :banned:

I would take him in Dallas.

I think he will end up in Baltimore for sure but I am not sold on him beating out Kyle Boller.

The whisper I hear in Baltimore is that the Ravens are keeping their fingers crossed that McNair still gets let go in Tennessee (maybe after the draft?) and that they want him first, and then Collins second if/when McNair stays with the Titans.

Also, their ideal scenario is that they bring in a veteran QB whose presence pushes Boller to previously undetected levels of performance and that Boller earns the starting job. Hard to imagine that happening, but the organization hasn't given up on him yet.

Another whisper is that Boller was really not ready to return from injury last year, but that Anthony Wright was so horrible in going 2-5 as a starter, the Ravens begged him to come back and try to play on one leg, figuring that the season was lost anyway and that Boller might as well get some more playing time in.

Don't know if it's true or not, but Boller did show some improvement toward the end (when he was presumably healthier) and if the team knew he really was playing while injured, it might explain why they (alone) haven't yet given up on him.

Word of mouth(nothing to substantiate it) is the Ravens kept Fassel with the promise they'd hire his relative(done) and bring in Kerry. Fairly confident now they're letting him test his market value which isn't so high as almost all teams have legit starting QBs

The whisper I hear in Baltimore is that the Ravens are keeping their fingers crossed that McNair still gets let go in Tennessee (maybe after the draft?) and that they want him first, and then Collins second if/when McNair stays with the Titans.

Also, their ideal scenario is that they bring in a veteran QB whose presence pushes Boller to previously undetected levels of performance and that Boller earns the starting job. Hard to imagine that happening, but the organization hasn't given up on him yet.

Another whisper is that Boller was really not ready to return from injury last year, but that Anthony Wright was so horrible in going 2-5 as a starter, the Ravens begged him to come back and try to play on one leg, figuring that the season was lost anyway and that Boller might as well get some more playing time in.

Don't know if it's true or not, but Boller did show some improvement toward the end (when he was presumably healthier) and if the team knew he really was playing while injured, it might explain why they (alone) haven't yet given up on him.
I thought Boller showed a ton of improvement. The guy was playing with garbage around him until last season and he got hurt in the first game. That really stunted the chemistry growth between him and his receivers.

If Favre does not come back I have to believe the Packers would have to go after Collins. Currently their QB's consist of Rodgers and Favre. If Favre retires and Collins goes elsewhere who arethe Packers going to have as their back-ups? Harrington?

I thought Boller showed a ton of improvement. The guy was playing with garbage around him until last season and he got hurt in the first game. That really stunted the chemistry growth between him and his receivers.
Jamal ran for more yards than Boller threw in 2003 (and BTW scored more TDs than he threw). 11 games or not, that's pathetic.His career average is something like 10 TDs 10 INTs. He needs to throw for more than 20.

I do find it ironic that I went to Penn State the same years that Collins did and the only time I ever saw him other than in a game was at the liquor store during our Senior year. :banned:
That may be the problem. He's become too conservative and nervous since then. Of course some would say his first year sober he did great. Well I'd say detox did not set in yet that year. :banned:

Interesting thoughts in this thread...

Here are mine:

He goes to Baltimore. He was here in Harrisburg, PA the other day and on the local news as well. IMO, he pretty much said Baltimore was where he wanted to go because of Fassel being there. He sounded pretty confident, but like I said, that's my opinion. Just a feeling...

To the poster that said he only ever saw Collins in the liquor store if it wasn't during a game, here's a little tidbit you might be able to relate to:

A close friend of mine was also a student at Penn State when Collins was there... she came back to her room one night (can't remember what year she graduated) and he was in her room, sitting at the table, too trashed to even speak coherently... aka pretty darn "poop-faced-drunk" (for lack of better words ;) ). She didn't even know him. Now that's sad...

To the comparison between Collins and Dilfer, Dilfer did what he had to do (nothing more) when Baltimore won it a few years back. Dilfer made few mistakes because not much was asked of him. The difference with Collins, IMO, is that unless he has a "lunchbreak" to throw the ball, and every single play goes as planned, (ie he doesn't have to think about changing the call in that few seconds that he is limited to) he will have that lost look and have no clue... just as he did with Oakland's atrocious O-line last year.

JMO...

Baltimore will not pay Collins starter's money. He's not worth starter's money. He's a journeyman QB with a 55.6% career completion percentage (same as Boller) and just above 1/1 TD/INT ratio (Boller is just below). He's also lost 30 games in the last three years. And finally, he's 34 years old this year.

If the Ravens sign him, it will be as insurance against having to start Anthony Wright or Kordell Stewart again, and they won't pay big money for that.

So if you're Kerry Collins, do you sign for less money to be a backup somewhere or hope that someone gets hurt/sucks it up enough in pre-season or even the first couple of weeks to pay you starter money?

So if you're Kerry Collins, do you sign for less money to be a backup somewhere or hope that someone gets hurt/sucks it up enough in pre-season or even the first couple of weeks to pay you starter money?
He's waiting. A Qb will get hurt. Or not play well.Then He will be the guy. Unless you want Jeff George? :lmao:

If Favre does not come back I have to believe the Packers would have to go after Collins. Currently their QB's consist of Rodgers and Favre. If Favre retires and Collins goes elsewhere who arethe Packers going to have as their back-ups? Harrington?
Yes, Harrington. Young QB, knows the division. Would be a good backup for Rodgers as he grows in to the role w/o Favre.

Users who are viewing this thread