What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So who is the Rookies of the Year so far? (1 Viewer)

meyerj31

Footballguy
No Andrew Luck, RG3, or Morris this year....

Who do you guys have for the offensive and defensive rookies of the year so far?

Tavon, Lacy, Bell have all been hurt or not super productive.... Does Robert Woods have a chance, if he continues his upward play? What about non-skill position players?

Last edited by a moderator:
By all accounts I guess you would have to say Kenbrell Thompkins in fantasy and that is funny because he wasn't drafted in about 99% of any rookie drafts before mid-August. Shows what we know.

I think Gio would be the leading candidate so far. Hopkins could be close too since he's produced since week 1. Still a lot of time though. We'll see what Gio does as he continues to get more carries. We still haven't seen what Lacy can do. Woods could continue to play a high level but I still think he will be limited due to the fact that he's the #2 on a bad offense. I could see Tavon turning it around if the Rams stop sucking, but as of now, he's been a huge bust given all the hype.

For defensive, Kiko Alonso, LB Buf, seems to be doing pretty well. 32 tackles, 1 sack and 4 ints

Offensive I'm not so sure. Maybe Manuel? Thompkins/Hopkins could have a legit shot if they continue on their pace.

There is not a game that goes by without the honey badger making a game-altering altering play. He should be in the mix... tho not the leading candidate.

Star Lotulelei is playing at a non-glamour position of DT, but he is absolutely dominating in the middle of the Panthers D-Line. He isn't just playing extremely well for a rookie, he's playing at an All-Pro level, demanding extra attention, and already being double teamed.

On offense, my choice is Gio Bernard. I'm making a bit of an assumption that he continues to take over more of the Cincy offense though.

Gio and Thompkins have to be the 2 leading offensive. I think at the end of the year, Gio will be the clear cut winner.

Kiko so far for defense. Side Note: I saw an interview of him yesterday on SC, he sounded not bright.

The Bills have both ROY's so far.

With that being said, the league better take note - this new regime is doing things right.. Bills will be powerhouses in 2-3 years

Defensive options....

Star Lotulelei, Kiko Alonso, Tyrann Matheu don't think anyone else is really close to them.

Offensive is tough... nobody has really shined that brightly. I'd say front runners are:

DeAndre Hopkins, Kenbrell Thompkins, Robert Woods, Le'Veon Bell (good first game... but not enough information), Gio Bernard.

It will be EJ Manual or Geno Smith imo on Offense this year. Who thought the JETS had a chance and would be 2-2 after 4 weeks? Everyone said this was the worst team in the league this year. Which ever QB has the best record wins it this season. It's worth mentioning, if Le'Veon Bell does well and is the reason the Steelers turn it around this year then he will be in the discussion and could win it as well. Those are imo your leading top 3

Kenbrell Thompkins won't win it, Brady offsets anything he does. Gio doesn't get it because the Bengals are stacked everywhere. Woods won't get it because the credit will go to EJ. Just the way it is

deandre hopkins by far
By far? lol No one said Lacy?

Gio is currently the best rookie at the skill position right now, when its all said and done I believe it will be Lacy or Gio taking home the award. Remember Lacys team has only had 3 games he went out on his first carry in one game and missed another, he looked good in his one outing where he was the bell cow against a good D. Benard is about to bring the rain now that Gruden realizes the Firm is done. I'm trying to acquire both in the leagues I don't have them.

He won't put up big stats and won't win the award,but jets dt Sheldon Richardson looks like a keeper. Could be a pro bowler in a couple of years

Star Lotulelei is playing at a non-glamour position of DT, but he is absolutely dominating in the middle of the Panthers D-Line. He isn't just playing extremely well for a rookie, he's playing at an All-Pro level, demanding extra attention, and already being double teamed.

On offense, my choice is Gio Bernard. I'm making a bit of an assumption that he continues to take over more of the Cincy offense though.
I agree with both of these. I love Kiko and he may win it due to the positions involved, but Star has been dominating.

And I think Gio will win OROY. Woods is great, but his production depends on a rookie QB that has been very up and down so far.

Defensive options....

Star Lotulelei, Kiko Alonso, Tyrann Matheu don't think anyone else is really close to them.

Offensive is tough... nobody has really shined that brightly. I'd say front runners are:

DeAndre Hopkins, Kenbrell Thompkins, Robert Woods, Le'Veon Bell (good first game... but not enough information), Gio Bernard.
Defense - Ogletree is close. ansah had one big game, if he can do more he'll be in the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread