What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So Who Would You Trade McNabb For? (1 Viewer)

Ash

Footballguy
So much McNabb bashing by certain people in here, I'd like to see people put their money where there mouth is. So the question is:

Who would you trade McNabb for, straight up, to play the next 3 seasons? I can't think of that many, but here they are.

Definitely: Peyton Manning, Brady (assuming full health), Brees

Borderline: Palmer (healthy), Rivers, Eli Manning

So who else might we hear about:

Romo - If people think McNabb chokes, Romo can't win in December let alone January

Roethlisberger - Solid player, but I think he's lifted by the team more than vice versa

There maybe others too, but I think McNabb is a borderline Top 5 QB in the league and definitely Top 10. So many teams go years without even a solid QB, let alone a good one. Sure he has flaws, he's streaky and inaccurate at times, but he's a playmaker. He brought the back to the lead from 18 down today. How many QBs in the league could have done that? There are others, but fair to say I think most teams don't have one.

So much McNabb bashing by certain people in here, I'd like to see people put their money where there mouth is. So the question is:Who would you trade McNabb for, straight up, to play the next 3 seasons? I can't think of that many, but here they are.Definitely: Peyton Manning, Brady (assuming full health), BreesBorderline: Palmer (healthy), Rivers, Eli ManningSo who else might we hear about:Romo - If people think McNabb chokes, Romo can't win in December let alone JanuaryRoethlisberger - Solid player, but I think he's lifted by the team more than vice versaThere maybe others too, but I think McNabb is a borderline Top 5 QB in the league and definitely Top 10. So many teams go years without even a solid QB, let alone a good one. Sure he has flaws, he's streaky and inaccurate at times, but he's a playmaker. He brought the back to the lead from 18 down today. How many QBs in the league could have done that? There are others, but fair to say I think most teams don't have one.
fantasy or NFL?

So much McNabb bashing by certain people in here, I'd like to see people put their money where there mouth is. So the question is:Who would you trade McNabb for, straight up, to play the next 3 seasons? I can't think of that many, but here they are.Definitely: Peyton Manning, Brady (assuming full health), BreesBorderline: Palmer (healthy), Rivers, Eli ManningSo who else might we hear about:Romo - If people think McNabb chokes, Romo can't win in December let alone JanuaryRoethlisberger - Solid player, but I think he's lifted by the team more than vice versaThere maybe others too, but I think McNabb is a borderline Top 5 QB in the league and definitely Top 10. So many teams go years without even a solid QB, let alone a good one. Sure he has flaws, he's streaky and inaccurate at times, but he's a playmaker. He brought the back to the lead from 18 down today. How many QBs in the league could have done that? There are others, but fair to say I think most teams don't have one.
fantasy or NFL?
NFL

P Manning

Brees

Roethlisberger

Rivers

Cutler

Ryan

E Manning

Romo

Rodgers
Philly fans would have a picnic with Romo. If they think McNabb chokes! Holy crap.Take Romo out of there, and I'd take any one of them as the Eagles QB. Rodgers, Ryan, Cutler, and Eli based on age only, not current talent-level. The other four are better quarterbacks right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread and the McNabb respect thread are littered with a lot of incomplete arguments on both sides evaluating McNabb's performance in yesterday's game, of the form:

(a) McNabb missed a lot of passes in the first half, versus

(b) McNabb looked great leading his team back in the second half

The argument is further complicated by the fact that the defense surrendered 32 points and the Cardinals coaching probably should be given the edge in how the respective teams prepared for and called the game.

Here's my version of the truth:

McNabb who at times shows more brilliance at quarterback than Manning, Brady or any other QB in the league, also has a chronic habit of up and down performance, and this spotty play is at the root of people evaluating him as a poor performer / needs to be traded / etc.

In particular, although Donovan looked great in the second half, he is most responsible for his team falling behind in the first half, so on balance his performance in the game has to be rated neutral. He screwed up, then he fixed it (albeit they lost).

I happen to believe Donovan's biggest problem is entitlement and lack of a sense of personal responsibility for his play, as evidenced by the fact that it's pretty appparent to him that an injustice was done to him by being benched while it's pretty apparent to me that his play improved radically after the benching.

I'm convinced his "casual" attitude about the game (yeah, we may have started slow, or yeah, I played a bad couple of games, etc.) is what prevents him from joining Manning, Brady, and Roeth as "beyond reproach" in terms of their play.

Which is sad, because he may have the potential to exceed all three of them.

Or he may never fix this cavalier attitude and be "condemned" to what he is now: a (very talented) also-ran.

This thread and the McNabb respect thread are littered with a lot of incomplete arguments on both sides evaluating McNabb's performance in yesterday's game, of the form:(a) McNabb missed a lot of passes in the first half, versus(b) McNabb looked great leading his team back in the second halfThe argument is further complicated by the fact that the defense surrendered 32 points and the Cardinals coaching probably should be given the edge in how the respective teams prepared for and called the game.Here's my version of the truth:McNabb who at times shows more brilliance at quarterback than Manning, Brady or any other QB in the league, also has a chronic habit of up and down performance, and this spotty play is at the root of people evaluating him as a poor performer / needs to be traded / etc.In particular, although Donovan looked great in the second half, he is most responsible for his team falling behind in the first half, so on balance his performance in the game has to be rated neutral. He screwed up, then he fixed it (albeit they lost).I happen to believe Donovan's biggest problem is entitlement and lack of a sense of personal responsibility for his play, as evidenced by the fact that it's pretty appparent to him that an injustice was done to him by being benched while it's pretty apparent to me that his play improved radically after the benching. I'm convinced his "casual" attitude about the game (yeah, we may have started slow, or yeah, I played a bad couple of games, etc.) is what prevents him from joining Manning, Brady, and Roeth as "beyond reproach" in terms of their play.Which is sad, because he may have the potential to exceed all three of them.Or he may never fix this cavalier attitude and be "condemned" to what he is now: a (very talented) also-ran.
Couldn't have said it any better.As for who else I would take, you have to keep in mind the system they run. Running a WCO, you don't need a big play QB. You just need an accurate QB, particularly on shorter, quicker routes which happens to be McNabb's weakness.So, in addition to the list above of: P Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Cutler, Ryan, Rodgers (Eli too inconsistent for me and that's not what this team needs).Add:Garcia -- would be a perfect fit, IMO, and could probably have taken this team all the wayCassel -- And I don't think he's a very good QB or would fit well on a lot of teams, but in Philly I think it would be a perfect matchSchaub -- I'd easily take him over McNabb at this pointGarrard -- A much more accurate passer who's had as little to work with if not less than McNabb. Collins -- Perpetually underrated. And talk about not having much to work with this year. Pennington -- Another great fit for the style of offense they run.Hasselbeck -- Just an overall better passer than McNabb.I simply think the Eagles are in need of a change at the QB spot and would benefit both them and McNabb. And I'm not saying that all thos QB's are more talented than McNabb, just that they would be as good if not a better fit for Philly at this point.

This thread and the McNabb respect thread are littered with a lot of incomplete arguments on both sides evaluating McNabb's performance in yesterday's game, of the form:

The argument is further complicated by the fact that the defense surrendered 32 points and the Cardinals coaching probably should be given the edge in how the respective teams prepared for and called the game.

McNabb who at times shows more brilliance at quarterback than Manning, Brady or any other QB in the league, also has a chronic habit of up and down performance, and this spotty play is at the root of people evaluating him as a poor performer / needs to be traded / etc.

In particular, although Donovan looked great in the second half, he is most responsible for his team falling behind in the first half, so on balance his performance in the game has to be rated neutral. He screwed up, then he fixed it (albeit they lost).

I happen to believe Donovan's biggest problem is entitlement and lack of a sense of personal responsibility for his play, as evidenced by the fact that it's pretty appparent to him that an injustice was done to him by being benched while it's pretty apparent to me that his play improved radically after the benching.

I'm convinced his "casual" attitude about the game (yeah, we may have started slow, or yeah, I played a bad couple of games, etc.) is what prevents him from joining Manning, Brady, and Roeth as "beyond reproach" in terms of their play.

Or he may never fix this cavalier attitude and be "condemned" to what he is now: a (very talented) also-ran.
Couldn't have said it any better.As for who else I would take, you have to keep in mind the system they run. Running a WCO, you don't need a big play QB. You just need an accurate QB, particularly on shorter, quicker routes which happens to be McNabb's weakness.

So, in addition to the list above of: P Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Cutler, Ryan, Rodgers (Eli too inconsistent for me and that's not what this team needs).

Add:

Garcia -- would be a perfect fit, IMO, and could probably have taken this team all the way

Cassel -- And I don't think he's a very good QB or would fit well on a lot of teams, but in Philly I think it would be a perfect match

Schaub -- I'd easily take him over McNabb at this point

Garrard -- A much more accurate passer who's had as little to work with if not less than McNabb.

Collins -- Perpetually underrated. And talk about not having much to work with this year.

Pennington -- Another great fit for the style of offense they run.

Hasselbeck -- Just an overall better passer than McNabb.

I simply think the Eagles are in need of a change at the QB spot and would benefit both them and McNabb. And I'm not saying that all thos QB's are more talented than McNabb, just that they would be as good if not a better fit for Philly at this point.
Wow. Thank God you're not an NFL GM.

Couldn't have said it any better.As for who else I would take, you have to keep in mind the system they run. Running a WCO, you don't need a big play QB. You just need an accurate QB, particularly on shorter, quicker routes which happens to be McNabb's weakness.

So, in addition to the list above of: P Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Cutler, Ryan, Rodgers (Eli too inconsistent for me and that's not what this team needs).

Add:

Garcia -- would be a perfect fit, IMO, and could probably have taken this team all the way

Cassel -- And I don't think he's a very good QB or would fit well on a lot of teams, but in Philly I think it would be a perfect match

Schaub -- I'd easily take him over McNabb at this point

Garrard -- A much more accurate passer who's had as little to work with if not less than McNabb.

Collins -- Perpetually underrated. And talk about not having much to work with this year.

Pennington -- Another great fit for the style of offense they run.

Hasselbeck -- Just an overall better passer than McNabb.

I simply think the Eagles are in need of a change at the QB spot and would benefit both them and McNabb. And I'm not saying that all thos QB's are more talented than McNabb, just that they would be as good if not a better fit for Philly at this point.
Wow. Thank God you're not an NFL GM.
And Thank God you're not on the HOF voting committee.

Users who are viewing this thread