What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Software for Fantasy?*Help still needed* (1 Viewer)

'Mr.Pack said:
Figured out how to set up a league and get cheat sheets.

Went to open the program on my laptop, and Mastersball wouldn't let me log in. Everytime I tried to log in in took me right back to the log in page.

This was totally useless to me last night.

I will be asking for a refund.

:thumbdown:
Sorry you had a problem, you will easily get your refund.................BUT I am not sure waiting until the last minute to use any product is a good idea.Hope you still had a great draft
You are absolutely correct. But due to certain circumstances that's how it had to be.However, something needs to be fixed on that site because today still, I cannot log in and I have tried using IE and Google Chrome.
GO to the Forums, make sure you are logged in - then click on "back to Mastersball" in the uppper right hand corner.....if it still shows you logged in you should be good to go to get to "Platinum Download" (if that doesnt work or whenever you need some help with the tools, send a PM to Todd Zola (easily visible on the forums)

'Mr.Pack said:
Figured out how to set up a league and get cheat sheets.

Went to open the program on my laptop, and Mastersball wouldn't let me log in. Everytime I tried to log in in took me right back to the log in page.

This was totally useless to me last night.

I will be asking for a refund.

:thumbdown:
Sorry you had a problem, you will easily get your refund.................BUT I am not sure waiting until the last minute to use any product is a good idea.Hope you still had a great draft
You are absolutely correct. But due to certain circumstances that's how it had to be.However, something needs to be fixed on that site because today still, I cannot log in and I have tried using IE and Google Chrome.
GO to the Forums, make sure you are logged in - then click on "back to Mastersball" in the uppper right hand corner.....if it still shows you logged in you should be good to go to get to "Platinum Download" (if that doesnt work or whenever you need some help with the tools, send a PM to Todd Zola (easily visible on the forums)
It took 2 tries but I finally got logged in. Unfortunately my only draft was Saturday so this software was useless to me.It's too bad too, because when i was able to get in Saturday on my desktop, it looked like it would have been really useful. Unfortunately the log-in problems kept me from using it.

Todd issued me a refund. Thank you for the lightening fast response.

I may give this another shot next year, like I said it looked like it would have been a real useful tool, but the log-in maze is kind of ridiculous.

I also, would like to be able to save cheatsheets and league settings, so you can open it up on another computer and use it like with FBG's.

I have been using one through Fantistics for a while but they're a bit pricy and they're just slacking on some stuff. Can anyone recommend one?
Mastersball.com$39.95 tons of different software tools AND the #1 person in the "numerish" field if you need helpFBG guarantee by me personally
I just registered and am looking at the platinum download. Is that what I should do? It's listed at 34.95 instead of the 39.95 you quoted.

I have been using one through Fantistics for a while but they're a bit pricy and they're just slacking on some stuff. Can anyone recommend one?
Mastersball.com$39.95 tons of different software tools AND the #1 person in the "numerish" field if you need helpFBG guarantee by me personally
I just registered and am looking at the platinum download. Is that what I should do? It's listed at 34.95 instead of the 39.95 you quoted.
That is the place to start - you can see the variety of things available.I would start with reading the articles and the basis of the tools/progams and then concentrate on the ones YOU need and not necessarily all of them. BUT please sign in on the forums and you can ask any question and get advice not only from staff but other subscribers who have used them. There is a separate Platinum Forum where only the subscribers to those tools can ask/answer questions which is very helpful

Figured out how to set up a league and get cheat sheets.Went to open the program on my laptop, and Mastersball wouldn't let me log in. Everytime I tried to log in in took me right back to the log in page.This was totally useless to me last night.I will be asking for a refund. :thumbdown:
+1 for stupid enough to wait until last minute and couldn't use the tool.

Figured out how to set up a league and get cheat sheets.Went to open the program on my laptop, and Mastersball wouldn't let me log in. Everytime I tried to log in in took me right back to the log in page.This was totally useless to me last night.I will be asking for a refund. :thumbdown:
:lmao: :lmao: Thanks for your input.Carry on. :lmao:

Any way to break apart different OF positions?
We don't have that for roto leagues as there just isn't much use of it. IF this is a points league it might be done - best way would be to ask the question on Mastersball Forums in the Tools thread

:lmao: :lmao: Thanks for your input.Carry on. :lmao:
I was saying I did the same.

I plan on trying this again this year. However I won't be waiting until the last minute this year. :bag: Hook, are you still with them and are there any specials yet?

I plan on trying this again this year. However I won't be waiting until the last minute this year. :bag: Hook, are you still with them and are there any specials yet?
Still there - haven't raised the price and there are some additional tools and things available plus the draft tool has another year of experience and tweaks. Plus I will still quarantee it for you guys

Still there - haven't raised the price and there are some additional tools and things available plus the draft tool has another year of experience and tweaks. Plus I will still quarantee it for you guys
in

Did anyone try Bloomberg Front Office in 2012? I'm curious how it changed/improved from 2011. I used it in 2011, in my first fantasy baseball season, and while the in-season dashboard was awful, the preseason rankings actually helped me win a championship. It lets you input pretty much any scoring category and then spits out projections, or alternatively you can integrate it with your Yahoo league. Maybe it was because I played in a 7x7 league where the commish just tried to guess at the best categories, and the result was easy for the rankings logic to exploit against casual players. But still, there were some pretty bold predictions I went with and I was on the receiving end of a lot of trash talk during the draft.There were some things I hated about it though, which put me off of resubscribing in 2012. Unlike DD, it's completely web-based. If I recall correctly, it doesn't allow you to download to Excel or any format that is usable offline. I'm pretty sure you were limited to printing. They had a trade analyzer and a free agent analyzer, but these were absolutely worthless. Also, there is nothing on the site that tells you how they do their projections, if they are entirely model-based or if anyone vets them for reasonableness. As a noob, I was definitely worried about diving in head first without a clue as to what was driving their projections, I essentially just trusted the Bloomberg brand.

Hook, am I reading it correctly that the draft software does not support a H2H points league? Only roto?

The Mastersball draft software crashed on me several times during my draft last year. The projections were solid though.

Hook, am I reading it correctly that the draft software does not support a H2H points league? Only roto?
NOT correct you can modify it for any league with some adjustments and there IS support available on our site which others don't have (even if we have to do a custom modification)

NOT correct you can modify it for any league with some adjustments and there IS support available on our site which others don't have (even if we have to do a custom modification)
Ok cool, this part of the information had me confused:7) Our draft software which integrates our projections and methods is included.

Our initial implementation covers just the standard 5x5 format for straight and auction drafts on the Windows platform (XP, Vista and 7), but we hope to expand it in the future.

This was also in the 2012 user's guide:

Type of league

If you select Roto 5X5 or Roto 4X4, default roster configuration is automatically pre-set by MastersDraft. If you select Custom, all New League Wizard windows will be displayed in turn. Head to Head and Front Office are reserved for future development.

Assumed all that meant only roto was supported.

So I can import my scoring system, 1pt for singles, 2pts for doubles etc. and the software will rank and sort according to my customized league scoring? Just want to make sure it's fuctionable for my league before I sign up. Been using Fantistics for the last couple of years and wouldn't mind trying something new. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok cool, this part of the information had me confused:7) Our draft software which integrates our projections and methods is included.

Our initial implementation covers just the standard 5x5 format for straight and auction drafts on the Windows platform (XP, Vista and 7), but we hope to expand it in the future.

This was also in the 2012 user's guide:

Type of league

If you select Roto 5X5 or Roto 4X4, default roster configuration is automatically pre-set by MastersDraft. If you select Custom, all New League Wizard windows will be displayed in turn. Head to Head and Front Office are reserved for future development.

Assumed all that meant only roto was supported.

So I can import my scoring system, 1pt for singles, 2pts for doubles etc. and the software will rank and sort according to my customized league scoring? Just want to make sure it's fuctionable for my league before I sign up. Been using Fantistics for the last couple of years and wouldn't mind trying something new. Thanks.
Takes a little work but Todd can walk you through it pretty easily - too long to go into here - sign up and post your question in the Platinum Subscriber Forum and we will get you ready to go

Going for year 3 of rotolab. Not a bad little tool.

I won and finished second last year, so I'm not going to change. I bet Hooks tool is also very good.

I just downloaded rotowires iPad app. Pretty impressive for less than the price of a magazine. Why FBGs doesn't do this is beyond me. $4.99

I just downloaded rotowires iPad app. Pretty impressive for less than the price of a magazine. Why FBGs doesn't do this is beyond me. $4.99
Used it for my draft today. Worked flawlessly. Don't think I'll ever need anything else. I used to use the expensive ones. No need anymore

'AcerFC said:
Used it for my draft today. Worked flawlessly. Don't think I'll ever need anything else. I used to use the expensive ones. No need anymore
Can you use it for a Yahoo 5x5?

'AcerFC said:
Can you use it for a Yahoo 5x5?
I dont see why not. It was very customizable.ETA: Forgot that it downloaded to my phone as well. You can do 5X5. Wont connect to yahoo if that is what you are asking

DiamondDraft user here - just used it yesterday for the 4th year. My review is below (please note that I am not affiliated with DiamondDraft, just a repeat customer)

Pros: Pretty simple to use; supports drafting of active + reserve lists w/ keepers on each; has player projections but you can change to your own

Cons: Don't install on desktop and expect to be able to transfer to laptop; a little quirky at times when you try to do things (see below)

Keith Macari's DiamondDraft software ($20) has been around for more than a few years. The layout is the same as the previous eight or nine years, so don't expect any earth shattering graphics. It gets the job done and is really easy to use once you learn it's quirks. For example, once you select to put a player on a team, you then enter the salary and designate if they are going on the active or reserve list. For the next player that gets drafted, that previous selection is retained - so if that player needs to go on an active roster you need to reselect "active" or else that player will go to the "reserve" list as well.

DiamondDraft comes with Macari's projections (updated throughout spring training about every 2-3 days) and they are decent or you can change them to your liking. For my NL keeper league that can retain players both against the cap on the active roster or as part of the reserve roster without impacting the cap, it is the only baseball draft software I have found that handles this correctly in the player pool. DiamondDraft also allows you to download a sample database that only contains letters A through O so you can take it for a test drive.

Link to DiamondDraft.com HomePage

Bottom Line: It's not DraftDominator here on FBG, but it gets the job done.

I just fired the the Rotowire drafting app for the hell of it. It's horrifically slow and not all that pleasing to the eye. Not a fan of the layout either.

Oh, and I think this obsession with ranking drafts based on projected stats is a fools errand. It's entirely pointless before the draft is over, and of limited value even when you're finished.

I just became a Masterball platinum subscriber. At first glance, it appears that you can't produce a master draft list. Ie one that includes both pitchers and hitters. Is that correct?

Oh, and I think this obsession with ranking drafts based on projected stats is a fools errand. It's entirely pointless before the draft is over, and of limited value even when you're finished.
:goodposting:
The only value I can see in projections, and a limited one at that, is if you're aiming for minimums in the counting categories. It's only semi-useful for SB and HR and the level of accuracy goes downhill from there.

Kind of an offshoot from the software question... But what would be a good subscription service under say $40 for great projections/rankings/in depth updates/analysis throughout the season? I wouldn't be buying so much for software since my draft runs real fast. I play in a H2H points league so 5x5 roto analysis is not super needed but I also help out with a roto team. I see a lot of suggestions for Mastersball here, worth it for what I am looking for?

Downloaded this one. My problem with it was it required me to identify a player's position on the roster as I drafted them, which was weird. So, during the draft, I'm supposed to figure out if the player to be drafted will be, e.g., a OF, Util, or bench player. If you don't, it will give you an error message if you have exceeded roster requirements. An extra step that don't really have time for during a draft.

Downloaded this one. My problem with it was it required me to identify a player's position on the roster as I drafted them, which was weird. So, during the draft, I'm supposed to figure out if the player to be drafted will be, e.g., a OF, Util, or bench player. If you don't, it will give you an error message if you have exceeded roster requirements. An extra step that don't really have time for during a draft.
:confused: You dont know what position you want guys to playIt took half a second to put the player on the bench after I slotted all my starters.

I just fired the the Rotowire drafting app for the hell of it. It's horrifically slow and not all that pleasing to the eye. Not a fan of the layout either.Oh, and I think this obsession with ranking drafts based on projected stats is a fools errand. It's entirely pointless before the draft is over, and of limited value even when you're finished.
ipad or laptop. I used it on the ipad and didnt have any problems with slownessIm not trying to sell the app, I get nothing for it. But it worked great for me

:confused: You dont know what position you want guys to playIt took half a second to put the player on the bench after I slotted all my starters.
I know my own team. During the draft, I don't know what position the other team's players will play. It's more of a draft annoyance because it brings up the error message every pick.

Id advise people to try this one out as well. You get a LOT for the $5 from what I can see and I'm going to use it for my draft on Monday :thumbup:

Id advise people to try this one out as well. You get a LOT for the $5 from what I can see and I'm going to use it for my draft on Monday :thumbup:
:goodposting: For $5 it looks like a worthwhile buy. Thanks for the find Acer.

Users who are viewing this thread