What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Software for Fantasy?*Help still needed* (2 Viewers)

I just downloaded rotowires iPad app. Pretty impressive for less than the price of a magazine. Why FBGs doesn't do this is beyond me. $4.99
Used it for my draft today. Worked flawlessly. Don't think I'll ever need anything else. I used to use the expensive ones. No need anymore
Id advise people to try this one out as well. You get a LOT for the $5 from what I can see and I'm going to use it for my draft on Monday :thumbup:
:goodposting: For $5 it looks like a worthwhile buy. Thanks for the find Acer.
:hifive:

I have been using one through Fantistics for a while but they're a bit pricy and they're just slacking on some stuff. Can anyone recommend one?
Mastersball.com $39.95 tons of different software tools AND the #1 person in the "numerish" field if you need help FBG guarantee by me personally
Any way to break apart different OF positions?
We don't have that for roto leagues as there just isn't much use of it. IF this is a points league it might be done - best way would be to ask the question on Mastersball Forums in the Tools thread
Do you know if this is possible for a points league this year? I am trying to be a bit proactive and look at software with some time before my draft this year.

A little help?

I was going through my stuff from last season and I found an Excel file that broke down pitching into tiers that I thought was pretty helpful.

Problem is ... stupid me, I forgot where I found it and never made a note of it.

It categorizes the tiers by "Emperors", "Kings", "Archdukes", "Dukes", "Princes" ... etc.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

A little help?

I was going through my stuff from last season and I found an Excel file that broke down pitching into tiers that I thought was pretty helpful.

Problem is ... stupid me, I forgot where I found it and never made a note of it.

It categorizes the tiers by "Emperors", "Kings", "Archdukes", "Dukes", "Princes" ... etc.

Sounds something that Razzball would do. Other guess would be Sporer Pitching Guide if you paid for it.

A little help?

That's Sporer's tiers from last year. Verlander/Price/Kershaw/Strasburg as Emperors.

A little help?

That's Sporer's tiers from last year. Verlander/Price/Kershaw/Strasburg as Emperors.
Wow. Does he ever miss?

A little help?

I thought that might be the case. I did pay for the guide last year, but hadn't yet this season.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Mr. Pickles said:
rodg12 said:
Dickie Dunn said:
A little help?

Wow. Does he ever miss?
He's way out on a limb

Its a significant time investment, but making your own draft spreadsheet is a significant advantage. Pulling in multiple projections and deciding on which one to use wholesale or piecemeal allows you to be much more prepared for the split second decisions needed in an auction.

Billy Bats said:
Drunken Cowboy said:
I am still looking for good draft software that has separate OF positions. Anybody know of one?
Fantistics software does.
I've had some real issues with the Fantistics software this year. The app worked for a few days, but now every time I open the draft app, it immediately crashes with some type of 321 run time error. I've uninstalled and re-installed several times and have tried to clean the registry, but I've been unable to fix the problem. It could be a problem locally on my computer, but I don't know why it would have just started up out of nowhere. I need to contact them today to see if they can help me fix it. I've been pretty frustrated that my $70 draft app hasn't been working at all.

Billy Bats said:
Drunken Cowboy said:
I am still looking for good draft software that has separate OF positions. Anybody know of one?
I've had some real issues with the Fantistics software this year. The app worked for a few days, but now every time I open the draft app, it immediately crashes with some type of 321 run time error. I've uninstalled and re-installed several times and have tried to clean the registry, but I've been unable to fix the problem. It could be a problem locally on my computer, but I don't know why it would have just started up out of nowhere. I need to contact them today to see if they can help me fix it. I've been pretty frustrated that my $70 draft app hasn't been working at all.
I haven't had any issues. :shrug: Don't blame you for the frustration, give them a shout I'm sure they'll help you out. GL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Billy Bats said:
Drunken Cowboy said:
I haven't had any issues. :shrug: Don't blame you for the frustration, give them a shout I'm sure they'll help you out. GL.
I read through the FAQs section on their website today and found some information about how to fix the issue. I think the league draft results file must have gotten corrupted somehow. Once I deleted the league draft results and started anew, the issue now seems to be fixed. I just had to re-enter about 200 picks from the Cakeleeg draft today.

Using Mr.cheatsheet.com.

Haven't played around with it too much, but from what I've seen thus far I like. Breaks outfielders into separate positions and is mostly able to handle our unusual points scoring (can't quite get a couple settings but overall seems quite flexible).

Captain, you guys have Verlander as the #1 Starting Pitcher again this year?

Is this correct or are my settings wrong?

I took a couple years off of Fantasy baseball and I'm making my return this season.  I'm in a 14 team, 16-keeper, head-to-head points league and I'm looking for a new software to use?  What's the latest and greatest out now?

@Bigboy10182000

Fantistics is still my go to, been using it for years and still happy with the results. Has a live draft day dominator and all the in-season stuff (probably too much) you need. I'm probably just comfortable with it by now to bother looking at other options. If my team stunk every year I would change it up but I'm in contention every season partly due to them. 

Eta: also in a h2h points/keeper league. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what you are looking for here....

I've used Rotowire in the past as I liked their draft software.  

HOWEVER, the past 2-3 years I haven't used anything other than my own projections.  I had a great year last year and have decided to do 15+ leagues this year and decided to get Rotowire software.  

NOT a fan. In fact, this thing is ####### awful.  They made some interface changes, and this thing sucks.  Quite honestly, I'm probably going to ask for my money back for the first time ever with any fantasy sports product.  I'd avoid at all costs.  I actually was optimistic as I saw they snagged a few columnists (including Todd Zola of mastersball who I see now contributes there and I'm a fan), but this product is just ####.

There's my two cents.

I'm not sure what you are looking for here....

I've used Rotowire in the past as I liked their draft software.  

HOWEVER, the past 2-3 years I haven't used anything other than my own projections.  I had a great year last year and have decided to do 15+ leagues this year and decided to get Rotowire software.  

NOT a fan. In fact, this thing is ####### awful.  They made some interface changes, and this thing sucks.  Quite honestly, I'm probably going to ask for my money back for the first time ever with any fantasy sports product.  I'd avoid at all costs.  I actually was optimistic as I saw they snagged a few columnists (including Todd Zola of mastersball who I see now contributes there and I'm a fan), but this product is just ####.

There's my two cents.
Have you used Fantistics? It's pretty bad visually too...wondering which is worse.

I've used a couple of different ones, including Fantastics.

I like Draft Buddy's spreadsheet, but IMO his player pool just isn't deep enough. I find that even in a 10-teamer with 21-man rosters that guys are picked who are "off the board," and forget the majority of minor leaguers.

Fantastics is pricey, but I've been happy with it, for the most part. However, one issue I've had is that you have to designate a roster position every time you draft a player and it's hard to move them around toward the end. For instance, if it thinks you need a 1B even though you have one eligible slotted at another spot, it tries to force you into taking a 1B. Stuff like that. 

You can pay for just the draft software, the in-season stuff or both.

@Bigboy10182000

Fantistics is still my go to, been using it for years and still happy with the results. Has a live draft day dominator and all the in-season stuff (probably too much) you need. I'm probably just comfortable with it by now to bother looking at other options. If my team stunk every year I would change it up but I'm in contention every season partly due to them. 

Eta: also in a h2h points/keeper league. 
I used Fantastics last year and found it difficult to navigate. Very confusing. 

Used Masterball and really liked it, but it's not very customizable. Had help from Todd Zola to formulate it for my league, but last year he told he didn't have time to help me, so I went with Fantastics. If you're a computer programmer and need to customize Masterball, you'll do fine. I am not and just couldn't get it.

@Captain Hook

@Todd Zola

Is your Mastersball customizable yet for someone who's not very proficient with Excel? Or is it still only for normal 5x5 etc leagues?

I play in a 6x6:

K,QS,ERA, WHIP,SV, HD

HR, OBP, R, AVG, SB, RBI

Loved your program but couldn't figure out to customize it without Todds help. WOuld be wiling to pay again if you can explain how to customize to a clown like me.

Users who are viewing this thread