What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Solar Eclipse 2017 (1 Viewer)

I was at 99.5% and nobody told me this  :kicksrock:       What I saw very cool, but I was expecting it to get much darker than it actually got.
I was surprised at the difference.  You have to get the 100 percent.  Next time I am in the path of totality. 

The Weather Channel has great coverage. They have a gal at Madras, OR and during totality had silence except a bit of quiet, kinda space type music in the background. Once totality ended, they came back to the Weather Channel gal who was there and she was literally breathless and in tears at the awesomeness of it.
In tears

Ugh freaking typical.  I finally pick up a pair of solar glasses and I go out to use them and the moon was blocking my view.

Well I must say, What a helluva day. Made it to the ballpark a couple of hours before 1st pitch and had plenty of time to walk around and check out the stadium. Very nice BTW. Turns out today set a record for attendance for the Fireflies. Who needs Tebow? Also, there were people in attendance today from 35 different states. The family beside us was from NJ. To top all of that off the Fireflies won 6-5 on a walkoff HR in the 9th. Here's some pics, some are pretty good. 

Spirit Communications Park

The Mrs. and Me

Game Time

Yours Truly

Scoreboard

It's a Bird

It's a Plane

Our Seats

Mjolnirs

It has begun

Getting There

Almost

Breathtaking

Diamonds Anyone?

Totality

The Beginning of the End

Nice

Amazing

Bye-Bye

Just got back from Clemson.  Big crowd.  Pretty cool celebration  - and the clouds disappeared right at the right time.  Big cheer went up when totality hit.  Huge difference between 99.5% and all of it.  Really did get dark.  So clear you could see a solar flare at 5 o'clock.  Definitely something the kids (and the big kid) will always remember.

Totality

Tree eclipses

Really cool.  Saw 2 total people in the 2 days leading up to the eclipse.  Even more remote than I hoped.  Totallity was really eerie.

FreeBaGeL said:
For those underwhelmed that weren't in the path of totality, it is what it is.  This thing was always about totality.  There is a 1000x difference between 99% and 100% on this thing.  All the cool stuff happens at 100%.

For those underwhelmed that saw totality, well, I'm sorry you can't enjoy cool stuff.

This one was easy for me, just a few hundred miles away.  For 2024 I'm going to book as early as I can and make a trip out of it.
Same here. Going to get a hotel room in either Cape Girardeau or Carbondale. Both have more than 4 minutes of totality. All of my kids will be old enough to appreciate it with my youngest being 8 by then. She and the 4 year old had no idea it happened yesterday

Played 36 holes of golf with my son and found a nice vantage point on 16th hole for totality of about 1.5 minutes.  One of the cooler things I've experienced - Surprised by how cold it got.

Just got back from Clemson.  Big crowd.  Pretty cool celebration  - and the clouds disappeared right at the right time.  Big cheer went up when totality hit.  Huge difference between 99.5% and all of it.  Really did get dark.  So clear you could see a solar flare at 5 o'clock.  Definitely something the kids (and the big kid) will always remember.
Was corrected on this - these were Baily's Beads where light sneaks around/through craters/valleys in the moon's surface.  Which is pretty darn cool all in itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the family 350 miles to see it totality.  Great experience.  Looking forward to 2024.  Looking at the trees, seeing stars, etc was awesome.

“Payne looked up at the sun with her naked eye for a few seconds, but it was too bright.”

:cool:  

Users who are viewing this thread