What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Something I just noticed about the Duckett trade (1 Viewer)

Mungo Burrows

Footballguy
I couldn't find mention of this anywhere else. Apologies if it's an Accord.

With the trade of TJ Duckett to acquire Ashlie Lelie, the Atlanta Falcons have essentially used a first round pick on a Wide Receiver from FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS prior to this year.

2005 - 1.27 Roddy White

2004 - 1.29 Michael Jenkins

2003 - 1.23 to BUF for Peerless Price

2002 - 1.18 Duckett => Ashley Lelie

Not really of much relevance, just thought it was interesting so I decided I'd share.

:ph34r: Maybe they should have just made their #1 in 2001 a WR and been done with it?

True. All the receivers in the world wont make a difference with no one to throw 'em the ball. They gotta hell of a runner though. :thumbup:

True. All the receivers in the world wont make a difference with no one to throw 'em the ball. They gotta hell of a runner though. :thumbup:
:goodposting: This may be the year they figure this out. It is certainly time for Vick to put up or shut up.
They somehow win with him so I wont complain, but getting him Randy Moss and TO wouldnt cause him to actually hit a receiver all of a sudden.

I think the big difference between the Atlanta Falcons and the Detroit Lions is the QUALITY of the pick being spent. Atlanta's spent the 27th, 29th, 23rd, and 18th overall draft pick on WRs. Detroit spent a 2nd, 7th, and 10th overall pick on WRs.

According to a common pick value chart, Atlanta has spent the equivalent of 2980 points on WRs. Detroit spent 2600 on Rogers alone, 5400 total points on the three. And three of Atlanta's acquisitions are currently the #1, #2, and #3 WRs on the roster, while Detroit has one receiver running at #1 and two guys who are likely to both be cut.

I do agree that it's crazy when one team continually spends so much at one position, but while Atlanta's situation is a curiousity, Detroit's is one of the most historic draft blunders of all time.

I think the big difference between the Atlanta Falcons and the Detroit Lions is the QUALITY of the pick being spent. Atlanta's spent the 27th, 29th, 23rd, and 18th overall draft pick on WRs. Detroit spent a 2nd, 7th, and 10th overall pick on WRs.

According to a common pick value chart, Atlanta has spent the equivalent of 2980 points on WRs. Detroit spent 2600 on Rogers alone, 5400 total points on the three. And three of Atlanta's acquisitions are currently the #1, #2, and #3 WRs on the roster, while Detroit has one receiver running at #1 and two guys who are likely to both be cut.

I do agree that it's crazy when one team continually spends so much at one position, but while Atlanta's situation is a curiousity, Detroit's is one of the most historic draft blunders of all time.
Being the #1, #2, or #3 WR on that roster isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the Hall of Fame.

Being the #1, #2, or #3 WR on that roster isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the Hall of Fame.
Never said it was, but at least they're still on the roster and will likely remain there, whereas Rogers and BMW are both clearly and unequivocably busts at this point in time.

Users who are viewing this thread