What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Songs That You Automatically Associate With a Specific Movie or TV Scene (1 Viewer)

Love the movie, forgot the song was in it. I associate the song with the scene from Miami Vice with Crockett and Tubbs driving in the convertible.
Yeah, that's totally Miami Vice for me.

Can't find clips for them, but whenever I hear "China Grove" by the Doobie Brothers or "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers, I think of the Field of Dreams scenes when Costner and James Earl Jones are driving in the VW van.

Making Time - Creation

Rushmore Beekeeper montage

I feel like I could list every song from the Rushmore soundtrack in this thread. This one and the revenge montage to Quick One While He’s Away mentioned. Also just see the ending with Ooh La La, tree falling down for I am Waiting, and the Oh Yoko exercise montage. I’m sure others.

Wes Anderson may just have that effect on me. A lot of the Bowie songs in the UK thread reminded me of Life Aquatic, even though I haven’t seen that movie in years.

Actually this whole sequence in Goodfellas is an absolute masterpiece by Scorcese.

• "Jump into the Fire" by Harry Nilsson – The beginning of the "May 11, 1980 – 6:55 AM" helicopter sequence; Delivering guns to Jimmy.
  • "Memo from Turner" by Mick Jagger – Henry leaves Jimmy's with the unwanted guns.
  • "Magic Bus" by The Who (Live at Leeds version) – Frantic, intoxicated driving; Henry almost has a car accident.
  • "Jump into the Fire" by Harry Nilsson – (2nd time played) Henry drives his brother home from the hospital; Starting dinner; More helicopters.
  • "Monkey Man" by The Rolling Stones – (2nd time played) More frantic driving; Henry and Karen hide the guns at Karen's mother's house.
  • "What Is Life" by George Harrison – More frantic driving; Pick up guns again; Visit to the cocaine connection; Call from Sandy; Call to Lois; Lois calls from an inside line.
  • "Mannish Boy" by Muddy Waters – Last time at Sandy's place, mixing the coke; Dinner at the Hill's with children, Lois, and brother Michael.
  • "Jump into the Fire" by Harry Nilsson – (3rd time played) The drum solo of the song is played immediately before Henry is arrested in his driveway.

Limelight-Rush from "I Love You Man"

"School Of Rock" Immigrant Song- Led Zeppelin

Last edited:
"Suicide is Painless" always makes me think of the opening credits to M*A*S*H.

Similarly, the song "Woke Up This Morning" by Alabama 3 triggers memories of The Sopranos. Same with Massive Attack's "Teardrop" and the old TV show House. And maybe just because I'm old, but, Joe Cocker's version of "A Little Help From My Friends" sometimes reminds me of a show from my childhood called The Wonder Years.

"Suicide is Painless" always makes me think of the opening credits to M*A*S*H.

Similarly, the song "Woke Up This Morning" by Alabama 3 triggers memories of The Sopranos. Same with Massive Attack's "Teardrop" and the old TV show House. And maybe just because I'm old, but, Joe Cocker's version of "A Little Help From My Friends" sometimes reminds me of a show from my childhood called The Wonder Years.
This might be something most people know by now but Robert Altman had his teenage son write the lyrics for the theme song for MASH. His intention was to create the stupidest song ever written. His kid made more money off the song than Altman did for the movie.

Last edited:
I saw this title and immediately a song and movie came in my mind....Unfortunately I know neither the song nor the movie lol..... If anybody could help I appreciate it. It was the very beginning of the movie and a guy jumped out of a highrise window. The song was about there being nothing left there for him at that place and how dirty it was there and potentially about going home. If I remember correctly it was a pretty quirky movie. I remember it being a cool song ( or at least the coolest song Ive ever heard played while a dude jumps out of a window any way lol

I saw this title and immediately a song and movie came in my mind....Unfortunately I know neither the song nor the movie lol..... If anybody could help I appreciate it. It was the very beginning of the movie and a guy jumped out of a highrise window. The song was about there being nothing left there for him at that place and how dirty it was there and potentially about going home. If I remember correctly it was a pretty quirky movie. I remember it being a cool song ( or at least the coolest song Ive ever heard played while a dude jumps out of a window any way lol
Unfortunately can’t help you, but I’m sure you’re bound to get a few Al Bundy hmm…hmm…himms.

The end of Vanilla Sky?

The end of Vanilla Sky?
No..... almost positive it was at the beginning...like opening scene.... song was sort of a sad balad . Song was basically about there being nothing for him there.

The end of Vanilla Sky?
No..... almost positive it was at the beginning...like opening scene.... song was sort of a sad balad . Song was basically about there being nothing for him there.
Found it...... from

Who Is Harry Kellerman and Why Is He Saying Those Terrible Things About Me? last morning....dr hook

The end of Vanilla Sky?
I was going to post this one. It's The Nothing Song by Sigur Ros (man, are they trippy). I don't know of a song that better fits the mood of a scene. And I think I prefer the movie version to the album. But both set a great mood.

The other one that I can think of is Sgt Mackenzie from We Were Soldiers.

A lot of great ones posted.

Here's one that I think is lesser known but I love it.

In A Gadda Da Vida in Manhunter
Very good one.

Randomly, everything I can think of William Peterson in is a movie I really really like. This one, To Live and Die in LA, Cousins, Fear, Mullholland Drive, The Contender.

Further random: the killer in this scene above is the guy in the wheelchair that gives DeNiro the bank schematics in Heat.

Roy Orbison's Crying reminds me of Llorando from Mulholland Drive

And Thurston Harris' Little Bitty Pretty One is used to great effect when Christine kills Moochy

Users who are viewing this thread