What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spotlight Artist of whenever I feel like updating (2 Viewers)

Today's artist: The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

Check out:

Young Adult Friction

Heart in Your Heartbreak

A Teenager in Love

New to me. Really dig it.

Hey.. have you been listening to Geese? NYC HS kids who who were about to head off to college but ending up blowing up. The bass player played a ton with Floppinho at his school of rock class. They're a kind of post punk jam band.

This has been one of my favorite songs this year... https://youtu.be/LvHsLdYXfaY?si=ucatZx04aYcNWIV0

Check out:

Young Adult Friction

Heart in Your Heartbreak

A Teenager in Love

Hey.. have you been listening to Geese? NYC HS kids who who were about to head off to college but ending up blowing up. The bass player played a ton with Floppinho at his school of rock class. They're a kind of post punk jam band.

This has been one of my favorite songs this year... https://youtu.be/LvHsLdYXfaY?si=ucatZx04aYcNWIV0

I have not, thank you for the introduction. Pretty raw but like what I hear.

Tennessee

Punk rock died when the first kid said, "Punk's not dead. Punk's not dead."

Pretty much. I said that to a kid wearing that Exploited phrase on a leather jacket once at a bar. We were leaving when I said it. They followed us out of the bar. There was almost a brawl until they sized up my friends.

Okay, cool story, bro. But nice lyric.

I can't criticize the Silver Jews, really. Some of their lyrics are truly great. It's just sort of too much depressed melancholia for me.

Last edited:
Tennessee

Punk rock died when the first kid said, "Punk's not dead. Punk's not dead."

Pretty much. I said to a kid wearing that Exploited phrase on a leather jacket once at a bar. We were leaving when I said it. They followed us out of the bar. There was almost a brawl until they sized up my friends.

Okay, cool story, bro. But nice lyric.

I can't criticize the Silver Jews, really. Some of their lyrics are truly great. It's just sort of too much depressed melancholia for me.
When I listed that song at #6, with that lyric, I actually thought of you and that you would appreciate it.

And obviously, I’m all in on depressed melancholia.

And obviously, I’m all in on depressed melancholia.

For most people, there is nothing wrong with being in on melancholia. I personally can't live there. I'm sometimes so hyper-aware of injustices in the world (as are most on this board) and the possible meaningless of existence that I seek out art that is somewhat euphoric in both form and content.

But man, even with the limited exposure I have to him, could David Berman ever write! RIP with sadness for a genius no longer with us.

The Beach Boys

I just purchased two of those albums from Analogue Productions in glorious mono about a few months back.

Here are my favorite songs from each of the three albums listed.

Last edited:
Mac Miller

This underrated gem, which I think was one of his finest, with samples from the Duke, Duke Ellington.

Diablo.

Check the lyrics.

Follow me I can show you where we bes at
How'd I get my G pass
None of your ****ing bees wax

RIP

Very nice. I didn't pick up on that. Good ear.

I'd love to take credit, but I dug the sample so much I checked Who Sampled? It makes me look less cool, but it's an invaluable tool that I'd like to pass along in case you ever get the itch.

whosampled.com

Today's artist: Hoodoo Gurus

I never seem to hear this band discussed or see them show up on 80s playlists. A serious omission IMHO
The band I was in in HS covered at least 2 HG songs. Big fan of that first album.

You can't bury love... You gotta dig it up!

Check out:

Young Adult Friction

Heart in Your Heartbreak

A Teenager in Love

Blog it up?

Check out:

Young Adult Friction

Heart in Your Heartbreak

A Teenager in Love

Blog it up?

Still on my to do list to find a favorite to add to my thread.

Check out:

Young Adult Friction

Heart in Your Heartbreak

A Teenager in Love

Blog it up?

ok.

Check out:

Young Adult Friction

Heart in Your Heartbreak

A Teenager in Love

Blog it up?

ok.
You guys have this sorted?

Users who are viewing this thread