What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSHHHHhhhh (1 Viewer)

Gold Plated Nails

Footballguy
The most underated QB in the league Philip Rivers. In my two big money leagues, where the QB scoring is not the same, he ranks #1 in both of them, so I assume he is either #1 in your league or a very close. Still if you ask around people are doubting him, or just overlook him becuase of personal bias or whatever the reason. You still might be able to pick him up for a reasonable offer.

Norv has the passing game scorching, the schedule is pretty cake, Probowl tackle Marcus McNeil returned from injury last night and looked good, Gates said last night after the game he feels the best he has since the injury, Vjax is actually catching the ball, he has a Fullback who can make big plays in the passing game, and in the next 2 weeks his probowl center will return. I see no reason why he can't finish near the top of the league this season, especially if the Charger Defense continues to play hot/cold.

The most underated QB in the league Philip Rivers. In my two big money leagues, where the QB scoring is not the same, he ranks #1 in both of them, so I assume he is either #1 in your league or a very close. Still if you ask around people are doubting him, or just overlook him becuase of personal bias or whatever the reason. You still might be able to pick him up for a reasonable offer.Norv has the passing game scorching, the schedule is pretty cake, Probowl tackle Marcus McNeil returned from injury last night and looked good, Gates said last night after the game he feels the best he has since the injury, Vjax is actually catching the ball, he has a Fullback who can make big plays in the passing game, and in the next 2 weeks his probowl center will return. I see no reason why he can't finish near the top of the league this season, especially if the Charger Defense continues to play hot/cold.
You don't think people have noticed Rivers? :blackdot:

Also, keep this one under your hat too, but if you can snag Michael Turner, Reggie Bush, or Brandon Marshall, now's the time.

The most underated QB in the league Philip Rivers. In my two big money leagues, where the QB scoring is not the same, he ranks #1 in both of them, so I assume he is either #1 in your league or a very close. Still if you ask around people are doubting him, or just overlook him becuase of personal bias or whatever the reason. You still might be able to pick him up for a reasonable offer.Norv has the passing game scorching, the schedule is pretty cake, Probowl tackle Marcus McNeil returned from injury last night and looked good, Gates said last night after the game he feels the best he has since the injury, Vjax is actually catching the ball, he has a Fullback who can make big plays in the passing game, and in the next 2 weeks his probowl center will return. I see no reason why he can't finish near the top of the league this season, especially if the Charger Defense continues to play hot/cold.
You don't think people have noticed Rivers? :thumbup:
I didnt say people dont notice. I just said you might be able to get him at a reasonable offer. Not a bag of chips.

You don't think people have noticed Rivers? :thumbup:
I didnt say people dont notice. I just said you might be able to get him at a reasonable offer. Not a bag of chips.
Rivers is probably the top scoring QB's in all leagues. I doubt you can get him "reasonable" now.

You don't think people have noticed Rivers? :rolleyes:
Rivers is probably the top scoring QB's in all leagues. I doubt you can get him "reasonable" now.
In one of my leagues he has only got 1 start, the other league he has 2. One owner has Romo and Rivers. All Im saying is you might be able to get your mitts on him for a Brandon Jacobs or whatever.

The most underated QB in the league Philip Rivers. In my two big money leagues, where the QB scoring is not the same, he ranks #1 in both of them, so I assume he is either #1 in your league or a very close. Still if you ask around people are doubting him, or just overlook him becuase of personal bias or whatever the reason. You still might be able to pick him up for a reasonable offer.

Norv has the passing game scorching, the schedule is pretty cake, Probowl tackle Marcus McNeil returned from injury last night and looked good, Gates said last night after the game he feels the best he has since the injury, Vjax is actually catching the ball, he has a Fullback who can make big plays in the passing game, and in the next 2 weeks his probowl center will return. I see no reason why he can't finish near the top of the league this season, especially if the Charger Defense continues to play hot/cold.
Not to pile on, but the reason this is a funny thread is because Phillip Rivers' value has never been higher than it is right now. You would probably have to give up more to get him now than at any other point in his career. Why would you think that after starting this season with 3 great weeks and being the #1 QB in probably every league and format, that he would be sliding under anyone's radar? Plus, the whole "SSHHHHhhhh" thing begs for ridicule.

Not to pile on, but the reason this is a funny thread is because Phillip Rivers' value has never been higher than it is right now. You would probably have to give up more to get him now than at any other point in his career. Why would you think that after starting this season with 3 great weeks and being the #1 QB in probably every league and format, that he would be sliding under anyone's radar? Plus, the whole "SSHHHHhhhh" thing begs for ridicule.
fair enough, the SHhhh thing was just a way to get people to read the thread. Last week I said in the "Charger Team" thread to trade for him, but nobody replied at all. Probably should have started this thread last week to get some replies and dialogue.Most owners who drafted Rivers did so later in the draft and have guys like Manning/Romo/McNabb as a QB combo. Lots of times in leagues I play, people are so worried about their own players, who to pick up on the wire, start, etc, they dont look around for a possible trade. I bet he is easier to trade for then you think. But after another week or 2 he wont be. I disagree with the Buy High, I think he will go higher.

fair enough, the SHhhh thing was just a way to get people to read the thread. Last week I said in the "Charger Team" thread to trade for him, but nobody replied at all. Probably should have started this thread last week to get some replies and dialogue.Most owners who drafted Rivers did so later in the draft and have guys like Manning/Romo/McNabb as a QB combo. Lots of times in leagues I play, people are so worried about their own players, who to pick up on the wire, start, etc, they dont look around for a possible trade. I bet he is easier to trade for then you think. But after another week or 2 he wont be. I disagree with the Buy High, I think he will go higher.
I will agree with the OP here... the Rivers owner in my league drafted him as a backup to Manning. Last week I tried to work a deal for Rivers and the guy was more interested in trying to give me Manning!

I couldn't move the guy after week 1.... sometimes the best trades are the ones u don't make.

16 Teamer, I have a QBBC of Eli / Rivers / Orton / Penny... so you there are teams hurting in that league for QBs to.

I've been playing Eli over Rivers all 3 weeks... but thats going to change.

I couldn't move the guy after week 1.... sometimes the best trades are the ones u don't make.16 Teamer, I have a QBBC of Eli / Rivers / Orton / Penny... so you there are teams hurting in that league for QBs to.I've been playing Eli over Rivers all 3 weeks... but thats going to change.
The moment you make the swtich, Eli will go off and Rivers will have a bad game.

I couldn't move the guy after week 1.... sometimes the best trades are the ones u don't make.16 Teamer, I have a QBBC of Eli / Rivers / Orton / Penny... so you there are teams hurting in that league for QBs to.I've been playing Eli over Rivers all 3 weeks... but thats going to change.
The moment you make the swtich, Eli will go off and Rivers will have a bad game.
;) you might be better off letting him score all those points on the bench. lol

You don't think people have noticed Rivers? :loco:
In one of my leagues he has only got 1 start, the other league he has 2. One owner has Romo and Rivers. All Im saying is you might be able to get your mitts on him for a Brandon Jacobs or whatever.
Are you in one of my leagues?

This is probably the WORST possible time to try and acquire Rivers. If I was a Rivers owner and didn't need him, I would be looking to sell him now for a big upgrade elsewhere on my roster. His stock is as high as it has ever been and there is virtually no shot it goes any higher.

Lots of times in leagues I play, people are so worried about their own players, who to pick up on the wire, start, etc, they dont look around for a possible trade. I bet he is easier to trade for then you think.
If the Rivers owner is "so worried about their own players" how could it possibly be easy to trade for him? If only one person in your league is aware of the awesome start Rivers has gotten off to, you can bet it's the Rivers owner. It's not like he's unaware of the gold mine he's sitting on.
I disagree with the Buy High, I think he will go higher.
Higher than three straight weeks with 3 TD's to start the season?

Cutler is better long term.When LT is healthier they will go to him more.
I know this is conventional wisdom, but I actually think a healthy LT simply means that Rivers' production continues. Defenses will have to respect the run more than they do now, safeties will need to cheat up. Rivers may not get as many attempts, but I think receivers will have less to contend with. Norv has worked hard over the past year or two to establish a passing game and he's not going to go back now. I'm not suggesting that Rivers throws 3 TD's every game, but I am suggesting that SD is building one of the most lethal offenses in the league, which will get even better with a healthy LT.

I think Cutler and Rivers could be pretty even long term. I don't think SD has built the kind of receiving corp they have just to hand the ball off. They're preparing for life after LT. THIS could be the year it becomes River's team, not LT's team. And so far, I'd say Rivers has responded quite well.

SSHHHHhhhh, don't tell anyone but I think Marion Barber is going to be a stud this year. Trade for him before the secret gets out!!

All kidding aside, I think that this week might be the best week to try and get the OTHER QB that the Rivers owner has on their roster. One owner has Carson Palmer as his back-up. Whether or not you believe in Palmer or not, it's doubtful that you're going to get somebody like him or Manning cheaper than you can now.

I traded for him last week. I lost Brady week 1, and played Cassel week 2. I then traded Cassel & Thomas Jones for Rivers & McGahee. Jones was my RB2, but I already had Ryan Grant, Chris Johnson, Julius Jones, & Ray Rice. He needed RB help and already had Brees. Trade almost got voted dowm but it passed. I couldn't be happier.

I own Rivers and Cutler in a PPR and tried to trade Rivers after Week 2 and was turned down for Holmes straightup and also Jacobs straightup. I literally can't find any takers.

everydayj said:
All kidding aside, I think that this week might be the best week to try and get the OTHER QB that the Rivers owner has on their roster. One owner has Carson Palmer as his back-up. Whether or not you believe in Palmer or not, it's doubtful that you're going to get somebody like him or Manning cheaper than you can now.
Best post in this thread. That's where the value is.

Garts said:
I have Cutler, Rivers and Warner. Would love to trade one since I fail weekly in picking the highest score, but I think people are still more interested in riding out the surprise duds like Anderson and Palmer than trading for surprise QB studs. There are some big WR holes worrying a lot more owners right now.Funny thread, too.

I traded Cotchery and Santonio for Rivers last week in a 2 QB league. The owner had Romo and McNabb and needed depth so it worked out well for both.

If I hadn't made the trade last week though, I don't think I could have pulled the same one off this week, as Rivers is looking great.

Sweet Love said:
I own Rivers and Cutler in a PPR and tried to trade Rivers after Week 2 and was turned down for Holmes straightup and also Jacobs straightup. I literally can't find any takers.
So you couldnt find any takers? Now a week later it is being laughed at for offering that trade here? Some of you are all set with your jokes, perhaps you all play in the most cut throat football obsessed pro fantasy leagues in the world, but chances are if you phoned up every guy in your league right now as asked who was leading the league in QB scoring only half would say Rivers, perhaps not even the guy with Rivers.And I did mean well, and I still believe you can get him for a good deal right now, and I think he is going to finish near the top of the league when all the chips are counted. But its cool to make the jokes, so feel free.

Sweet Love said:
So you couldnt find any takers? Now a week later it is being laughed at for offering that trade here? Some of you are all set with your jokes, perhaps you all play in the most cut throat football obsessed pro fantasy leagues in the world, but chances are if you phoned up every guy in your league right now as asked who was leading the league in QB scoring only half would say Rivers, perhaps not even the guy with Rivers.And I did mean well, and I still believe you can get him for a good deal right now, and I think he is going to finish near the top of the league when all the chips are counted. But its cool to make the jokes, so feel free.
Any more Hot tips??? JFWU

Users who are viewing this thread