What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL2 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

QB 2.12 Tom Brady (5)

RB 3.05 Chris Wells (6)

RB 6.12 Clinton Portis (9)

RB 9.05 Darren McFadden (10)

RB 16.12 Kevin Faulk (5)

RB 18.12 Brian Westbrook (??)

WR 1.05 Andre Johnson (7)

WR 4.12 Percy Harvin (4)

WR 7.05 Derrick Mason (8)

WR 8.12 Donnie Avery (9)

WR 11.05 Malcom Floyd WR SD (10)

WR 12.12 Josh Cribbs Clev (8)

TE 5.05 Chris Cooley (9)

TE 10.12 Jermainie Gersham (6)

K 14.12 Ryan Longwell (4)

K 17.05 Ryan Succop KC (4)

D 13.05 Indy (7)

D 1505 Car (6)

real quick,i like the team.........QB is the stickler....will critique more later....the rest of you feel free.

Duke1948 said:
QB 2.12 Tom Brady (5)RB 3.05 Chris Wells (6)RB 6.12 Clinton Portis (9)RB 9.05 Darren McFadden (10)RB 16.12 Kevin Faulk (5)RB 18.12 Brian Westbrook (??) WR 1.05 Andre Johnson (7)WR 4.12 Percy Harvin (4)WR 7.05 Derrick Mason (8)WR 8.12 Donnie Avery (9)WR 11.05 Malcom Floyd WR SD (10)WR 12.12 Josh Cribbs Clev (8)TE 5.05 Chris Cooley (9)TE 10.12 Jermainie Gersham (6)K 14.12 Ryan Longwell (4)K 17.05 Ryan Succop KC (4)D 13.05 Indy (7)D 1505 Car (6)real quick,i like the team.........QB is the stickler....will critique more later....the rest of you feel free.
with only one QB this team should be stronger at other positions.....don't see it.......

6 Palmer

9 Orton

Bryant, Shipley, Gresham the bengals are obviously looking to improve the passing game. im expecting a bounce back season for palmer. orton was my best option towards the end of the qb2 run. i wanted to take a 3rd qb late but didnt see anything worth a damn.

8 michael Turner

6 fred Jackson

5 ricky Williams

8 Snelling

7 Foster

Turners slimmed down a bit after coming in heavy last year and going through the injuries. i have snelling for insurance. fred and ricky should be a great committe for rb2. fosters a gamble that may pay off. def worth it in the last round.

5 Marshall

6 Ocho Cinco

5 Ward

9 Gaffney

7 Burleson

was nervous going with 5 but by the time i was ready to draft a sleeper in the last 2 rounds i didnt see anyone worth taking and went with foster. at any rate ill put my top 3 up against anyone elses. i expect security blanket ward to not miss a beat with ben out. if the denver rookies dont heal in time or learn quickly enough gaffney will pay huge dividends. if burleson stays healthy hes going to go off. thats a big if though. looking back and knowing i would only take 5 i wouldve taken less of an injury risk than burleson as my 5th. o well.

7 Scheffler

8 Watson

9 ZMiller Jax

waited a while here and am still optimistic (tis the season) schef and watson in new systems where they may be more utilized. really like millers upside after those last 2 games. could be key here.

9 Bironas

only wanted one to bulk up above so i took a top guy

8 Eagles

10 Raiders

love eagles dst with those returners and am anxious to see how the rooks fit in. they had a great defensive draft. raiders did too for that matter. the qb play is sure to be better which should keep the dst off the field.

i like what i did here and am anxious to see how it works out. i dont remember drafting a team with 3 tes and 5wrs before. we shall see.

Duke1948 said:
QB 2.12 Tom Brady (5)RB 3.05 Chris Wells (6)RB 6.12 Clinton Portis (9)RB 9.05 Darren McFadden (10)RB 16.12 Kevin Faulk (5)RB 18.12 Brian Westbrook (??) WR 1.05 Andre Johnson (7)WR 4.12 Percy Harvin (4)WR 7.05 Derrick Mason (8)WR 8.12 Donnie Avery (9)WR 11.05 Malcom Floyd WR SD (10)WR 12.12 Josh Cribbs Clev (8)TE 5.05 Chris Cooley (9)TE 10.12 Jermainie Gersham (6)K 14.12 Ryan Longwell (4)K 17.05 Ryan Succop KC (4)D 13.05 Indy (7)D 1505 Car (6)real quick,i like the team.........QB is the stickler....will critique more later....the rest of you feel free.
with only one QB this team should be stronger at other positions.....don't see it.......
not sure i understand your point...it's only 1 pick and where i would have probably drafted a 2nd QB, i took Mason and Avery.........these are some of the QBs taken after 7.05(mason) henne, young, leinart, big ben(minus6 games) garrard and cassel was drafted right before my next pick(8.05).....i think i'll stick with mason over those.

Looking around at the teams, we all beat each other up pretty bad. No team stands out from the pack that I've seen.

QB - McNabb (9), Cassell (4)

I think McNabb is getting a raw deal. IMO, he's still an elite QB in this situation. In fact, he may be asked to do MORE than he was in Philly. I have zero faith in the ground game, so this puts McNabb behind the wheel to do it all. Casell is a competent backup that is not in danger of losing his job. Add McCluster to Bowe/Chambers, and this might be a team with some flashes here and there.

RB - Gore (9), Best (7), McGahee (8), Kev Smith (7)

So put me in the camp that thinks Gore is a Top 5 RB this year. Also put me in the camp that thinks Best is ROY material. Didn't do much else with this position, other than add McGahee who has to be underrated right?

WR - VJax (10), Boldin (8), Edelman (5), Benn (4), Tate (5), Jarrett ()

Love my 1-2 punch here, and I think I like having two of Brady's toys in this lineup. Benn is a sleeping giant. I just hope Freeman is the real deal, and Jarrett is a last round sleeper who coaches think has finally awoke this off-season. We shall see.

TE - Heath (5), Olsen (8)

Heath is underrated this season. Not stepping out on a limb when I think he catches 80 balls this year and will push for elite status. Let's face it, the tight end class is DEEP this year. Why pay a top price when you can get similar production many rounds later.

PK - Scobee (9)

Yep, just one.

DST - Saints (10), Redskins (9), Bills (6)

While I went with one kicker, 3 defenses allows for those weekly matchups. Defenses tend to go wild on occasion, so I'll see how this pans out.

Last edited by a moderator:
6.13 Reaper - Mathew Stafford, QB17, DET

9.04 Reaper - Jason Campbell, QB26, OAK

Back-end QB's. Probably looking to just tread water here.

Value Wise I think both of these QB's outperform their draft spots.. Stafford in particular has a chance to put up real good numbers. I see a few FBG Projections that basically take his 10 games from last year and adjust them for a full season. Sheesh, in my opinion that's where I would set his FLOOR.

By quickly looking, I believe If Campbell matches Oaklands QB output from last year he will outperform QB 26. I'm thinking he blows that away.

BSS's Grand Plan to draft a QB early and then Pimp QB's for 6 rounds surely helped the QB rush. Without an early QB I decided to wait as long as I could and I knew I had an early round 9 pick for my QB2.

It's a tough call - and you can win either way - But, I am a fan of drafting just 1 stud early in the SSL's once we get down to 18 rounds. Bottom line - It costs 2 picks before round 9 is over to get 2 decent QB's with little issues, that makes going Stud QB early very enticing.

1.04 Reaper - Ray Rice, RB4, BAL

4.13 Reaper - Felix Jones, RB23, DAL

8.13 Reaper - Michael Bush, RB38, OAK

10.13 Reaper - Tashard Choice, RB50 DAL

Stud at #1 RB is a great start... There are mixed reviews on Felix mostly do to injury concerns, I felt this pick was a bit of a swing with Survivor league "Go for it" mentality... Addai was probably the safer pick.. Just wanted a little Felix Jones in my overall mix where I don't own him anywhere else.

Choice was added to kind of insure that pick with Bush as a wild card who might just get the majority of carries in what should be an improved offense and team...

Really wanted Mcgahee to lock up that combo who TL swiped probably after making me wait 6 hours ;P Forced my hand with Choice there.

2.13 Reaper - Greg Jennings, WR11, GBP

3.04 Reaper - Sidney Rice, WR14, MIN

7.04 Reaper - Steve Breaston, WR37, ARZ

11.04 Reaper - Austin Collie, WR63, IND

12.13 Reaper - Brian Hartline, WR73, MIA

18.13 Reaper - Malcolm Kelly, WR98, WAS

Without Favre Rice will take a hit, Overall an ok group... I'm still chasing Jennings. I wouldn't normally do this after investing quite a bit last year but, from what I hear his Work ethic is as good as it gets and to me those are the guys I continue to chase believing the numbers will come in a real good offense. I'm shaky on these top 2 but, really almost every top 14 WR has a story that makes you think twice maybe except Andre Johnson...... Looking at FBG rankings I got WR's 8 and 9.....

Really sold on Hartline after hearing Fin fan after Fin fan dilerious over this guy as well as the opportunities he should have opposite Marshall... Another reason I look for guys like this is, as a Jets fan I realize Henne has more experience than Sanchez by a wide margin.. The Fins Defense shouldn't be quite as good... Bottom line - Miami should have better passing #'s than NY So, that means I picked up the Miami #2 WR for a lot less than what people are paying for the Jets 3rd WR - add that the Jets also have a better TE to steal more stats.

With Collie who can explode at times and Breaston I should be ok at WR.

5.04 Reaper - Owen Daniels, TE10, HOU

13.04 Reaper - Brandon Pettigrew, TE24, DET

I usually like to go big at TE and I usually like Daniels but, there is a risk with his injury... Might have been better off just grabbing Daniels backup, hmmm....

14.13 Reaper - Miami Dolphins Defense, DST19

15.04 Reaper - Robbie Gould, PK11, CHI

16.13 Reaper - Cleveland Browns Defense, DST28

17.04 Reaper - Nick Folk, PK21, NYJ

2 of my sleeper defenses - Cleveland has the return game and an improving D and again in comparing to the Jets, I don't think Miami is 18 Defenses behind NY....

Overall, I didn't have a great feel as the Draft progressed but, I'm probably talking myself into this team as I grade it.... With 16 teams of great drafters it's hard to accept that you will often feel uneasy about not getting all your guys...

BSS's Grand Plan to draft a QB early and then Pimp QB's for 6 rounds surely helped the QB rush. Without an early QB I decided to wait as long as I could and I knew I had an early round 9 pick for my QB2.
:shrug:

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Reaper said:

:unsure:
"Mid Tier Bums" :popcorn:

"QB IMO is becoming more important in FF usually the good teams have a stud QB leading the way"

:lmao: Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaper said:

:shrug:
"Mid Tier Bums" :goodposting:

"QB IMO is becoming more important in FF usually the good teams have a stud QB leading the way"

:thumbdown: Jesus.
Sorry Bro but I wouldnt even classify your two QBs as mid-tier bumms. More like bottom tier pond scum QBs with little hope for survival. LOL

Reaper said:

:excited:
"Mid Tier Bums" :shrug:

:excited: Jesus.
Sorry Bro but I wouldnt even classify your two QBs as mid-tier bumms. More like bottom tier pond scum QBs with little hope for survival. LOL
I already credited you with a plan that worked.....

"Oh everybody better grab their QB NOW!!!!!!!!!!" "Mad QB RUSH!!!!!!" "I'd hate the QB's you guys will get stuck with!!!!!!" "We're in the midst of the Sickest QB Grab in 10 years of Survivor Mocks"

I wanted to reply every time you spewed this #### but, figured it would just make it worse.

Masterful... :mellow: I learn something from BSS in every draft.

:mellow:

My team is still better than yours since your RB's are all #3 guys and I think you might have forgotten to list your #2 WR :mellow:

Reaper said:

:unsure:
"Mid Tier Bums" :goodposting:

:lmao: Jesus.
I already credited you with a plan that worked.....

"Oh everybody better grab their QB NOW!!!!!!!!!!" "Mad QB RUSH!!!!!!" "I'd hate the QB's you guys will get stuck with!!!!!!" "We're in the midst of the Sickest QB Grab in 10 years of Survivor Mocks"

I wanted to reply every time you spewed this #### but, figured it would just make it worse.

Masterful... :bow: I learn something from BSS in every draft.

:D

My team is still better than yours since your RB's are all #3 guys and I think you might have forgotten to list your #2 WR ;)
:popcorn:

1.14 A. Rodgers

8.03 M. Leinart

I should be set at QB with Rodgers and a decent backup in Leinart. I wanted a backup with good receivers to throw to and Leinart falls into that category as long as he doesn't get benched.

3.14 K. Moreno

4.03 P. Thomas

9.13 B. Tate

13.13 D. Ward

Running backs are decent. I really like Thomas and Tate. I took Moreno once S. Smith of the Giants was taken two picks before. Could have taken R. Matthews but he had the same bye as Thomas and Rodgers so I went with Moreno.

Hopefully Tate gets that starting job and Ward contributes in Tampa.

5.14 D. Bryant

6.03 J. Maclin

7.14 A. Bryant

10.03 M. Massaquoi

12.03 G. Tate

15.14 D. Thomas

I waited until round 5 to take my first receiver. Big mistake. Ended up with 3 rookies and 2 second years players to go along with A. Bryant. Maclin and Bryant should be decent. Massaquoi is number one in Cleveland but could catch 20 passes.

I need at least two among Bryant , Tate and Thomas to have good seasons. Was very surprised to get Thomas in the 15th round considering he went no later than early in the 13th round in the other drafts. Hopefully I got a steal there.

2.03 D. Clark

18.03 A. Hernandez

Have a top tight end in Clark. As long as he stays healthy I should be good at this position.

14.03 S. Gostkowski

16.03 L. Tynes

Wanted to get 2 good kickers. Feel good about this position.

11.14 Cowboys

17.14 Lions

Defense should be OK. I think the Dallas Defense is going to have a good season.

Overall I feel my team is average. Do not have any serious bye week issues but I just don't think I will get enough production out of my receivers to carry me very far. Compared to the other teams I should be middle of the pack.

I find QBs always go early in the Survivor drafts. BSS didn't start a rush, it was going to happen anyway.

In the past when I've waited for value to drop at QB, I end up with "project players". It worked with Warner one year, but it can sometimes suck too.

I seem to do better when I lock down the slot with a solid starter early - so that has been my more recent pattern.

The more I think about my team, I think my draft sucked as of the mid rounds. Drafting at the 15 spot has its challenges. The risks don't always pan out well.

Review of draft thoughts pending....but nice to see one gamble Welker in the 10th will pay here.

1.11 Mastershake - Randy Moss, WR2, NEP

2.06 Mastershake - Deangelo Williams, RB10, CAR

3.11 Mastershake - Cedric Benson, RB14, CIN

4.06 Mastershake - LeSean McCoy, RB21, PHI

5.11 Mastershake - Braylon Edwards, WR28, NYJ

6.06 Mastershake - Joe Flacco, QB15, BAL

7.11 Mastershake - Jeremy Shockey, TE15, NOS

8.06 Mastershake - Larry Johnson, RB35, WAS

9.11 Mastershake - Matt Hasselbeck, QB28, SEA

10.06 Mastershake - Wes Welker, WR56, NEP

11.11 Mastershake - Pittsburgh Defense, DST5

12.06 Mastershake - Roy Williams, WR71, DAL