What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL3 Draft Thread - 2011 (1 Viewer)

I'm going to be out for the nex few hours - pm to radballs with my next pick.
Me too Duck. I have your list and will send it along with mine to JP. I sure hope you get your first pick because I want number 2, lol.Edit: PM sent to Jeff at 6:47 ET.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Sinrman said:
Ok, I'll take him..

10.08 Pierre Thomas, RB, NO
Based on what should have been a 4 hour clock - this is now timeout #2Yellow Line is now on a 2 hour clock and I'm PM'ing Duck, Rad, and Pasquino to move this thing along.

'Yellow Line is Unoffcial said:
9.08 Lance Moore WR NOS
This pick came more than 8 hours after his turn - timeout #1
While this is true, about 4 hrs into his turn, he said to skip his pick and he'd get back to it which he did with the above pick. I don't think that causes a timeout, but I'd like to get a BnB ruling on that for future timeouts (he'd now be at one for the overnight). I'll pm him.

9.08 Lance Moore WR NOS
While this is true, about 4 hrs into his turn, he said to skip his pick and he'd get back to it which he did with the above pick. I don't think that causes a timeout, but I'd like to get a BnB ruling on that for future timeouts (he'd now be at one for the overnight). I'll pm him.
I think saying "skip me" is an excellent and unselfish way of doing this. I don't think he should be punished either...if my opinion even matters.

You have 8 hours to make the pick.

Stopping by 4.5 hours into your turn to say "skip me" is not making the pick.

The round 9 pick finally came 12.5 hours after he was on the clock.

Yellow's been OTC in round 10 for over 8 hours this time around as well......

Holding him to only 1 penalty will just delay this further in a future round.

9.08 Lance Moore WR NOS
I think saying "skip me" is an excellent and unselfish way of doing this. I don't think he should be punished either...if my opinion even matters.
:goodposting: to me its like giving someone a list..... just trying to keep things flowing

You have 8 hours to make the pick. Stopping by 4.5 hours into your turn to say "skip me" is not making the pick. The round 9 pick finally came 12.5 hours after he was on the clock.Yellow's been OTC in round 10 for over 8 hours this time around as well...... Holding him to only 1 penalty will just delay this further in a future round.
"Skip me" should count as an on-time pick...no penalty for that one.It's MAy, and this draft has been moving relatviely well except for a 36 hour hiccup. Relax.

is this the time in the draft where people start worrying about people having other things to do in their lives?

it's a free, slow, message board draft. chill out. telling people to skip them keeps the draft moving without holding everyone up. no way that deserves any type of penalty. in fact, it is the exact opposite.

You have 8 hours to make the pick. Stopping by 4.5 hours into your turn to say "skip me" is not making the pick. The round 9 pick finally came 12.5 hours after he was on the clock.Yellow's been OTC in round 10 for over 8 hours this time around as well...... Holding him to only 1 penalty will just delay this further in a future round.
"Skip me" should count as an on-time pick...no penalty for that one.It's MAy, and this draft has been moving relatviely well except for a 36 hour hiccup. Relax.
"Skip me" does count as a pick and triggers the start of the next clock.

"Skip me" does count as a pick and triggers the start of the next clock.
I'm good with this, so sorry if I posted too soon. Doesn't look like it mattered since Yellow hasn't been here yet anyway.I get both sides of the "argument", if you can even call it that. We slowed down quite a bit, so some drafters who have been in marathon, 5-6 week drafts are likely to not want that snoozefest to start again, and are concerned at this week's pace. OTOH, those who realize it is May and it doesn't matter a ton aren't concerned yet. It's fair on both sides.Since we're in Round 10 and >50% in, I think PM lists are starting to be more likely in use. As long as we are done in about 2 weeks (by June 3rd) I don't think it is going to matter a ton either way. We did only start about 2 weeks ago, so while this week has been slow as long as we don't lose people's interest and keep moving it will be fine.The only suggestion - if it isn't there anyway - is that we should specifically add the "Saying 'Skip me' counts" to the general rules. Since we've had several duplicate picks of late, that's basically the same thing (you made a choice, it really doesn't count, you got skipped, pick any time)

is this the time in the draft where people start worrying about people having other things to do in their lives?it's a free, slow, message board draft. chill out. telling people to skip them keeps the draft moving without holding everyone up. no way that deserves any type of penalty. in fact, it is the exact opposite.
:goodposting:

If Yellow Line doesn't show up for another pick, we should think about what to do.

Option a) keep cutting time in half and somewhat skewing the draft.

Option b) find a replacement drafter

I don't have an issue with his "skip me" pick, but he hasn't been back since and this will now mess up the draft if we just keep skipping his pick and cutting his time.

If he misses his pick here, I vote for option 2.

Per the rules (posted under WSL rules):

If you miss a pick your clock is cut in half. You can make up your pick at any time. If you miss two picks and haven't made them up when you come back on the clock for a third time, you'll be replaced. If your replaced, you will be suspended from further participation in these leagues at my discreation. If you have to bail due to circumstances beyond your control, at least let us know. I reserve the right at my discreation to make a pick for you if I feel the intregrity of the draft will be impacted. After the last pick of the draft is made (or the clock expires) everyone has 8 hours for any make-up picks.
He'll be down to 2 hrs after this, and if no pick by the next one, then he's replaced.Plus he will time out at 7:56 PDT (time of my pick + 4 hrs + 8 hrs off overnight), so about 35 minutes from now (I will pm next to get ready).

Per the rules (posted under WSL rules):

If you miss a pick your clock is cut in half. You can make up your pick at any time. If you miss two picks and haven't made them up when you come back on the clock for a third time, you'll be replaced. If your replaced, you will be suspended from further participation in these leagues at my discreation. If you have to bail due to circumstances beyond your control, at least let us know. I reserve the right at my discreation to make a pick for you if I feel the intregrity of the draft will be impacted. After the last pick of the draft is made (or the clock expires) everyone has 8 hours for any make-up picks.
He'll be down to 2 hrs after this, and if no pick by the next one, then he's replaced.Plus he will time out at 7:56 PDT (time of my pick + 4 hrs + 8 hrs off overnight), so about 35 minutes from now (I will pm next to get ready).
I'll post Sinrman's pick and mine @ 8:15 PDT give or take.

I just PM'ed Hell Toupee. He was on today. Not sure if he was PMed or not, but we should try and keep everyone informed - plus we have to check in if we're on just to see where we're at.

Sorry guys been gone all day , one D had a softball tournament & the other a lax game & was focused on the Bruins game . I was on FBG today on my iphone but there's no way on knowing you have a PM on the mobile site. Anyways I hate timing out & keeping people waiting sorry

12.06 Jacob Tamme TE IND

Users who are viewing this thread