What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL4 - Comments (2 Viewers)

From my point of view, I am just doing my best to explain my perspective on the pick and respond to all comments. I think that these drafts help all participants to see how others rank and value both positions and players.Hopefully discussing rather than arguing. All with the thought of preparing for this season's fantasy drafts.
yeah I don't understand the problem here. I enjoy hearing two quality drafters going back and forth on a player. If not to discuss players / strategy, I don't know why else these drafts are done.

From my point of view, I am just doing my best to explain my perspective on the pick and respond to all comments. I think that these drafts help all participants to see how others rank and value both positions and players.Hopefully discussing rather than arguing. All with the thought of preparing for this season's fantasy drafts.
yeah I don't understand the problem here. I enjoy hearing two quality drafters going back and forth on a player. If not to discuss players / strategy, I don't know why else these drafts are done.
I agree, since when can't people trash talk another player and have a little fun at the owners expense?I'm in a league where it is treated like church instead of fantasy football, no talk allowed. Hope this site does not end up that way. :boxing:

this is exactly it.....just having discussion....think some may be taking that out of context if they think we are argueing at all.....think most know that in here...not one bit of sour grapes....and Holloway....not saying this is an arguementative way at all, but in your post in the draft thread I took it that you were basically saying that the 2012 version of Griffin/Moss was going to equal that of 2011 Newton/Smith...now it's just that Moss will produce at WR43.....if he produces at WR 43 it will be nothing like what Newton/Smith did in 2011...

I will try once again......

Steve Smith finished consecutive years at WR16, WR5 and WR19 before falling off the cliff in 2010 with 100-46-554 & 2 TDs finishing WR69.

Many wrote him off being teamed with rookie QB Newton and neither was expected to be successful in 2011.

Santana Moss finished similarly at 17, 33 and 18, not as high as Smith but still pretty good. Then last year had almost exact numbers as Smith with 95-46-584 & 4. Griffin is being drafted much much higher than Newton a year ago, so although I do not expect Newtonesque success, some are and they say so with their drafting.

Moss is getting no bump and apparently is not worth WR 43, even though he finished at 17, 33 and 18.

I was only indicating a similar bargain potential and that the rookie QB would probably lean on his most experienced WR. I never expected that the WR 43 would produce WR 6 numbers, only that their synergy would be like Smith and Newton from a year ago. I have him currently at WR 40 and think that he can likely do better than that.

Guess my use of = was what was misunderstood.

For the record, what do you see for S.Moss in 2012?

I will try once again......

Steve Smith finished consecutive years at WR16, WR5 and WR19 before falling off the cliff in 2010 with 100-46-554 & 2 TDs finishing WR69.

Many wrote him off being teamed with rookie QB Newton and neither was expected to be successful in 2011.

Santana Moss finished similarly at 17, 33 and 18, not as high as Smith but still pretty good. Then last year had almost exact numbers as Smith with 95-46-584 & 4. Griffin is being drafted much much higher than Newton a year ago, so although I do not expect Newtonesque success, some are and they say so with their drafting.

Moss is getting no bump and apparently is not worth WR 43, even though he finished at 17, 33 and 18.

I was only indicating a similar bargain potential and that the rookie QB would probably lean on his most experienced WR. I never expected that the WR 43 would produce WR 6 numbers, only that their synergy would be like Smith and Newton from a year ago. I have him currently at WR 40 and think that he can likely do better than that.

Guess my use of = was what was misunderstood.

For the record, what do you see for S.Moss in 2012?
43/682/4 at the floor.

I should have clarified. I don't mind the going back and forth. Honestly, thats probably how I've learned the most about FF by reading the back and forth opinions in the Shark Pool. I just thought Stephen gave his thought prosess multiple times already and felt like people were still asking him to explain himself. Carry on.

Steve Smith may have had an awful season in 2010, but he was still the best WR on the team.

Moss was not the best WR on the team last year if I remember correctly..

In case anyone missed it in the draft pick thread, BassNBrew stated that all clocks will be cut in half starting at 8am tomorrow morning.

In case anyone missed it in the draft pick thread, BassNBrew stated that all clocks will be cut in half starting at 8am tomorrow morning.
I will be traveling for work tomorrow and unavailable for a good part of the day, but hopefully will get a couple picks in tonight or early tomorrow morning before I leave

Is something funny going on with the boards, or did I have too much to drink at my kid's 4th b-day party...I pray it is the former...

Got boned on the Zack Miller pick.. Thanks a lot Winslow!!
It's May, maybe Miller finds himself in a better location. What if he were cut and say suddenly signed on a team like Miami for instance...would you hate him as much then? I still think a lot of teams know that Miller has some talent...if Seattle does not plan to use him as much maybe he can be bought for the right price. I like him CH, think he has a chance at a bounce back year. Not high on the Seattle passing game though.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Carolina Hustler said:
Got boned on the Zack Miller pick.. Thanks a lot Winslow!!
Unless Seattle can get better at psss protection this year, I don't think either of them will be doing much. I read somewhere that Seattle used 2-TE sets more than any other team last year, but most of the time they were only there for their blocking.

The Clark thing is a head scratcher for me. If he gets blown up as a blocker and drops passes...nice to see you mention this may be an op for Benn.

Benn is still young and with Winslow gone if Clark can't stay healthy, more opportunity in an open field
Benn was only 7-8 months removed from an ACL tear and had a terrible off season with the lockout trying to come back...season 3, I see him actually playing his way into the starting line up. I really just didn't have the room and with short rosters...some of these late WR picks are gonna explode, good to have a couple lottery tickets. I see tremendous upside for the guy I took, Hankerson. Most owners have at least 1 long shot home run they hope lands. Nice pick Mr. Holloway.

QB

4.15 Matt Ryan-7

8.15 Mark Sanchez-9

I was happy to land the Iceman in the 4th. I panicked a little on QB2 as so many flew off the board. Sanchez plays Buffalo in week 9 and I don't expect him to hit my starting roster very often. I do expect Sanchez to be a large part of the jets offense however.

RB

1.15 Trent Richardson-10

7.15 Willis McGahee-7

8.02 David Wilson-11

9.15 Isaiah Pead-9

Only 4 deep, gonna be rough if TRich does not take right way or produces like Ingram did as a rookie. I have 3 rookies but I had to do that in order to gain value. I feel both Wilson and Pead will see extensive action.

WR

2.02 Steve Smith-6

3.15 Jordy Nelson-10

5.02 Brandon Lloyd-9

11.15 Leonard Hankerson-10

12.02 James Jones-10

18.02 Donald Jones-7

I like my receivers, double dipped on Green Bay which is never a bad thing. i have Cam throwing to Smith, Rodgers to Jordy and JJ, and Brady throwing it to Lloyd. I am optimistic on Hankerson and Donald Jones looked very promising until an injury derailed his season last year. Plenty of balls to go around in Buffalo.

TE

6.02 Jacob Tamme-7

13.15 Scott Chandler-8

I'm comfortable with this even if others are not.

PK

14.02 Garret Hartley-6

16.02 Shayne Graham-8

Def/St

15.15 St Louis-9

17.15 Jacksonville-6

Def and PK were not a big priority for me...grabbing a 2nd PK that likely has won the starting job was important however.

Overall this is not a super flashy team and I took some risk with a lot of rookies at RB. Many years I have really liked my team only to watch it fall apart. This year I am a little more neutral but overall I feel like I can at least move up to SSL3/SSL2, we'll see how it plays out. GL everyone, have a great Memorial Day Weekend.

One more thing, I've been doing these for a long time, same as many of you. This was by far the most enjoyable one I have been drafting in. You guys were all great and I appreciated the speed of the draft. Thanks everyone and especially to those that keep the draft board updated.

QB:

7.06 - Freeman (5)

13.06 - Skelton (10)

17.06 - Mike Kafka (7)

I am fine with this group. It is the area I chose to wait on in order to get players I wanted at other positions and feel that Freeman should bounce back. I was getting nervous when Sanchez/Tebow went off the board, but I like the selection of Skelton. I think he has a 50/50 shot (as of today), to win the job throwing to Fitz/Floyd (not a bad gig). Kafka was a Hail Mary, but I will say, Vick has only played 16 games in his career once.

RB:

3.06 - Adrian Peterson (11)

5.06 - Shonn Greene (9)

8.11 - Toby Gerhart (11)

9.06 - Shane Vereen (9)

I find this group to be average...I went with Greene because i know he will get his minimal numbers and I was seeking a player I could trust to be in the same exact role in September as he is today. I did pass up Maclin to get him, and Maclin with Calvin and Roddy would have been nice. If I do not grab another RB, I will be starting both Minny RBs in week 9.

WR:

1.06 - Calvin Johnson (5)

2.11 - Roddy White (7)

6.11 - Pierre Garcon (10)

12.11 - Brian Hartline (7)

16.11 - Earl Bennett (6)

Like these guys all around. Calvin and Roddy should keep me in it most weeks and I have three decent WRs to take turns with the third highest WR score weekly.

TE:

4.11 - Brandon Pettigrew (5)

10.11 - Heath Miller (4)

Not planning on going heavy here, but I felt Miller really dropped and figured I may as well make TE a position of strength on my team. I was also a little worried about having two of my top 4 picks on the same team, so Miller may end up being a real blessing.

Def:

11.06 - Philadelphia

14.11 - Minnesota

K

15.06 - Matt Prater

Matthew Stafford - QB5 - DET (5)

Jake Locker - QB29 - TEN (11)

I like Stafford a lot throwing to CJ and several other solid targets. At the point I grabbed Locker I felt he had by far the best chance of being a top 20 QB of the guys on the board. I realize their is a risk of him not starting, but I can't imagine why the Titans would not play him as he was decent last year in limited action and Hasselback is nothing special anymore. Time for them to see what they have in Locker. Britt will help him have some good games.

Steven Jackson - RB17 - STL (9)

BenJarvus Green Ellis - RB27 - CIN (8)

Mark Ingram - RB29 - NOS (6)

Ben Tate - RB37 - HOU (8)

Just average here but with potential. Jackson is solid every week and the Rams offense can't get any worse than last year. I am also counting on BJGE to be steady and then hoping to hit some big weeks out of Ingram and Tate who are talented guys in prolific offenses. I particularly like Tate who could have some huge games if Foster misses time and even when Foster plays, Tate still puts up decent numbers.

Larry Fitzgerald - WR2 - ARI (10)

Marques Colston - WR16 - NOS (6)

Randy Moss - WR48 - SFO (9)

Laurent Robinson - WR61 - JAC (6)

Randall Cobb - WR64 - GBP (10)

Deion Branch - WR87 - NE (9)

Counting on Fitz & Colston to be studs every week. Was hoping to grab Henderson late as insurance to Colston. Moss is a total gamble but maybe he catches some TD's to contibute. L. Robinson is a good player in a bad offense. Cobb could have some big games although likely not consistently. Branch is in the right offense to have some good games as well.

Jared Cook - TE18 - TEN (11)

Marcedes Lewis - TE27 - JAC (6)

Not thrilled with this combo but considering how late I selected them I can't complain. Hoping Cook finally lives up to his hype and the Jags will not be totally terrible throwing the ball

Lawernce Tynes - PK18 - NYG (11)

Dan Carpenter - PK23 - MIA (7)

Two starting kickers, one in a good offense. Good enough

Cincinnati Bengals - DEF17 - CIN (8)

Carolina Panthers - DEF28 - CAR (6)

Nothing special here. Would be happy to be middle of the pack

In order to contend I need Stafford to stay healthy and Fitz to be a stud and also to at least partially hit on some of my wildcards like Ingram/Tate/Moss.

I was the first one out last year in my first attemp at this so I can't get any worse. On the other hand sucking last year kept me out of the SSL2 & SSL3 drafts that have turned into train wrecks so it was not all bad.

I also appreciated the speed of the draft this year. Well done

Matthew Stafford - QB5 - DET (5)Jake Locker - QB29 - TEN (11) I like Stafford a lot throwing to CJ and several other solid targets. At the point I grabbed Locker I felt ha had by dar the best chance of being a top 20 QB's of the guys on the board. I realize their is a risk of him not atarting, but I can't imagine why the Titans would not play him as he was decent last year in limited action and Hasselback is nothing special anymore. Time for them to see what they have in Locker. Britt will help him have some good games.Steven Jackson - RB17 - STL (9) BenJarvus Green Ellis - RB27 - CIN (8)Mark Ingram - RB29 - NOS (6) Ben Tate - RB37 - HOU (8) Just average here but with potential. Jackson is solid every week and the Rams offense can't get any worse than last year. I am also counting on BJGE to be steady and then hoping to hit some big weeks out of Ingram and Tate who are talented guys in prolific offenses. I particularly like Tate who could have some huge games if Foster misses time and even when Foster plays, Tate still puts up decent numbers.Larry Fitzgerald - WR2 - ARI (10) Marques Colston - WR16 - NOS (6) Randy Moss - WR48 - SFO (9) Laurent Robinson - WR61 - JAC (6)Randall Cobb - WR64 - GBP (10)Deion Branch - WR87 - NE (9) Counting on Fitz & Colston to be studs every week. Was hoping to grab Henderson late as insurance to Colston. Moss is a total gamlbe but maybe he catches some TD's to contibute. L. Robinson is a good player in a bad offense. Cobb would have some big games although likely not consistently. Branch is in the right offense to have some good games as well.Jared Cook - TE18 - TEN (11) Marcedes Lewis - TE27 - JAC (6) Not thrilled with this combo but considering how late I selected them I can't complain. Hoping Cook finally lives up to his hype and the Jags can not be totally terrible throwing the ballLawernce Tynes - PK18 - NYG (11)Dan Carpenter - PK23 - MIA (7)Two starting kickers, one in a good offense. Good enoughCincinnati Bengals - DEF17 - CIN (8) Carolina Panthers - DEF28 - CAR (6)Nothing special here. Would be happy to be middle of the packIn order to contend I need Stafford to stay healthy and Fitz to be a stud and also to at least partially hit on some of my wildcards like Ingram/Tate/Moss.I was the first one out last year in my first attemp at this so I can't get any worse. I also appreciated the speed of the draft this year.
No criticism, just wondering. If you're concerned about Locker why pass up Hasselback there for Branch who himself may not make the final roster? Though I believe he will.

Matthew Stafford - QB5 - DET (5)Jake Locker - QB29 - TEN (11) I like Stafford a lot throwing to CJ and several other solid targets. At the point I grabbed Locker I felt ha had by dar the best chance of being a top 20 QB's of the guys on the board. I realize their is a risk of him not atarting, but I can't imagine why the Titans would not play him as he was decent last year in limited action and Hasselback is nothing special anymore. Time for them to see what they have in Locker. Britt will help him have some good games.Steven Jackson - RB17 - STL (9) BenJarvus Green Ellis - RB27 - CIN (8)Mark Ingram - RB29 - NOS (6) Ben Tate - RB37 - HOU (8) Just average here but with potential. Jackson is solid every week and the Rams offense can't get any worse than last year. I am also counting on BJGE to be steady and then hoping to hit some big weeks out of Ingram and Tate who are talented guys in prolific offenses. I particularly like Tate who could have some huge games if Foster misses time and even when Foster plays, Tate still puts up decent numbers.Larry Fitzgerald - WR2 - ARI (10) Marques Colston - WR16 - NOS (6) Randy Moss - WR48 - SFO (9) Laurent Robinson - WR61 - JAC (6)Randall Cobb - WR64 - GBP (10)Deion Branch - WR87 - NE (9) Counting on Fitz & Colston to be studs every week. Was hoping to grab Henderson late as insurance to Colston. Moss is a total gamlbe but maybe he catches some TD's to contibute. L. Robinson is a good player in a bad offense. Cobb would have some big games although likely not consistently. Branch is in the right offense to have some good games as well.Jared Cook - TE18 - TEN (11) Marcedes Lewis - TE27 - JAC (6) Not thrilled with this combo but considering how late I selected them I can't complain. Hoping Cook finally lives up to his hype and the Jags can not be totally terrible throwing the ballLawernce Tynes - PK18 - NYG (11)Dan Carpenter - PK23 - MIA (7)Two starting kickers, one in a good offense. Good enoughCincinnati Bengals - DEF17 - CIN (8) Carolina Panthers - DEF28 - CAR (6)Nothing special here. Would be happy to be middle of the packIn order to contend I need Stafford to stay healthy and Fitz to be a stud and also to at least partially hit on some of my wildcards like Ingram/Tate/Moss.I was the first one out last year in my first attemp at this so I can't get any worse. I also appreciated the speed of the draft this year.
No criticism, just wondering. If you're concerned about Locker why pass up Hasselback there for Branch who himself may not make the final roster? Though I believe he will.
I considered Hasselback and even more so Shaun Hill but decided to grab another WR from a good offense although most of the ones I was looking at had been taken while I was trying to make sure I got a couple defenses and a kicker. I was talking to a Titans fan yesterday who said he would be pretty shocked and the fan base not happy if Locker does not start. So I guess I am comfortable with Locker as my QB2. If Stafford goes down I am likely in trouble either way.

Phillip Rivers (7)

Alex Smith (9)

Rivers had a horrible year last year and was still a top 10 QB in most leagues. I fully expect his numbers to be better this year as he distributes to a lot of different players each game. Smith showed lots of improvement last year and has a bunch of shiny new weapons this year. I like this combo and Smith gets a solid matchup versus the Seahawks during Rivers bye.

Ahmad Bradshaw (11)

Beanie Wells (10)

Felix Jones (5)

Knowshon Moreno (7)

Not a big fan of this group. Bradshaw and Wells have young guys pushing for playing time. Felix is at best splitting carries with Murray, but if he can stay healthy he could have a few good games. Moreno was more of shot in the dark and hopefully he either gets some time as Hillman develops or gets moved to a team to get a new start. I have 4 guys with no bye week conflicts and all have potential for big games I just hope they can spread them out.

Greg Jennings (10)

Sidney Rice (11)

Danny Amendola (9)

Emmanuel Sanders (5)

Juron Criner (5)

Plaxico Burress (FA)

I love having Jennings, but since the Packers have so many weapons he could have some weeks where he is just a decoy. Rice and Amendola need to stay healthy to be productive. Hopefully Sanders can step into the Hines Ward role and be productive. Criner and Burress were picks that I hope can give me the occasional big week. Overall, this is my weakest position and that is saying something on this crappy team.

Rob Gronkowski (9)

Greg Olsen (6)

I need these 2 to be stars almost every week. Gronk is still going to be a red zone threat in a great offense and hopefully Olsen can continue developing his chemistry with Cam.

David Akers (9)

Randy Bulluck (8)

Two kickers. One is a solid vet that is on an team that isn't afraid to kick FG's and then let the defense hold on to leads. One is a rookie that was handed a job on a team with a solid offense and again another team that isn't afraid to kick FG's and let the defense play.

New York Giants (11)

Kansas City Chiefs (7)

One defense that should be solid every week and really get after the QB. The other defense that is young and and is solid up front, at LB, and should be better in the secondary with the return of Berry.

Overall, I do not like this team. I don't think I have many strengths and I have a lot of weaknesses. There a lot of players that I am "hoping" with and that is not usually a good thing in survivor leagues. I may get lucky and stick around a few weeks, but I will predict an early exit.

6.05 Pictus Cat - Matt Schaub - QB14 - HOU (8)

10.05 Pictus Cat - Tim Tebow - QB30 - NYJ (9)

Below average. I waited for value....and waited.

1.12 Pictus Cat - Chris Johnson - RB5 - TEN (11)

7.12 Pictus Cat - Donald Brown - RB34 - IND (4)

8.05 Pictus Cat - James Starks - RB38 - GBP (10)

11.12 Pictus Cat - Kevin Smith - RB54 - DET (5)

This could be solid...or each one of them could burn me. Timing of their production will be important.

2.05 Pictus Cat - Wes Welker - WR4 - NEP (9)

4.05 Pictus Cat - Miles Austin - WR18 - DAL (5)

5.12 Pictus Cat - Eric Decker - WR26 - DEN (7)

9.12 Pictus Cat - Vincent Brown - WR47 - SDC (7)

12.05 Pictus Cat - Brandon LaFell - WR65 - CAR (6)

15.12 Pictus Cat - Jerome Simpson - WR70 - MIN (11)

The starters are a very good group. SDC receiving options don't seem to disquish themselves from eachother, so I thing V. Brown should get some production and opportunity. This group should fill 3 spots very well.

3.12 Pictus Cat - Vernon Davis - TE7 - SFO (9)

18.05 Pictus Cat - Kellen Davis - TE31 - CHI (6)

SF invested in its WRs, so maybe VD gets some better looks. KD should get more opportunities with Martz gone and has shown potential.

14.05 Pictus Cat - Dan Bailey - PK6 - DAL (5)

16.05 Pictus Cat - Billy Cundiff - PK20 - BAL (8)

13.12 Pictus Cat - Atlanta Falcons - DEF16 - ATL (7)

17.12 Pictus Cat - Cleveland Browns - DEF30 - CLE (10)

Two each. Byes staggered. Week VD & Welker are off, rest of team pitching in.

You know what they say about value, you just got what nobody wanted before you. Hopefully all these guys pull together an outperform their draft postitions to give me steady production.

QB – Roethlisberger 4.14 (4) and Bradford 8.14 (9)

My thoughts on drafting QB this year are that the first four or five (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Newton and Stafford) are going to be drafted way too high. There is a solid group of six more (E. Manning, Vick, Romo, Rivers, Ryan, and Roethlisberger) that are capable of competing with the first five and can be drafted much later. Even Cutler, Schaub and P. Manning could compete and I will likely be going with one of the 4Rs above most of this season. I wanted to get a second one sooner that I did, but really like the value of Bradford at QB #22. No bye week problems at QB.

RB – McCoy 1.3 (7), Lynch 2.14 (11), LeShoure 10.14 (5) and B. Pierce 18.14 (8)

My draft plan was altered for this league with the early first round pick. I generally devalue RB when comparing to WR and TE, especially with 2 ppr for TE, but with the 3rd overall pick, I wanted to grab one of the top pass catching RBs. I think that I am in the minority, but I valued Lynch as the last of the top tier RBs when I was up at 2.14 and could not believe that I went RB/RB back to back. After that, I waited a long time to heavily consider the position because in today’s NFL, the number of consistent RBs are few and far between. With RBs on each of the first two picks, if they stay healthy and perform as I expect, then I should not be vastly outscored by other teams. I added LeShoure as the Lions really need someone to step up and the opportunity is there. Added Pierce with my last pick based on historic use of the second RB by the Ravens as much as anything. Again, no bye week issues at RB.

WR – Marshall 3.3 (6), Boldin 7.3 (8), S. Moss 9.3 (10), J. Baldwin 11.3 (7), Benn 16.14 (5), and Damian Williams 17.3 (11)

I believe that in ppr best ball leagues, WR is the most important position, particularly when you are required to have three scoring each week. I like Marshall back teamed with Cutler and think that Boldin will continue to have many targets in Baltimore. I already discussed S. Moss so I will not go there. Baldwin, Benn, and Damian Williams are all three players that I think will have continuous roles with their teams and can provide at least two or three weeks scoring each. I actually considered grabbing another WR for my last pick, but could not pull the trigger to go with only three RBs. Again no bye issues.

TE – Daniels 5.3 (8) and Keller 6.14 (9)

I am weaker at this position than many as I do not have a top five guy here, in fact each of these could play well and still finish outside the top ten. I do think that they both presented some value though as Houston allowed Dreesen to leave and did not add much at WR. Keller is a very talented player who dropped farther than he should based on the Jets’ QB situation and I think that he will outproduce his ADP this season.

PK – Kaeding (7) and Hanson (5) – a nice weather team kicker and a dome guy, both in solid offenses

DST – Detroit (5) and New England (9) – The Lions have an outstanding DL and could increase their forced turnovers with an improved rush. The Patriots drafted a slew of defensive players and should be improved.

Feel free to critique and ask questions as to further player considerations. Great draft everyone!

4.10 CommuterMan - Peyton Manning - QB11 - DEN (7)

8.10 CommuterMan - Joe Flacco - QB21 - BAL (8)

Two QBs that I feel will finish above their draft position as QB11 & QB21 provided both stay healthy and play 16 games. Manning will quickly settle into the Bronco offense and Flacco should continue his development.

1.07 CommuterMan - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB4 - JAC (6)

2.10 CommuterMan - Frank Gore - RB10 - SFO (9)

6.10 CommuterMan - DeAngelo Williams - RB31 - CAR (6)

7.07 CommuterMan - Isacc Redman - RB33 - PIT (4)

I still love having MJD and Gore to anchor the RB position. Both are on offenses that control the game by running the ball. Getting DWilliams and Redman to round out the position meant that I didn't have to chace back-up RBs hoping to get the right #2 guy...

3.07 CommuterMan - Dez Bryant - WR13 - DAL (5)

5.07 CommuterMan - Jeremy Maclin - WR24 - PHI (7)

9.07 CommuterMan - Titus Young - WR46 - DET (5)

11.07 CommuterMan - Kendall Wright - WR56 - TEN (11)

17.07 CommuterMan - Devery Henderson - WR80 - NOS (6)

18.10 CommuterMan - Josh Morgan - WR89 - WAS (10)

Added Wright, Henderson and Morgan after the turn and I like all four to be in the mix each week to step-up and have a big game if a defense focuses to shutdown the #1 WR on each of these teams.

10.10 CommuterMan - Ed Dickson - TE22 - BAL (8)

14.10 CommuterMan - Dallas Clark - TE29 - TB (5)

I'm happy with my two TEs given that I waited so long to pick them. Dickson can have a 'Gronk' type impact on the Ravens offense if given the chance and eventhough Clark is not catching passes from Manning anymore and is getting up there in age I think that he will benefit in the TB offense where defenses will need to stop VJax, Williams and Martin.

15.07 CommuterMan - Rob Bironas - PK12 - TEN (11)

16.10 CommuterMan - Shaun Suisham - PK20 - PIT (4)

12.10 CommuterMan - Green Bay Packers - DEF9 - GBP (10)

13.07 CommuterMan - Denver Broncos - DEF15 - DEN (7)

I really like the Packers and Bronco defenses to benefit from their high-powered offenses that will force the opponents to play catch-up football throughout the game and setting up the defenses for higher sack totals and turnovers.

I think that my roster has the makings of finishing in the top 4-5 teams and with the right breaks over the season coming out on top in the end. But it is a long season and there is much football to be played before we even get to the regular season.

As always best of luck to everyone and I know it's not always possible but given that these leagues may now end up on MFL, it would be fun to keep some commentary going through-out the season on the message boards or here on the forums if the leagues are kept on Twilight's system. Great draft and good luck to all you left fighting for 2nd place!! :excited:

'Pictus Cat said:
6.05 Pictus Cat - Matt Schaub - QB14 - HOU (8)

10.05 Pictus Cat - Tim Tebow - QB30 - NYJ (9)

Below average. I waited for value....and waited.

1.12 Pictus Cat - Chris Johnson - RB5 - TEN (11)

7.12 Pictus Cat - Donald Brown - RB34 - IND (4)

8.05 Pictus Cat - James Starks - RB38 - GBP (10)

11.12 Pictus Cat - Kevin Smith - RB54 - DET (5)

This could be solid...or each one of them could burn me. Timing of their production will be important.

2.05 Pictus Cat - Wes Welker - WR4 - NEP (9)

4.05 Pictus Cat - Miles Austin - WR18 - DAL (5)

5.12 Pictus Cat - Eric Decker - WR26 - DEN (7)

9.12 Pictus Cat - Vincent Brown - WR47 - SDC (7)

12.05 Pictus Cat - Brandon LaFell - WR65 - CAR (6)

15.12 Pictus Cat - Jerome Simpson - WR70 - MIN (11)

The starters are a very good group. SDC receiving options don't seem to disquish themselves from eachother, so I thing V. Brown should get some production and opportunity. This group should fill 3 spots very well.

3.12 Pictus Cat - Vernon Davis - TE7 - SFO (9)

18.05 Pictus Cat - Kellen Davis - TE31 - CHI (6)

SF invested in its WRs, so maybe VD gets some better looks. KD should get more opportunities with Martz gone and has shown potential.

14.05 Pictus Cat - Dan Bailey - PK6 - DAL (5)

16.05 Pictus Cat - Billy Cundiff - PK20 - BAL (8)

13.12 Pictus Cat - Atlanta Falcons - DEF16 - ATL (7)

17.12 Pictus Cat - Cleveland Browns - DEF30 - CLE (10)

Two each. Byes staggered. Week VD & Welker are off, rest of team pitching in.

You know what they say about value, you just got what nobody wanted before you. Hopefully all these guys pull together an outperform their draft postitions to give me steady production.
I actually really like your QB situation. You have a good QB in Schaub (and got great value at that pick) and personally, I think Tebow has little downside...he either wins the QB job (which as a Jets fan I feel he will), or he plays the wildcat and will give you at least 5-7 points on a weekly basis...not a bad hedge bet...most QB picks after 24 or so have no clue today whether their guy will be the starter or even get them one measly point. You sniped Schuab from me and then took Tebow when I was planning on having him as my backup..maybe we just think alike (and for that I feel bad for you), but I like what you got out of those picks.

Thanks for the QB vote of confidence. You could be right.

PS: Your icon brings the images and sounds of the Ben Roethlisberger alleged crime to me. Freaky.

This was my first time in this format so I didn't know what to expect. I like my starters but my depth is lacking.

1.02 Aaron Rodgers - QB1 - GBP (10)

9.02 Matt Flynn - QB24 - SEA (11)

I decided to go with Rodgers instead of a stud RB or Calvin. This may be a mistake but I didnt know how long the QBs would last in a 16 team league and I wanted to get a good one. Hopefully Rodgers can carry me. I like Flynn as a backup but looking back I should have gone with my RB3 here. I got too caught up with bye week issues and passed on the last of the quality RBs. I would have gone with Donald Brown but totally overlooked him.

2.15 Jamal Charles - RB12 - KCC (7)

5.02 Jonathan Stewart - RB21 - CAR (6)

11.02 Tim Hightower - RB53 - WAS (10)

15.02 Bernard Scott - RB61 - CIN (8)

17.02 Joseph Addai - RB65 - NEP (9)

I think Charles will be fine and he'll get his despite Hillis stealing touches and catches. Stewart was a top 15 RB last year IIRC and I have to think Newton won't get all those TDs again. Hightower could be a good RB3 and I don't need him until week 6 so hopefully he's fully recovered by then and I don't get Shanahanagained. Addai could be a good flyer or he could not even make the final roster so who knows.

3.02 Julio Jones - WR10 - ATL (7)

6.15 Denarius Moore - WR34 - OAK (5)

7.02 Michael Crabtree - WR35 - SFO (9)

10.15 Alshon Jeffery - WR52 - CHI (6)

16.15 Steve Smith - WR77 - STL (9)

I actually really like my WRs with Julio as my #1. I am a believer in Moore and think he builds on last year. Crabtree is a solid WR3 with lowend WR2 upside. I think Jeffery landed in a great situation and if nothing else maybe his Redzone presence will get me some touchdowns if he doesn't catch a ton of passes. As a Giants homer I think Smith, being a year removed from his injury could be the best WR in STL (this year) while Quick and Givens develop. I think he can be a better version of what Amendola was a couple years ago and Im very happy to get him here.

4.15 Fred Davis - TE9 - WAS (10)

8.15 Coby Fleener - TE19 - IND (4)

I think I have a servicable TE combo if Davis keep his head straight and Fleener continues with his chemistry with Luck.

13.02 Mason Crosby - PK2 - GBP (10)

18.15 Adam Vinatieri - PK28 - IND (4)

Crosby is a top Kicker and the Colts play Jacksonville week 10 so there should be scoring opportunities and by then Luck and the offense could be clicking.

12.15 Dallas Cowboys - DEF12 - DAL (5)

14.15 Miami Dolphins - DEF25 - MIA (7)

Okay Defense by committee. Hopefully the Cowboys don't play the Giants or Eagles the same week the Dolphins play the Pats. I haven't looked at the schedules but the Cowboys D should be solid enough with Ryan having a full year and OTA's to implement his complex system.

This was a lot of fun and I'm glad that we had a smooth, quick draft. I look forward to doing this again next year.

SSL4 is now set up on MFL FBG SSL4

If you want to send me your email then I will put them in so you can log in and use the message board to talk with other owners.

Users who are viewing this thread