What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL5 IDP Draft Commentary Thread (1 Viewer)

I apologize I guess.

I never received a pm.

I pm'd you the selection
did you set up MFL to email you updates? since we're doing the draft there and people can submit predraft lists, people aren't always going to PM the next person.anyway, no big deal. we're making good time so far.

1st post updated.

I apologize I guess.

I never received a pm.

I pm'd you the selection
did you set up MFL to email you updates? since we're doing the draft there and people can submit predraft lists, people aren't always going to PM the next person.anyway, no big deal. we're making good time so far.

1st post updated.
now I did. thanks.

I apologize I guess.

I never received a pm.

I pm'd you the selection

1st post updated.
That's what's weird Aaron. I set it up to e-mail me but I'm not getting any notifications. It's the only MFL draft I've ever had where I didn't receive the e-mail notifications even though it is set up properly. In any case, I've just been checking the site periodically. I wonder if this is something customer service at MFL can check into. Maybe I'm the only one who is having this problem though.

I apologize I guess.

I never received a pm.

I pm'd you the selection

1st post updated.
That's what's weird Aaron. I set it up to e-mail me but I'm not getting any notifications. It's the only MFL draft I've ever had where I didn't receive the e-mail notifications even though it is set up properly. In any case, I've just been checking the site periodically. I wonder if this is something customer service at MFL can check into. Maybe I'm the only one who is having this problem though.
weird.I just checked the MFL site and your email field was blank. was it always blank? that might be the reason. I added radballs@aol.com. Maybe it will start working now.

:unsure:

Thanks. Damn, maybe I forgot to even check if that field was filled in or not. Oh well, that should take care of it.

Brandon Stokely -- I always avoid this type of player since I suck at guessing when their big weeks will be. Not a problem here

Pming radballs

I will be AWOL from mid-day Sunday until Friday. Miggity has the keys to team beto. I will predraft a bit and may try to check in sometime during the week.

I will be AWOL from mid-day Sunday until Friday. Miggity has the keys to team beto. I will predraft a bit and may try to check in sometime during the week.
Say goodbye to Heavy D. Your team needs WR - at least I think it's a start 3 league. :bye:

Quickly reviewed this draft...seems like a lot of reaches to me on the offensive side of the ball. Guys getting drafting 2-3 rounds earlier in then the SSLs even with defensive players sprinkled in the mix. :confused:

Quickly reviewed this draft...seems like a lot of reaches to me on the offensive side of the ball. Guys getting drafting 2-3 rounds earlier in then the SSLs even with defensive players sprinkled in the mix. :confused:
I agree, though i think it may be a case of 1-2 reaches sparking a run and owners scrambling not to get left out. Definitely weird though

Quickly reviewed this draft...seems like a lot of reaches to me on the offensive side of the ball.  Guys getting drafting 2-3 rounds earlier in then the SSLs even with defensive players sprinkled in the mix.  :confused:
I agree, though i think it may be a case of 1-2 reaches sparking a run and owners scrambling not to get left out. Definitely weird though
I haven't followed the other SSLs, which guys are you talking about?

it looks like I reached for DeAngelo Williams here, but I am expecting big things from him this year and didn't want to miss out...not sure what other players BnB is talking about

2 2 Fullback Fro - RB Reggie Bush

2 10 Rush - RB Jamal Lewis

2 11 Red Herring - TE Jeremy Shockey

2 15 Duke1948 - QB Tom Brady

2 16 Bundy1 - RB Laurence Maroney

3 10 Aaron Rudnicki - RB DeAngelo Williams

4 7 Aaron Rudnicki - WR Javon Walker

4 16 Bundy1 - TE Chris Cooley

5 2 Duke1948 - RB LenDale White

5 15 Fullback Fro - RB Frank Gore

5 16 Iwannabeacowboybaby - RB TJ Duckett

6 8 Miggity - QB Daunte Culpepper

6 16 Bundy1 - WR Eric Moulds

7 1 Bundy1 - RB Marion Barber

8 3 Kirby - WR Jimmy Smith

8 16 Bundy1 - QB Steve McNair

9 5 pretender - RB Duce Staley

I'm not a fan of any of these picks.

2 2 Fullback Fro - RB Reggie Bush

2 10 Rush - RB Jamal Lewis

2 11 Red Herring - TE Jeremy Shockey

2 15 Duke1948 - QB Tom Brady

2 16 Bundy1 - RB Laurence Maroney

3 10 Aaron Rudnicki - RB DeAngelo Williams

4 7 Aaron Rudnicki - WR Javon Walker

4 16 Bundy1 - TE Chris Cooley

5 2 Duke1948 - RB LenDale White

5 15 Fullback Fro - RB Frank Gore

5 16 Iwannabeacowboybaby - RB TJ Duckett

6 8 Miggity - QB Daunte Culpepper

6 16 Bundy1 - WR Eric Moulds

7 1 Bundy1 - RB Marion Barber

8 3 Kirby - WR Jimmy Smith

8 16 Bundy1 - QB Steve McNair

9 5 pretender - RB Duce Staley

:pickle: No Nalls yet from me, huh Bass?

SSLI picks

2.7 2.2 Fullback Fro - RB Reggie Bush

3.5 2.10 Rush - RB Jamal Lewis

3.4 2.11 Red Herring - TE Jeremy Shockey

3.11 2.15 Duke1948 - QB Tom Brady

8.3 2.16 Bundy1 - RB Laurence Maroney

5.14 3.10 Aaron Rudnicki - RB DeAngelo Williams

4.15 4.7 Aaron Rudnicki - WR Javon Walker

4.12 4.16 Bundy1 - TE Chris Cooley

7.7 5.2 Duke1948 - RB LenDale White

6.8 5.15 Fullback Fro - RB Frank Gore

9.4 5.16 Iwannabeacowboybaby - RB TJ Duckett

6.9 6.8 Miggity - QB Daunte Culpepper

7.6 6.16 Bundy1 - WR Eric Moulds

8.5 7.1 Bundy1 - RB Marion Barber

7.13 8.3 Kirby - WR Jimmy Smith

7.5 8.16 Bundy1 - QB Steve McNair

10.14 9.5 pretender - RB Duce Staley

SSLI picks

Looks like I was pretty spot on just off the top of my head. Add in the fact that IDPs are being drafted and you have some real head scratchers.

SSLI picks

Looks like I was pretty spot on just off the top of my head. Add in the fact that IDPs are being drafted and you have some real head scratchers.
Not that I disagree, but playing devil's advocate SSL 1 had a massive QB run early that we didn't see in SSL 5 which can skew some of these values.

I had DeAngelo Williams as my #21 RB at the time I drafted him and I liked him a lot more than the other RBs available. I've since dropped him down to #25 on my rankings, but I still like him.

Has as much to do with how much I dislike Deshaun Foster as it does with how much I like Williams though. I thought Eric Shelton was a huge sleeper last year and he turned out to be junk.

Seems like all of the top rookie RBs not named Bush were ridiculous values in SSL1. I think their value is much closer to what we saw here personally.

I had DeAngelo Williams as my #21 RB at the time I drafted him and I liked him a lot more than the other RBs available. I've since dropped him down to #25 on my rankings, but I still like him.

Has as much to do with how much I dislike Deshaun Foster as it does with how much I like Williams though. I thought Eric Shelton was a huge sleeper last year and he turned out to be junk.

Seems like all of the top rookie RBs not named Bush were ridiculous values in SSL1. I think their value is much closer to what we saw here personally.
Not with the risk they carry. I seriously had to look around to see if this was a dynasty draft.

Holy #### has this thing ground to a snail's pace. Come on guys, let's finish it off. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
pickings are getting pretty slim already. can't believe we have so many rounds left.
I know. I was looking at a 5th RB and was like :eek:
The IDP depth still looks decent though. The early run on offense in general seems to have left slim pickings. Of course,I keep saying to myself "no way I can bring myself to draft "x" this early", then "x" and 3 of his buddies get drafted before it makes it back to me again.

pickings are getting pretty slim already. can't believe we have so many rounds left.
The IDP depth still looks decent though. The early run on offense in general seems to have left slim pickings. Of course,I keep saying to myself "no way I can bring myself to draft "x" this early", then "x" and 3 of his buddies get drafted before it makes it back to me again.
You just drafted my X, buddy. :hot: Should have put Pool ahead of Bullocks, but he had a bad bye week. Almost had both of them.

You just drafted my X, buddy. :hot: Should have put Pool ahead of Bullocks, but he had a bad bye week. Almost had both of them.
:D thats funny -- I would have drafted bullocks over pool there

Yup, guys I've just missed by a few picksA. SchobelG. BrackettT. BruschiM. DrewJ. KlopM. AdamsR. McIntosh

Add Cornelius Griffin to my list :rant:

Sorry. :P Some guys on the same wavelength in this league. Spent a long time trying to decide between Manuel and Dexter Jackson and finally went with Manuel. Miggity took Jackson one pick later. :thumbup:

Sorry. :P Some guys on the same wavelength in this league. Spent a long time trying to decide between Manuel and Dexter Jackson and finally went with Manuel. Miggity took Jackson one pick later. :thumbup:
That was the plan the whole time. Wheels were set in motion when I stuck you with Madieu. ;)

That was the plan the whole time. Wheels were set in motion when I stuck you with Madieu. ;)
I KNEW IT!!!

Misread my emails, thinking it was a ways til I drafted. Sorry for the delay today.

give me Travis LaBoy please, Aaroin. Thanx in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread