What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

STAFFORD! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northbound Train

Footballguy
Everywhere you look/read around here as well as all the mock drafts I've done Stafford consistently goes 10-12 if not a pick or two later. I'm not saying he's top 5 material at the position but I certainly feel he's a solid value play. I'll be targeting him in every draft knowing that his ceiling is far higher IMO than the likes of Newton, Brees, Eli/Romo and dare I say Peyton. Sure they may outperform him Fantasy wise but you're also spending picks in much higher rounds where solid WR 2/3 and RB 3/4's can be had. OC Lombardi is in his second yr in the MOtor City and with the new weapon rookie RB out of the backfield that can catch the ball, a healthy Megatron (thus far) and the PPR machine in Tate I think Staff way outperforms his ADP and is a great value play. Throw in the fact that 2nd yr TE Ebron is set to make great strides and become the target they've lacked at TE for what seems forever I'll say Staff finishes top 8 at QB with an outside shot at Top FIVE!!! :popcorn:

Stafford is top 5 material. He has that kind of potential. Getting there isn't easy of course. Yes,mines a steal in most drafts from what I'm seeing. I think there could be pass happy days again in Det. Losing both Suh and Fairely on the Dline should weaken that D.

Have both Tannehill and Stafford and couldn't be happier with the way things have been going so far.

I like Stafford along with Eli, tannehill, Bradford....if Rothlisberger falls ill look to grab him otherwise I'll punt the QB position and grab 2 of those guys and likely do very well.

Stafford is top 5 material. He has that kind of potential. Getting there isn't easy of course. Yes,mines a steal in most drafts from what I'm seeing. I think there could be pass happy days again in Det. Losing both Suh and Fairely on the Dline should weaken that D.
You were pimping RG3 last year. Just sayin.

I plan to be happy with him and trade him when Jones gets hurt, if he does. Without Douglas, I don't know that they can do so well again without Jones.

I plan to be happy with him and trade him when Jones gets hurt, if he does. Without Douglas, I don't know that they can do so well again without Jones.
Good point. Tamme should help take some of Douglas' targets but so much of his production is tied to Jones... let's hope he stays healthy and he could be really good this year.

I agree bumping the old threads is silly. There are different reasons to be talking about players (ex ADP discussions, sleeper status, o-line injuries, his top targets, competition from backups...). If you want to have a pointed conversation like this thread why should we have to wade through all the other info.

I don't want to read through 3 pages of Stafford talk hoping to see a couple places where people are giving their opinions on his ADP value.

As far as there being multiple threads why wouldn't you just go to the one that is relevant to what you are looking for?

Not big on him. I feel like he's been primed for a huge season several times but never comes through. CJ is older now and I wonder if Stafford missed his chance for a really great year.

He's at the rear of my top ten QBs....maybe top 12.

His ADP is fine with me...if I'm in the 8th or 9th round still needing a QB I have no problem jumping on this guy and pairing him with my boys Carson Palmer and Sam Bradford.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not big on him. I feel like he's been primed for a huge season several times but never comes through. CJ is older now and I wonder if Stafford missed his chance for a really great year.

He's at the rear of my top ten QBs....maybe top 12.
He's still living off that one great season he had. He's an ok fantasy QB, but won't suddenly jump into the top 5.

I come in here to read people's opinions about Stafford based on the title of the thread and instead I just lost a few million brain cells sifting through 2 dudes cat fighting about really dumb stuff.

Give it a rest guys the season hasn't even begun yet. Nancies. Lol

Now onto Stafford. He's got weapons. He's got a gunslinging mentality. And his defense should be far worse this year than last year. Plus, he plays gb and Chicago twice each. Should be good for some fireworks.

I don't see why he can't be in the conversant jump back into the top 5 this year. I think he is one of a few guys currently being drafted in later rounds that can do it. Eli, Stafford, rivers...heck even a guy like Bradford could surprise everyone this year and KILL it in chip Kelly's system and post top 5 #s

He's a fine pick for your qb1 if you use a wait on your qb strategy.

Point being when I started this thread is that his ADP is barely top 12 right now yet he's healhty, 2nd yr in OC Lombardi's O, has a healhty Megatron, a PPR machine in Tate and a great new toy out of the backfield not to mention a TE that will undoubtedbly surpass last year's numbers....some say a weaker D, that remains to be seen but this team playing from behind can and will create fireworks which usually translates to solid FF numbers!! I can easily see Staff finishing ahead of Brees this year and you can get him a good 2-3 rounds later!!

Point being when I started this thread is that his ADP is barely top 12 right now yet he's healhty, 2nd yr in OC Lombardi's O, has a healhty Megatron, a PPR machine in Tate and a great new toy out of the backfield not to mention a TE that will undoubtedbly surpass last year's numbers....some say a weaker D, that remains to be seen but this team playing from behind can and will create fireworks which usually translates to solid FF numbers!! I can easily see Staff finishing ahead of Brees this year and you can get him a good 2-3 rounds later!!
Tate was a PPR machine when Calvin was hurt. Let's see how he does if Calvin stays healthy.

You've done it.

You've cracked the code to predicting the future.

Thank you for the new Stafford thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread