What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stash Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Ack88

Footballguy
Looking for suggestions based upon likely free agency departures. For example, Ekeler is likely gone next year, so Isaiah Spiller is worth a look.

Any other RB or WR options out there?

This is the kind of thing that makes this board great. Any thoughts are appreciated.

History says Bengals tend to honor their contracts but they also have been breaking trends in recent years. On that basis if Chase Brown isn't roostered in your league he is probably worth a stash depending on parameters.

WR for Bengals is less certain in terms of possible targets and probably only applies to bigger and deeper leagues. Boyd's contract is up and they will be hard pressed to keep him. Higgins probably gets the franchise tag (pure guess on my part) but trade certainly possible. And if both aren't on the team next year the replacement might be found in round 1 or 2 but with those caveats I think Iosivas would be a guy lurking for a bigger share.

-QG

Looking for suggestions based upon likely free agency departures. For example, Ekeler is likely gone next year, so Isaiah Spiller is worth a look.

Any other RB or WR options out there?

This is the kind of thing that makes this board great. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Can't hurt to stash Spiller but I think at this point it's very clear he's not an NFL quality RB and the Chargers have no faith in him.

Deneric Prince- Chiefs RB. I like Pacheco but he's a 7th round pick who runs like Thomas Rawls and Chris Carson. Those guys tend to have short shelf lives. At 216 pounds, I don't know if he is built to play like a wrecking ball and stay healthy. McKinnon is going to be 32 and also has been dealing with injuries. CEH is a FA after this year. I don't see Prince as a feature back but there could be room for a regular role.

Jauan Jennings- SF WR. He is a FA and I think it's a weak WR FA class. He could find himself in a better role. He's shown some flashes of decent play.

Trey Palmer- TB WR. I love some of the flashes I've seen this year. I am not sure what his role will be going forward but the kid can play. Reminds me of a Shaheed type.

Last edited:
Looks like there may be something there with Tre Tucker...Chris Brooks may be worth holding onto until you see if Miami brings in any other RBs this offseason...have read some speculation that Seattle could have Jake Bobo bulk up and move to TE...not sure if there is much room for him with all the other young WRs Green Bay has but Malik Heath looks like he has some talent...Higgins may walk as a FA so Charlie Jones and Andrei Iosivas could get an opportunity.

Last edited:
I like Emario Demecardo. I think he looks great with the ball in his hands. Young team - Connor is getting old

I suppose I'll be stubborn on Abanikandi even though he's not in a great spot, but I do expect Cook to be gone, which will probably move Abanikandi to #2 status. As for the Chargers RB room, if Exeler is gone, I don't think their RB of the future is currently on their roster. I don't think Spiller is the guy and we already know Kelley isn't. I'm still unsure if Sean Tucker will have any value. I think the fantasy community is higher on him than NFL teams were during the draft and he hasn't shown anything yet. I believe Chandler is a keeper and could be the starter going forward. Mims could be a good option if Jeudy is gone, but he's under contract for one more year. Chase Brown has proven to be good and is a nice future stash. I'm unsure how valuable Trey Palmer will be, but he has gotten a lot of work his rookie year. Same for Michael Wilson. I was high on him after the draft. Another guy people have held onto is Jordan Mason. I believe people are souring on him at the moment. A guy I would be trying to get is Dontayvion Wicks. Same for Chris Rodriguez. AT Perry has shown some potential. People holding Kenny Gainwell are probably fooling themselves. I don't care if he's listed as their #2. I don't think he is a good runner and will always be in a committee. That's not always a bad thing I know, but I hate rostering him. Parker Washington is an interesting stash. People are probably forgetting about Greg Dulcich and shouldn't. Roschon Johnson will only get better. I doubt Foreman is there next year and Herbert is easy to beat out. Don't forget about Dobbins, he's still relevant in dynasty. Rico Dowdle is interesting, but not sure many fantasy teams will have room for him in April after the NFL draft, so he could be a waiver wire pickup next year. Not sure people will have room for Schoonmaker, but should Ferguson get hurt he would be viable. What if Travis Kelce retired? Boom Noah Gray. People have soured on Kendre Miller, so make an offer. You can cut Zach Evans. Go ahead and do it, it will make you feel better. Same for Jaleel McLaughliin and Skyy Moore.

Last edited:
Similar to the Mixon/Chase Brown situation is the Kamara/Kendre Miller situation. Kendre hasn’t shown as much as Chase due to health but Kamara may not be there in 2024.

Similar to the Mixon/Chase Brown situation is the Kamara/Kendre Miller situation. Kendre hasn’t shown as much as Chase due to health but Kamara may not be there in 2024.
Is Miller like a FA in dynasty leagues, available to stash though? He was usually drafted 1.6-1.10 in my rookie drafts this year

Is Miller like a FA in dynasty leagues, available to stash though? He was usually drafted 1.6-1.10 in my rookie drafts this year
Stashes could mean trading for. His value isn't what it was in May to some. The fantasy draft capital given last year will cause most owners to hold and not sell cheap, but you might be able to get him at a good value.

Stashes could mean trading for. His value isn't what it was in May to some. The fantasy draft capital given last year will cause most owners to hold and not sell cheap, but you might be able to get him at a good value.
Good call here, that is a valid point.

Some good names mentioned. One general comment regarding backup RBs is that this year’s rookie draft does not seem to be a big one in terms of RBs. While the trend of NFL teams beyond the Bijans and Gibbs of the world is to grab RBs late, and many emerge out of nowhere, many of the incoming rookies may not end up in good spots and could give the incumbent backups a leg up heading into next year.

Personally I don't view a player you have to pay for as a stash but to each their own.

Some good names thrown out and I'll try and mention some players I did not see anyone mention yet so going a little deeper and all of these players are on at least some of my waiver wires.

Darnell Mooney is a guy I'll throw out. I have never owned him on a single team until last week and I picked him up in the two league he was available after my teams got bounced. Never been a huge fan but he's got a 1,000 yard season under his belt and has had to deal with the most anemic of QB's his whole career. Is a FA and with a good QB it's worth a shot.

Was a thread similar to this a few weeks ago and two names I threw out was Chase Brown and Tolbert. Chase has ascended past what I generally refer to as a stash, I think he's clearly got value and is rostered but Tolbert's not in most leagues. Gallup and/or Cooks will be gone next year, Tolbert has a shot to be the #2 and is probably the #3 at worst. He improved a lot this season.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Seriously. He's looked a little better the last few weeks, he'll only be 25 next season and maybe a fresh start and not playing with expecations/disapointment of being a first round pick will help him play better and be viable.I always rooted for him to re-unite with his LSU guys in Cincy but unless they move on from Mixon that does not look possible. Kind of like Rodgrguez and any RB for that matter is you roster them and see how their situation looks before cuts are due which again for me is after FA and before the draft.

Here is one people will laugh over. Rashaad Penny. Things did not work out in Philly. If he can regain his past form he'll be a lightly used 28 year old who was we know has been prolific when he's played. In a year I just saw Mostert full on break out at age 31 after a career with a lot if injuries and limited use I'm not putting a fork in him yet. Again, like with the other RB's, roster them and see how off-season FA and if draft shakes out their value.

KJ Osbron in a deeper league, has done some solid things, will be a FA, worth seeing where he might land IMO.

One more thing I meant to add. If all things are close to equal I like to prioritize stashes on teams that will make the playoffs. Simply because they are giving you extra games to potentially evaluate them and sometimes an injury might elevate their role.

One from each AFC team, current superflex dynasty rank > 150: Mia - C. Brooks, Buf- K. Shakir, NYJ - T. Conklin, NE - K. Bourne, Bal - I. Likely, Cle - C. Tillman, Pit - C. Austin, Cin - C. Brown, Jac - P. Washington, Ind - J. Woods, Hou - N. Brown, Ten - C. Okonkwo, KC - J. Ross, LV - Z. White, Den - G. Dulcich, LAC - J. Palmer

One from each NFC team, current superflex dynasty rank > 150: Phi - R. Penny, Dal - R. Dowdle, NYG - W. Robinson, Was - C. Rodriguez, Det - H. Hooker, Min - T. Chandler, GB - D. Wicks, Chi - D. Mooney, TB - C Otton, NO - R. Shaheed, Atl - J. Smith, SF - E. Mitchell, LAR - T. Atwell, Sea - J. Bobo, Ari - M. Wilson

Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Seriously. He's looked a little better the last few weeks, he'll only be 25 next season and maybe a fresh start and not playing with expecations/disapointment of being a first round pick will help him play better and be viable.
Stashed him for specifically these reasons. He'd pair well with Brian Robinson and a new HC/QB combo in Washington if the LSU connection in Cincy doesn't develop.

many of the incoming rookies may not end up in good spots and could give the incumbent backups a leg up heading into next year.
The incoming class of RB's isn't anything special either. Thinking outloud, I could see a guy like Antonio Gibson ending up in Dallas (only Deuce under contract and under water vs the cap) on a cheap deal then paired with Blake Corum. The rook isn't going to threaten him in the passing game period and may not eat much into the dirty work yardage until later in the season.

Only if the Saints finally commit to their much overdue reset year. They're $87m over the projected cap and only save $1.5m cutting Kamara ($17.2m dead). Given the contracts on their books '25 is the year for the full reset if they're actually going to do it, but they're going to need to kick more cans this offseason first.

Writing this out I wonder if I need to look for an off ramp from Olave...

Intrigued by Tyler Scott in Chicago. Always going to play 2nd fiddle to Moore obviously, but he has a real chance to step into the #2 spot next year. Mooney's deal is done after this year, and he hasn't really followed up on that 1000 yard season a few years back.

For just one data point on how some "professional" views him, the guy who did his draft profile at NFL.com gave him a 6.35 grade ("will eventually be plus starter").

My biggest concern, like Zay in BAL with Lamar, idk if an offense with a big time scrambling QB is the place to bet on a WR for consistent and/or elite production, but if you can get him for cheap, I don't see it hurting you if it doesn't work out.

I’m lukewarm on the talent but from a pure process perspective it feels like you could do worse than Brenton Strange as a TE stash? 2nd round draft capital, engram on a one year deal, saw the field a bit and looked okay. Jags may want a return on that pick investment. Will throw him back in the pool at cutdowns if I don’t hear he’s at least pushing for the starting job but it’s a lot cheaper than throwing down for one of the young te’s who are already producing

Intrigued by Tyler Scott in Chicago. Always going to play 2nd fiddle to Moore obviously, but he has a real chance to step into the #2 spot next year. Mooney's deal is done after this year, and he hasn't really followed up on that 1000 yard season a few years back.

For just one data point on how some "professional" views him, the guy who did his draft profile at NFL.com gave him a 6.35 grade ("will eventually be plus starter").

My biggest concern, like Zay in BAL with Lamar, idk if an offense with a big time scrambling QB is the place to bet on a WR for consistent and/or elite production, but if you can get him for cheap, I don't see it hurting you if it doesn't work out.
I drafted and stashed him away everywhere for this reason, but I expect the Bears to add a WR sometime this spring with any one of their seemingly limitless draft capital. Hope I'm wrong.

I drafted and stashed him away everywhere for this reason, but I expect the Bears to add a WR sometime this spring with any one of their seemingly limitless draft capital. Hope I'm wrong.

I cannot picture them not adding another legit WR...would be foolish not to.

I had a spot open for a stash and debated between Justyn Ross, Khalil Shakir or Noah Gray. Went with Noah Gray. He has almost 300 yards receiving this year and has been rarely targeted, thought he had the best chance to be fantasy relevant.

I had a spot open for a stash and debated between Justyn Ross, Khalil Shakir or Noah Gray. Went with Noah Gray. He has almost 300 yards receiving this year and has been rarely targeted, thought he had the best chance to be fantasy relevant.
Correct choice

Users who are viewing this thread