What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steeler Fans (1 Viewer)

Bad_Mo

Footballguy
I know a win is a win and who really cares which team stood in the way of your team's trip to the SB. However, any reservations about not playing the Patriots?I mean, had your team beaten both the Colts and the Pats to make it to the SB, no one could possibly argue that they were not the best team in the AFC this year.This is not meant to discredit anything the Steelers have done nor is it to state that NE is better. Anyone thinking along those lines can just move along to another thread after reading this.Let's hear it Moose.....PS - congratulations on beating Denver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't NE fans just shut the #### up after their team is elimimated? Most fans of other teams are able to accomplish this feat.

Why can't NE fans just shut the #### up after their team is elimimated? Most fans of other teams are able to accomplish this feat.
Don't reply then. NE and Pitt has had some good games in recent years.

I mean, had your team beaten both the Colts and the Pats to make it to the SB, no one could possibly argue that they were not the best team in the AFC this year.
I'd love to hear anyone right now make the argument that the Steelers are not the best team in the AFC. And, no, BGP doesn't count.

The Steelers whipped up on a team that laid the wood to the Patriots. Patriots fans should be glad they were spared the Steelers in these playoffs.

my new favorite number is 3121. those are the seeds the steelers are playing in this playoff run. with 6 playoff teams in a conference it is absolutely impossible that any team could face a tougher road in the postseason. i don't care if it's the Pats or not, the steelers are writing history this year.

Would we wanted to extract revenge from the Pats? Of course :boxing: , but really the Pats weren't up for the challenge.

Simply, the Pats choked against Denver & didn't deserve the match-up with

THE TEAM OF DESTINY, THE SOON TO BE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION STEELERS!

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Seriously, I think there's no one out there who can call out what the Steelers have done. Beating #1, #2, and #3 all on the road is amazing stuff, I just have to tip my cap. (If I were wearing one.)

I thought the Patriots' momentum was manufactured media hype. The team went on a winning streak against a bunch of mediocre and weak teams that woudn't have garnered any attention at all if it weren't the Pats. They then beat up a highly overrated Jaguars teams starting a QB who hadn't played in over a month before falling apart in Denver.Sure, I'd love for the Steelers to have gone into New England and won, and this would've been the year to do it. The Pats just weren't good enough to get there. I don't see anything that can take the sweetness out of winning road games in Cincy, Indy, and Denver the way they did. :towelwave:

I don't know what more could be asked of the Steelers than to play the 3,1,2 seeds in a row on the road. I don't see them as having to play and beat N.E. in the coming bye week as necessary to cement their claim this year. I do think Seattle will present a good and interesting challange as they seem also to be rounding into form.

I know a win is a win and who really cares which team stood in the way of your team's trip to the SB. However, any reservations about not playing the Patriots?

I mean, had your team beaten both the Colts and the Pats to make it to the SB, no one could possibly argue that they were not the best team in the AFC this year.

This is not meant to discredit anything the Steelers have done nor is it to state that NE is better. Anyone thinking along those lines can just move along to another thread after reading this.

Let's hear it Moose.....

PS - congratulations on beating Denver.
:no:

Actually, yes. I would much rather have played the Patriots and beaten them. It would have made for a sweet SuperBowl trip.Maybe next year.

I thought the Patriots' momentum was manufactured media hype. The team went on a winning streak against a bunch of mediocre and weak teams that woudn't have garnered any attention at all if it weren't the Pats. They then beat up a highly overrated Jaguars teams starting a QB who hadn't played in over a month before falling apart in Denver.

Sure, I'd love for the Steelers to have gone into New England and won, and this would've been the year to do it. The Pats just weren't good enough to get there. I don't see anything that can take the sweetness out of winning road games in Cincy, Indy, and Denver the way they did.

:towelwave:
:goodposting:

I know a win is a win and who really cares which team stood in the way of your team's trip to the SB. However, any reservations about not playing the Patriots?I mean, had your team beaten both the Colts and the Pats to make it to the SB, no one could possibly argue that they were not the best team in the AFC this year.
Did the 2001 Patriots have any reservations about not playing the Ravens in the playoffs (2000 champs)? I don't think so.The only thing that matters is: a) getting to the Super Bowl and b) winning the Super Bowl.

Oh, I don't know--how about the Denver fans? Can't play everyone, so all you can do is beat the teams that are good enough to win. Those that lose before you get to them aren't in much of a position to dispute the quality of your team. Not playing NE in the playoffs has about as much relevance as not playing Carolina.

I really don't care. If New England had beaten Denver, they'd have knocked out "the new kings of the AFC North", the team people thought was going to go 16-0, and the defending world champs to get to the Super Bowl. Instead, they knocked out "the new kings of the AFC North", the team people thought was going to go 16-0, and the team that was undefeated at home this season, and in conference championship history - becoming the first team ever to knock out all the top 3 seeds in the conference in a single playoffs. Either way, it is sweet and it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other. You're talking about playing a ghost - this year's Patriots were no better than the fourth best team in the conference (actually probably 5th this year), so it wouldn't have been the same test anyway.

Its time NE fans get over themselvesYour team isn't the beginning and end of every conversation.You lossed - your out - You are insignificant in the 2006 SuperBowlPlease try to show some class (ala Denver) and know your role

Its time NE fans get over themselves

Your team isn't the beginning and end of every conversation.

You lossed - your out - You are insignificant in the 2006 SuperBowl

Please try to show some class (ala Denver) and know your role
Maybe it is time that you get over yourself and know your role...you seem to read way too much into what others think, and twist things around...not all of us Patriot fans are the way posters on this site call us out on. Personally it gets old to hear everyone say that Patriot Fans do not have class, just because a few poster here go over board. So don't get so mad when someone stands up for themselves. :2cents: Anyway, I am glad the Steelers won...for they deserve to be in the Big Game.

Only two teams are now significant with regard to the Super Bowl... The Seahawks and the Steelers...I don't think others are trying to steal that moment from them. Being from PA, I will be routing for the Steelers!!! :banned:

And for the record, I congratulated the Bronco Fans here when they beat the Patriots fair and square.

As an aside...Lelie should have been careful what he wished for. :P

"I'm going to go buy my Roethlisberger jersey and go to the nearest bar and start rooting,” Ashley Lelie told the Post. “We really want that home field, because we're probably the toughest team right now in the NFL playing at home."

Actually I'm glad we didn't play the Pats, I think the stat is that the last 10 teams who've beaten the defending champ in the playoffs have lost the following week (unless it was the SB).

Let's see....No Carson Palmer, An Indy team who's important stars rested for almost a month, an overrated Denver team who beat an overrated Patriot team :P :devilsadvocate:

Let's see....

No Carson Palmer, An Indy team who's important stars rested for almost a month, an overrated Denver team who beat an overrated Patriot team :P

:devilsadvocate:
Let's be real here.1. A team nobody thought Pitt could beat. It isn't their fault Palmer took a dive.

2. A team nobody thought anybody could beat a month ago. A team nobody gave Pitt one chance in hell to beat on game day.

3. A 13-3 bye week team after Pitt had two emotional road improbable wins.

Pitt has played 7 playoff games in a row. Any loss anywhere in that chain and they were sitting at home these playoffs. 7-0 later, they play in the SB. There is no more deserving team to ever play in the SB, win or lose once they get there.

The Steelers are (obviously) peaking at the right time. As of now, I don't know if anyone can beat them. Maybe the "bye" week before the Superbowl will help Seattle.With Pittsburgh's defense, and the "new" versatile offense, it's almost unstoppable. For Seattle to have a chance, they MUST somehow get to Roethlisberger. If they don't, it'll be blowout.

With a victory over Seattle the Steelers will have beaten the top 3 seeds in the AFC and the top 2 seeds in the NFC in their final 8 games.

1. A team nobody thought Pitt could beat. It isn't their fault Palmer took a dive.
There were tons of people who picked the Steelers to win that game, they had won 4 straight compared to two straight losses for the Bengals heading into that game. I'm going to assume that you're being sarcastic with that last part, because the notion that Palmer getting his three ACLs cleanly ripped apart by a Steelers lineman is equivalent to Palmer "taking a dive" is completely asinine and ridiculous.

Would we wanted to extract revenge from the Pats? Of course :boxing: , but really the Pats weren't up for the challenge.

Simply, the Pats choked against Denver & didn't deserve the match-up with

THE TEAM OF DESTINY, THE SOON TO BE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION STEELERS!

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:
:blackdot:

With no disrespect to the Patriots, New England was highly overrated this year. The Steelers would've oVVned them in the playoffs, much like the Broncos did.

Why can't NE fans just shut the #### up after their team is elimimated?  Most fans of other teams are able to accomplish this feat.
Don't reply then. NE and Pitt has had some good games in recent years.
It wouldn't have mattered. One thing I have learned from Pats fans is even if we had played in the post-season and beat the Pats, they would have complained because Rodney Harrison didn't play so the Pats didn't field their best team. I will take knocking off the top 3 seeds in the conference to reach the Super Bowl any day. :football:

Are Pats fans slowly replacing cowgirl fans as the most myopic? I fail to see any point to this thread other than some poorly veiled back door way of saying "well the Steelers didn't beat the pats."

Before Patriot fans get too chippy (or is it too late?), remember that your team threw a game (vs Miami) so they wouldn't have to play the Steelers in the playoffs.Don't start telling me they didn't throw the game, before the Broncos played the Patriots that was the justificaiton from everyone, including FBG staffers, as to why the Pats lost to the Dolphins.

Before Patriot fans get too chippy (or is it too late?), remember that your team threw a game (vs Miami) so they wouldn't have to play the Steelers in the playoffs.

Don't start telling me they didn't throw the game, before the Broncos played the Patriots that was the justificaiton from everyone, including FBG staffers, as to why the Pats lost to the Dolphins.
This is very true, but I am not knocking the Pats for it one bit. Cincinnati tanked in week 17 too, hoping the Patriots would win - both teams would have much rather played Jacksonville than Pittsburgh, and rightly so. Jacksonville had struggled to get by San Francisco just a week or two prior and had their starting QB coming back off an extended injury absence. I'd have wanted to play the Jags too - they were the weakest team in the playoffs in either conference, IMO (no disrespect to a good Jacksonville team or its fans, the injuries were just killing you guys.)

Maybe I've been living in the Twilight Zone for the past 2 weeks, but didn't Den beat NE? Didn't Pitt then go on to beat Den?

Users who are viewing this thread