What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steelers Browns Week 1 Weather Thread (1 Viewer)

they have downgraded the severity of impact for the game. Still won't be pretty but not looking like the end of the world many were saying previously. Let's see how things move over night.

Ill gladly take the 0 and not a single pass thrown just to have him in there.
Damn dude - like Josh Gordon, you’re indeed of a FF intervention. 

Someone call Herm, stat! 

“You play...to win...the game.” 

:unsure:

I am guessing doubful as the truly bad weather is looking like it will stay south and a little west of downtown cleveland. The stadium is right on the lake so you cant get any farther north. 
East, but yep. Akron/Canton and everything between here and Pittsburgh is getting the pummeling. We are just getting a rainy windy day. 

8:20 AM  I am along the lake, just to the west.  Just walked outside.  It's raining, but not hard.  The wind is insignificant, not much of anything.  What's going on right now isn't going to affect the game much at all.  If I get a chance, I'll post an update later.

How windy?
I dont think they will know before kickoff. The line of bad weather gets worse very quickly once going east of downtown. A small change could push what's forecasted here 10 miles east to downtown. And they're saying that will carry a heavy punch with wind. 

The one thing they do know is it will get worse than it is now as it builds up to kickoff. What will happen after? :shrug:

8:20 AM  I am along the lake, just to the west.  Just walked outside.  It's raining, but not hard.  The wind is insignificant, not much of anything.  What's going on right now isn't going to affect the game much at all.  If I get a chance, I'll post an update later.
Channel 3 is saying west of downtown won't be bad at all. 

Just woke up after driving home from the PSU game. I live about a half hour from the stadium and it is overcast but no wind or precip to speak of currently. 

Just woke up after driving home from the PSU game. I live about a half hour from the stadium and it is overcast but no wind or precip to speak of currently. 
Is the storm a complete miss? This makes no sense. Everyone was calling for the end of the world scenario yesterday.

Not happy about it but rolling with Ben in a few leagues. I had Dalton rostered just in case today just rolling without a kicker until game time but I don’t know that it’s worth dropping Ben with his schedule the next two weeks and start shuffling QB’s already.

No matter what happens today, never ever believe a weather forecast more than a few hours out at most is a pretty good plan imo
here in orlando, yesterday called for 100% chance of precip, dark threatening clouds all day, heard thunder most of the day... it drizzled for about 5-10 minutes

*there's a reason it's called 'mother' nature... she teases

10:15 AM..... Just stopped out at the lake, about 10 miles west of the stadium.  Same report.  SOME wind on the lake, virtually none a hundred yards in.  Very light rain right now -- didn't need my umbrella.  Intellicast http://www.intellicast.com/National/Wind/WINDcast.aspx persists with their wind warning, though I'm not witnessing it personally. ( I tend to trust these guys! )  My best guess is that this will not turn out to be anywhere near the disaster they predicted, but the winds will affect a few plays.  The rain won't.

I dont care how nasty this weather is, I havent waited this long, and braved this much crap to bench Gordon.

Ill gladly take the 0 and not a single pass thrown just to have him in there.
We should all wish our husbands/wives/family look at us the way you look at Josh Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:
daveR said:
10:15 AM..... Just stopped out at the lake, about 10 miles west of the stadium.  Same report.  SOME wind on the lake, virtually none a hundred yards in.  Very light rain right now -- didn't need my umbrella.  Intellicast http://www.intellicast.com/National/Wind/WINDcast.aspx persists with their wind warning, though I'm not witnessing it personally. ( I tend to trust these guys! )  My best guess is that this will not turn out to be anywhere near the disaster they predicted, but the winds will affect a few plays.  The rain won't.
12 noon update:  Just went back out to the lake.  Nothing has changed.  Very light rain.  Same winds.

CBS just went to shots on the field.

Absolutely nothing going on.

Meanwhile, absolutely pouring in Baltimore.

Hard for me to do it after being at the PSU game last night which was a #### storm - but starting Ben. Still no wind or rain here. 

ETA: Bortles and Winston as back ups so only one option otherwise. Not a bad matchup for Bortles tho. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I put in K. Cole over JuJu because of weather.  Now I'm going back to JuJu.  Good or bad?  Still don't have a great handle on how much worse it is supposed to get. 

Users who are viewing this thread