What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Ridley might be cut? (1 Viewer)

bpm

Footballguy
Is this really a likely cut the Pats would make? If so does he have a hard time finding a new home or would someone snatch him up?

I do not see the thread you are referring to. Was there something posted there?
:shrug:

I wouldn't ever notice a piece of news in a Stevan Ridley thread. I've got no interest in overpriced RB's who are doomed to spend half of every season in the doghouse. I'm very interested in any news or insider speculation that he might no longer be in the picture. I don't think there's probably a lot to the rumor, but it would instantly make players i have far more interest in far more valuable.

ESPN guy Riess says the Patriots always surprise us, and admits he 'is playing hunch' in his prediction. :coffee:

I'm still buying Ridley; he may serve our purposes better in another uniform anyhow.

I'd be shocked if the team outright cut him, even if they have high hopes for James White. Fumbles will keep Ridley on the bench, but he also knows the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it merits a thread, I don't see any others page 1 but I'll search some more.

I cannot believe the Pats will just cut him. OK, he fumbles so fix it. Make him carry a ball like a baby around camp, whatever it takes but Ridley is the only guy they got right now that can legitimately take 15-20 carries in a game when needed and make some things happen. I'm shocked how folks treat this guy and it also is painful how a RB is expected to never turn the ball over but its OK for the QB to throw interceptions and get sacked while fumbling, they don't lose their jobs right away.

Ridley would be signed quickly in places like Miami if for no other reason than Week 1.

identikit said:
Freelove said:
cloppbeast said:
Is there a report to go along with op?
Mike Reiss from ESPN Boston was jabbering along those lines. Who knows? :shrug:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766441/new-england-patriots-projected-roster-6

Seems unlikely, but I wouldn't fault any coach who had decent depth who didn't want to roster this fumble machine.
Reiss thinking Boyce will be kept seems equally odd.
I thought the same thing when reading the article. Both those predictions make me wonder if Reiss was maybe drinking too much of the vino when writing his article.

I think it merits a thread, I don't see any others page 1 but I'll search some more.

I cannot believe the Pats will just cut him. OK, he fumbles so fix it. Make him carry a ball like a baby around camp, whatever it takes but Ridley is the only guy they got right now that can legitimately take 15-20 carries in a game when needed and make some things happen. I'm shocked how folks treat this guy and it also is painful how a RB is expected to never turn the ball over but its OK for the QB to throw interceptions and get sacked while fumbling, they don't lose their jobs right away.

Ridley would be signed quickly in places like Miami if for no other reason than Week 1.
first of all, I doubt that there are many coaches that think it's ok to throw picks.

secondly, I'd imagine it would be a little harder to replace your starting qb.

and last, ridley hasn't actually been cut, so save your hysterics for the 'will pats cut tom brady?' thread I'm about to start

Last edited by a moderator:

first of all, I doubt that there are many coaches that think it's ok to throw picks.

secondly, I'd imagine it would be a little harder to replace your starting qb.

and last, ridley hasn't actually been cut, so save your hysterics for the 'will pats cut tom brady?' thread I'm about to start
Are you familiar with the word, exaggeration?

I hope they cut him so the Colts can sign him and put Richardson on the bench....no way the Pats cut Ridley.
This actually makes a ton of sense. Richardson has been nothing short of disappointing. Ridley would come in and breathe life into an ice cold Colt ground game. Although I doubt the Patriots move him, the Colts must do something to address the elephant in the room. Trent sux.

Users who are viewing this thread