What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Market under Trump (2 Viewers)

And the stock market returns sucked compared to the last couple years.

Should have put all my non-money into CDs back when I was first starting out. 
I have been in stocks since 1987....best investments I have ever made in my life. Anyone who tells you good high quality stocks are a bad investment has absolutely no clue about investing......at all. Who ever tells you buy and hold on high quality stocks does not work has no clue. 

Run. Run away from people with that kind of advice as fast as you can. If you had your money in CD's after the great recession......you are a complete and utter fool with your money. If you sell on bad news...you have no business investing in equities. 

But heck....what do I know. I will just keep getting my avg annual return of 8-10% (which is what I have been doing since 1987 through all the BS noise and downturns we have had since then). Unless you have no confidence in the US economy there is no better investment long term for retirement than equities. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Here NREC sits, all broken hearted...

Because the markets didn't dump huge today,

They only farted!

- Beef Frost, 2020

Here is a lesson for you guys, don't follow NREC34 advice.  He posted the above on May 31, 2019 when the S&P 500 closed at 2752.  Today it sits at 3122, up 370 points or 13.44% in just 9 months.  NREC sitting in cash has been a mistake.
You sound worried, brah

Here is a lesson for you guys, don't follow NREC34 advice.  He posted the above on May 31, 2019 when the S&P 500 closed at 2752.  Today it sits at 3122, up 370 points or 13.44% in just 9 months.  NREC sitting in cash has been a mistake.
While I agree that one shouldn't follow any particular random person's advice on the internet, it's reasonable to be concerned after the market drops 3%+ on consecutive days.  Hasn't happened many times, and is a decent reason for considering what comes next.

Oh I agree it is concerning short term but if you have a long term outlook you should not be selling.
Quite the opposite. This is where you nibble on great stocks being sold off on panic news. These types of events are opportunities. I am not saying I am taking this news lightly. It is concerning. But at some point you gotta take some shots here and grab some great companies.

There are some pretty good swing trades available in the coronavirus sector these days. 

CODX makes a test kit that costs $20 a pop.

VXRT is working on a vaccine....
Anyone take my advice on these stocks?

CODX currently up 144% for the day.

VXRT currently up 55% for the day.

Looks like mama will get her new shoes!

Microsoft already warning they won't hit Windows sales forecast.  I'm sure there will be plenty more. 
Was just reading about that.  Does make me wonder who else (how many) will miss, and how much has the big money on WS already factured that in.  I like to believe that by the time I'm reading about it, WS has already reacted.  But this is tougher to predict and could linger until the next round of actuals.

Was just reading about that.  Does make me wonder who else (how many) will miss, and how much has the big money on WS already factured that in.  I like to believe that by the time I'm reading about it, WS has already reacted.  But this is tougher to predict and could linger until the next round of actuals.
GDPNow release will be tomorrow.  It'll be interesting to see what's up.

Todem said:
Quite the opposite. This is where you nibble on great stocks being sold off on panic news. These types of events are opportunities. I am not saying I am taking this news lightly. It is concerning. But at some point you gotta take some shots here and grab some great companies.

Sneegor said:
:hifive:   I have been buying some VTI, AAPL, and MSFT the past few days.
:goodposting:   Same.

Fed has to be coming to the table with more rate cuts?
Maybe.  Expert on this morning said they probably should but should also probably wait because what happens if they cut and things get even worse?  The Fed can't just keep cutting then it looks like they are panicking. 

If only during the greatest economy ever they would've built in a little more wiggle room
Yep. Horrible plan not raising rates back then. When that rate hike rocked the markets they should have manned up and said 'too bad'. I mean a single rate hike drops the market until they said, 'oh...waah waah we will take it back, stock market, you own us'.  Idiots. The markets would have recovered anyway without taking them back. Now they got no ammo but HAD a rockin stock market. Now they got neither and people are not even feeling the stock market pain YET. Panic could be coming.

200 day MA breached on S&P, Russell 2k and DOW. NAZ still has a ways to go. It's bubble was way bigger. 1-2 more days before it goes under the 200 day MA...if it does.

August 2015 had a similar drop minus a coronavirus and with that a potential recession. 

Is the market pricing in a recession? if so, we are not even close to the bottom.

Havnt hit the bottom yet.  Could this be our correction everyone saw coming?

I dont have enough cash lined up :(.  I was figuring it would happen come after the election.

Users who are viewing this thread