What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense 2015** Week 15 - Playoffs: No time to get cute (1 Viewer)

With Jets on bye, I am a projected 5 PT lead over my opponent. Im thinking about riding through today to see how it plays out before dropping NYJ for another def.

If I do need one, is Pitt or NYG worth a pickup? SD oline is a mess and Kaepernick will give up some pts. Trying not to over think this one.
I have Jets on a bye and went gmen this week.

With Jets on bye, I am a projected 5 PT lead over my opponent. Im thinking about riding through today to see how it plays out before dropping NYJ for another def.

If I do need one, is Pitt or NYG worth a pickup? SD oline is a mess and Kaepernick will give up some pts. Trying not to over think this one.
I have Jets on a bye and went gmen this week.
I went Giants in 2 leagues, was thinking about it in a 3rd, but stayed with AZ/NE rather than drop someone. I think they are a good play this week. I'd have a hard time ever playing without a D for a week. I would think there would have to be someone to drop, but I'd rather not risk a 0 (assuming you can't go negative) and lose a game for bench depth. The win/loss could be the difference in terms of the playoffs. You'd have to be super stacked and in that case you'd likely have more than a 5 point projected lead.

FML. Giants another week 5 DST fail apparently.

EDIT: Kinda knew early this might be a bad/medicore D when they brought little pressure & were content with letting Kaep throw his safe underneath routes, allowed him to feel comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted to just roll w/ Panthers ROS in one league, and Jets in another (even though they have NEP x2 yet).

**Any love for the potential of the Cowboys pass rush w/ Hardy now playing & Gregory back in a couple weeks?

This may have been mentioned upthread,but ATL has Saints, Titans, Bucs, 49ers in the next 4 weeks. Not too shabby.
I don't like ATL if Julio doesn't play on TNF. The Saints are home and I just can't imagine ATL's offense functioning with White, Hankerson and Tamme as their top receiving threats.. if I'm NO I'm selling out to stop Freeman. I can see ATL's defense being on the field often with ATL's offense struggling to sustain drives. Think about how bad Ryan looked last week and now imagine if Julio isn't out their at least running around as a decoy.

This may have been mentioned upthread,but ATL has Saints, Titans, Bucs, 49ers in the next 4 weeks. Not too shabby.
I don't like ATL if Julio doesn't play on TNF. The Saints are home and I just can't imagine ATL's offense functioning with White, Hankerson and Tamme as their top receiving threats.. if I'm NO I'm selling out to stop Freeman. I can see ATL's defense being on the field often with ATL's offense struggling to sustain drives. Think about how bad Ryan looked last week and now imagine if Julio isn't out their at least running around as a decoy.
Hankerson is limited too with a rib injury too, add in TNF and even though New Orleans D has been pathetic they are slightly better at home

NO has some pride and their backs are against the wall, the fact that familiar 5-0 ATL is coming to town should be reasonable motivation for a fair effort from the aints D and O, I could see Brees going 300/3 in ths one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely rolling with NE rest of the year
Thinking the same thing. Although Minnesota is available in my league. Only thing that worries me about NE is garbage time points. If Weeden wasn't so ####ty the Cowboys would've easily scored on their last drive. I think they'll be good for turnovers but I'm not sure they'll be consistent week in and week out.

My Bengals experiment against the Seahawks failed miserably. So I now have to either go back to the Panthers or give the Bengals another chance against the Bills without Taylor. Hmmm, suddenly looks like a decent matchup.

For those who stream D's....or have a bye issue, I think Tennessee is about as good as you will get.

For those who stream D's....or have a bye issue, I think Tennessee is about as good as you will get.
I'm loving Minnesota at home against a Miami team in shambles.
Good call, I like Minnesota too...against KC (I assume that was a typo as Tennessee has Miami which was my choice). I can't stream the Vikings in my league, but I am sure they are out there in most scenarios.

I'm loving Minnesota at home against a Miami team in shambles.
Good call, I like Minnesota too...against KC (I assume that was a typo as Tennessee has Miami which was my choice). I can't stream the Vikings in my league, but I am sure they are out there in most scenarios.
I'm loving Minnesota at home against a Chiefs team in shambles. :bag:

Texans @ Jacksonville?
Bortles is dealing with a shoulder issue and JAC looked particularly vulnerable to TB at times through out that game last week. The problem is, the Texans may be one of the worst defenses I've had the pleasure of watching this year. At times, it looks as if they aren't even trying.

timbrah_ho said:
bb7278 said:
Cincy against EJ Manuel, yes please.
This. I picked up CIN as a streamer last week and I don't plan on sitting them this week after the QB news
Same here. Jets and Vikings are the other two high quality plays, but I'm going to ride with the Bengals.

In the leagues I started NE this week I'm debating dropping them for either CAR or CIN. Honestly, I'm sure I'll be dropping them for CIN in one league since I think it can be a fantasy match winning move this week. I'll probably spend between %2-4 of my FAAB on them.

Users who are viewing this thread