What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming QBs Thread (1 Viewer)

Ilov80s

Footballguy
I tried the search but it's not so great. This is a great place for people looking to be very flexible at QB this year.

Week 4: I am starting Eli Manning over __________.

Cousins for me

I tried the search but it's not so great. This is a great place for people looking to be very flexible at QB this year.

Week 4: I am starting Eli Manning over __________.

Cousins for me
Are you saying that you got Cousins on the wire?  Interesting.  Owned in 93.3% of ESPN leagues.

Due to some unfortunate events............ I am streaming Baker Mayfield this week.

I think I have another unfortunate event in my future. :(

I did however pick up Jameis Winston in the one league I am having to stream. If he doesn't come back in 3-4 weeks like I am anticipating, I will have to stream the rest of the season at QB. I've scraped by with mediocre QB play before, but I don't like the looks of streaming this year as some previous years.

I know there is always "something" on the wire to get by with, but I feel like I missed the boat this year,  the way some of these big ticket QB are having all these massive 40-50 point fantasy weeks. If this keeps up, those of us that are stuck streaming or are rolling out more low end starters will be at a massive disadvantage.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Drafted Luck in a 14-teamer and grabbed Fitz off the WW before Week 3. This week, I am starting Fitz over Luck, though I'm a bit nervous. Next week Fitz is on bye, and I'm not sure Luck is a startable option. Depending on how he does this week, I may look at Tannehill, Flacco or the rookies. If Fitz loses his job to Jameis off the bye then I guess I'm back to streaming (with Jameis himself as an option).

I did however pick up Jameis Winston in the one league I am having to stream. If he doesn't come back in 3-4 weeks like I am anticipating, I will have to stream the rest of the season at QB. I've scraped by with mediocre QB play before, but I don't like the looks of streaming this year as some previous years.
You may be right, but I think it's too early to tell. Last year I spent most of the season with a powerhouse roster that was totally scuffling at QB (drafted Luck and Palmer, then streamed Siemian and Tyrod at various points). If you had told me in Week 4 that I would eventually ride Bortles to a championship, I would never have believed you. 

I don't think my #process for Eli over Cousins was bad. The result is most certainly awful though. My thoughts were:

1. Road game vs home game

2. Saints D has let QBs eat:  2 of the 3 the opposing QBs had put up their best games of the season

3.Rams D had been tough against QBs: all 3 of their previous opposing QBs had their worst games of the season

Cousins was the most rushed QB in the NFL. Going into last night he had been pressured 20 more times than any other NFL QB. Also their LT was out and a rookie was debuting at RT. 

I guess my mistake was maybe relying too much on such tiny sample of game match-ups.

I don't think my #process for Eli over Cousins was bad. The result is most certainly awful though. My thoughts were:

1. Road game vs home game

2. Saints D has let QBs eat:  2 of the 3 the opposing QBs had put up their best games of the season

3.Rams D had been tough against QBs: all 3 of their previous opposing QBs had their worst games of the season

Cousins was the most rushed QB in the NFL. Going into last night he had been pressured 20 more times than any other NFL QB. Also their LT was out and a rookie was debuting at RT. 

I guess my mistake was maybe relying too much on such tiny sample of game match-ups.
Yeah, your process wasn't bad, except for the part where you ignored the Iron Rule of Eli:

If you start Eli, he will f##k you. If your opponent starts Eli, he will f##k you

(All that said, he hasn't even played yet this week. Cousins had a good game, but it's not impossible that Eli could outperform him. Just be glad you're not my brother, who sat Goff.)

Yeah, your process wasn't bad, except for the part where you ignored the Iron Rule of Eli:

If you start Eli, he will f##k you. If your opponent starts Eli, he will f##k you

(All that said, he hasn't even played yet this week. Cousins had a good game, but it's not impossible that Eli could outperform him. Just be glad you're not my brother, who sat Goff.)
LOL so true. Although I've been lucky with Eli in the past (which maybe is why I felt compelled to play him this week).

Agree with Baker and Flacco for those doing this. Also, Case Keenum and the Broncos have piled up a ton of explosive plays in the passing game and probably have to throw to stay with the KC juggernaut. 

Currently have Dalton in. Looking at Tannehill and Eli. Flacco, Mayfield, Bortles, Carr, Mariota on the wire.

Figured Dalton will have a decent game against a depleted Falcons defense. Plus his upcoming schedule looks good so I’ll probably stick with him. Don’t have room to roster another QB. 

Drafted Luck in a 14-teamer and grabbed Fitz off the WW before Week 3. This week, I am starting Fitz over Luck, though I'm a bit nervous. Next week Fitz is on bye, and I'm not sure Luck is a startable option. Depending on how he does this week, I may look at Tannehill, Flacco or the rookies. If Fitz loses his job to Jameis off the bye then I guess I'm back to streaming (with Jameis himself as an option).

You may be right, but I think it's too early to tell. Last year I spent most of the season with a powerhouse roster that was totally scuffling at QB (drafted Luck and Palmer, then streamed Siemian and Tyrod at various points). If you had told me in Week 4 that I would eventually ride Bortles to a championship, I would never have believed you. 

Funny you mention that, I had Bortles on 2 squads in the last 2 years. One team each year, and both I won the finals.  I never really wanted to end up using him but injury and good numbers late season made me make the switch.  I don't know if I want to go that route though....I feel like the letdown is coming with him.

It just sucks to see all these blowup games coming from several QBs, (all of whom could have been gotten late), and not be a part of it. I guess part of it is just being fortunate at the draft, although I knew Mahomes had blowup potential.

On that note - I just noticed Goff on one of my wires.  :D    I own Wilson there, and as great as Goff looked last night, Wilson will start firing up and he is getting Baldwin back too apparently.

I am rolling out Baker Mayfield in the one league I mentioned above. Think I'm going to be watching this thread closely for a while as the pickings on that waiver wire is awfully thin. I mentioned it, but I think Winston could get back in soon, and he might very well be a massive help mid-late season.  We talked about it in the Winston thread and Fitzpatrick one as well.  He has been very good as a FF QB at times, and the situation seems ripe for good numbers yet again.

TZM

My biggest draft fail this year was trusting Luck.  

I’m hoping the QB wire gets a little less desperate looking in my league once the bye weeks come and people have to make space for subs.

In the mean time Fitz won me my game last week and I’m riding him this week as well.  I think it’s less risky than it first appears.  I own Chicago’s D and watch them every week.  They will get to Fitz plenty, they won’t get to him all game though and the secondary is prone to giving up big plays.

He’s gonna be mid 20 point range I think.

Well I have Cam on a bye and lost Jimmy G so I'm rolling with Eli and hate it.  Had the same options as most in here Dalton, Flacco, Tannehill

Dalton performed well and has a nice schedule coming up so he’ll be in my lineup for a while. He’s got a lot of weapons, along with a Boyd breakout that’s helping his stats. Glad I stuck with him. 

Going to try and pick up Jameis as a stash.

I snatched Winston on Friday, knowing Fitz was probably getting benched. But now, I'm sitting on flacco (who has looked good so far), Stafford ( whose looked good after that horrible game against the Jets), and Winston. I'm torn on who to keep 

Dalton performed well and has a nice schedule coming up so he’ll be in my lineup for a while. He’s got a lot of weapons, along with a Boyd breakout that’s helping his stats. Glad I stuck with him. 

Going to try and pick up Jameis as a stash.
He is the dream situation. Bought for streamer price and got a regular starter. 

He is the dream situation. Bought for streamer price and got a regular starter. 
I drafted him because his college was less than 100 miles from Otis Redding's birth. What a leeg. Peanut butter jelly time. Peanut butter jelly... 

:pickle:

I drafted him because his college was less than 100 miles from Otis Redding's birth. What a leeg. Peanut butter jelly time. Peanut butter jelly... 

:pickle:
I should have paid more attention to the music, maybe my team would be better 

Super King said:
I snatched Winston on Friday, knowing Fitz was probably getting benched. But now, I'm sitting on flacco (who has looked good so far), Stafford ( whose looked good after that horrible game against the Jets), and Winston. I'm torn on who to keep 
Hard to ditch Stafford with GB at home. He torched them twice last season. GB secondary is shaky.

Bortles becomes rather interesting as long as Fournette is out.
Picked him up yesterday in one league where I'm currently streaming.

Note - he is also playing KC, who has a pretty bad defense as well.   Bortles will tide me over until Winston comes back in week 6.

TZM

Have so far managed to play Big Ben on all his good weeks, and cover all his bad ones with Dalton who I keep dropping and re-picking up thus far. I'm sure I'll get stung at some point, but the good thing of streaming with Ben is he's pretty easy to read - play at home to all but the toughest of defences ( played against Kansas, sat him against BAL  ), play on the road in non early games against anyone middling to below average ( sat against CLE,  played against TB ). Dalton has been the perfect foil for Ben so far.

Users who are viewing this thread