What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stupid Baby Names (1 Viewer)

Did I ever get a ruling on my little girls names?

Finley and Abigael
Finley sounds stupid. Is that how you spell Abigael?I'm guessing this is more Irish crap?
Wifes madden name is McKenna......whats that tell you?
Wait... is that McKenna the first name, or McKenna the last name...? :unsure:
Wifes last name was McKenna. She wanted to give Finley the first name of McKenna......but my sister stole it from my wife about 5 years ago.she's still pissed about it.
by the way, having your maiden name as your daughters first name is pretty stupid, so your sister did you a favor.
I'll make sure to mention it when you're around.

Finley and Abigael
Finley sounds stupid. Is that how you spell Abigael?I'm guessing this is more Irish crap?
Wifes last name was McKenna. She wanted to give Finley the first name of McKenna......but my sister stole it from my wife about 5 years ago.she's still pissed about it.
by the way, having your maiden name as your daughters first name is pretty stupid, so your sister did you a favor.
the whole idea of not naming your daughter something you want, because your brother MIGHT have a daughter one day is pretty ridiculous. and to be mad about it for 5 years? the names you picked out are better anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Finley and Abigael
the whole idea of not naming your daughter something you want, because your brother MIGHT have a daughter one day is pretty ridiculous. and to be mad about it for 5 years? the names you picked out are better anyways.
you scared?

by the way, having your maiden name as your daughters first name is pretty stupid
I think it is a pretty awesome way to name your child
i may be wrong. oh well. i just think its a little goofy.
There is no "may be" to it...you are wrong.
i think i had more of a problem with being upset over someone "stealing" a name 5 years before you had kids...
Truth be told, she told the sister that she was naming our first girl McKenna......then sister went and used it anyway. Oh well, a woman scorned and that ####.

by the way, having your maiden name as your daughters first name is pretty stupid
I think it is a pretty awesome way to name your child
i may be wrong. oh well. i just think its a little goofy.
There is no "may be" to it...you are wrong.
i think i had more of a problem with being upset over someone "stealing" a name 5 years before you had kids...
Its a woman you are talking about...of course they hold that grudge. 5 years is nothing.

Took my son Ollie to the local library this morning for baby story time.

You're gonna love this zed. Amongst the dozen kids there, I remember some of the names.

Phoenix, Oscar, Xavier, Ingrid, Felix, Ruby, Penny.

Need a ruling here. We don't even know if my wife is having a girl or a boy....

Ansley???

We'll probably call her Ansley. Or it could be Anslee, I don't know the spelling. My wife popped it on me last night, I kind of like it, but it is "unique."

Need a ruling here. We don't even know if my wife is having a girl or a boy....Ansley???We'll probably call her Ansley. Or it could be Anslee, I don't know the spelling. My wife popped it on me last night, I kind of like it, but it is "unique."
We thought about Ainsley for a girl...though part of that was because Emily Proctor was hot playing Ainsley Hayes on the West Wing.We decided against it for something more simple when my daughter was born.She was almost a Morgan...but it did not seem right when she was born so we went with Anna.

You're gonna love this zed. Amongst the dozen kids there, I remember some of the names.

The bolded are stupid. I can live with the rest.

Need a ruling here. We don't even know if my wife is having a girl or a boy....Ansley???We'll probably call her Ansley. Or it could be Anslee, I don't know the spelling. My wife popped it on me last night, I kind of like it, but it is "unique."
We thought about Ainsley for a girl...though part of that was because Emily Proctor was hot playing Ainsley Hayes on the West Wing.We decided against it for something more simple when my daughter was born.She was almost a Morgan...but it did not seem right when she was born so we went with Anna.
Halleluia!! Almost a stupid Ansley, to almost a stupid Morgan... then reason preveailed and you settled on a beautiful name like Anna. :thumbup:

Halleluia!! Almost a stupid Ansley, to almost a stupid Morgan... then reason preveailed and you settled on a beautiful name like Anna. :thumbup:
I don't give a rat's behind what you think about any of those names.

So?

Anna is on the short list for us. The wife is wanting a "traditional Southern double name" for a girl. Anna Caroline currently holds the top spot.

Then why are you posting here?

You realize that not everyone is of the same ethnicity as you, right?
That doesn't necessarily make them less stupid of names.

Actually, it does. It would be stupid to expect all persons of Mexican ancestry to give their children traditionally Anglo names. Conversely, it would be stupid to expect persons of Anglo origins to give their children Latin names.

Actually, it does. It would be stupid to expect all persons of Mexican ancestry to give their children traditionally Anglo names. Conversely, it would be stupid to expect persons of Anglo origins to give their children Latin names.
Well we've covered all of that already, bub. RTFT.

And, yet, you keep calling out names, particularly those of Irish origin, as stupid for not being traditionally Anglo names.

So?
Kind of my point about what you think of the names.So?

Then why are you posting here?
I read the thread...I read jb's post and responded.

And, yet, you keep calling out names, particularly those of Irish origin, as stupid for not being traditionally Anglo names.
Would Irish count as Anglo?If Moops is giving me names he thinks will annoy me, I assume he's talking about a certain ethnicity. If he's not, then that's different.

Would Irish count as Anglo?If Moops is giving me names he thinks will annoy me, I assume he's talking about a certain ethnicity. If he's not, then that's different.
No, the Irish people are separate and apart from the English people. Anglo refers to the people of England.England has pretty much bullied Ireland, and currently controls and occupies a portion of the Irish Isle (Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom as opposed to Free Ireland).

Need a ruling. My bro is having a kid next month, and told me the names would be Wren (girl) or Torin (boy). Bad, or terrible?

We're narrowing down names and I'm just going with a simple rule: can they be a CEO with the name we give him/her? How many Zanders or Strykerss run fortune 500 companies?

Kids aren't going to be pissed off because you gave them a boring name but they might be pissed off for giving them a ####ty name because you were trying to be original or special.

Was up north today in the well-to-do :unsure: neighborhoods & saw a car with the kids' cheerleader stickers on the back: Tinker and Preslie

Thought of you guys & figured I'd mention it..

Users who are viewing this thread