What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (1 Viewer)

Clicked on the first guys team. Does he know something I don't know? Like if you have more than 5 kickers you can combine them all each week and use as a WR?
I like how he has 7 kickers but only 1 defense :lmao:

I get a kick out of the goofy entries. I don't understand why folks throw away their entries like this, but I enjoy them.

-QG

Fair warning: I’m pretty good at this contest in odd-numbered years. Made the finals in ’07 and ’09, finished 17th in 2011. This is the year. :football:

QB - Andrew Luck - IND/8 - $16
QB - Tony Romo - DAL/11 - $15

I seriously considered the one-QB strategy, but couldn’t pull the trigger. I also had three QBs in many iterations, mostly with Manuel as QB3. Ultimately, I decided the Luck/Romo combo will provide elite production.

RB - Matt Forte - CHI/8 - $26
RB - Reggie Bush - DET/9 - $23
RB - Eddie Lacy - GB/4 - $16
RB - Giovani Bernard - CIN/12 - $16
RB - LeGarrette Blount - NE/10 - $2
RB - Kenjon Barner - CAR/4 - $2

Two studs who catch lots of passes, two rookies with upside, two lottery tickets. They are widely held, except for Barner, for whom I have high hopes. He is currently buried on the depth chart, but the guys in front of him have considerable injury history. He is quicker than bad news, and is my best hope for differentiation late in the contest.

WR - Cecil Shorts - JAX/9 - $17
WR - T.Y. Hilton - IND/8 - $14
WR - Lance Moore - NO/7 - $14
WR - Anquan Boldin - SF/9 - $13
WR - Dexter McCluster - KC/10 - $3
WR - Kenbrell Thompkins - NE/10 - $2

Loved the mid-range value at WR, and decided to forego studs here. Had Tavon Austin in there until very late. I finally decided I didn’t want two rookie WRs. Moore seems to have fallen out of favor with my fellow contestants, but is perfect for best-ball.

TE - Rob Gronkowski - NE/10 - $24
TE - Jason Witten - DAL/11 - $23
TE - Brent Celek - PHI/12 - $6

Who am I kidding? I dumped Austin so I could upgrade at TE. Hoping to get one flex here most weeks. I admit $53 is a lot to spend at this position, but I was a little cheap here last year, and it cost me dearly. Also, I obviously didn’t get the memo on Orange Julius. :tumbleweed:

PK - Steve Hauschka - SEA/12 - $3
PK - Kai Forbath - WAS/5 - $3
PK - Rob Bironas - TEN/8 - $3

I wanted to spend the minimum on my three kickers. The first two were popular selections, but like Lance Moore, folks have forgotten that Bironas has been money in this format forever.

TD - Indianapolis Colts - IND/8 - $3
TD - Carolina Panthers - CAR/4 - $3
TD - New Orleans Saints - NO/7 - $3

Again, not paying up here. I am aware how comprehensively bad all of these defenses were last year. In the case of the Panthers, they appear to be clearly improved. The other two, well, they play in domes and have the benefit of quick-strike offenses that can give them a lead.

Good luck to all! :headbang:

Fair warning: I’m pretty good at this contest in odd-numbered years. Made the finals in ’07 and ’09, finished 17th in 2011. This is the year. :football:

I seriously considered the one-QB strategy, but couldn’t pull the trigger. I also had three QBs in many iterations, mostly with Manuel as QB3. Ultimately, I decided the Luck/Romo combo will provide elite production.

Two studs who catch lots of passes, two rookies with upside, two lottery tickets. They are widely held, except for Barner, for whom I have high hopes. He is currently buried on the depth chart, but the guys in front of him have considerable injury history. He is quicker than bad news, and is my best hope for differentiation late in the contest.

Loved the mid-range value at WR, and decided to forego studs here. Had Tavon Austin in there until very late. I finally decided I didn’t want two rookie WRs. Moore seems to have fallen out of favor with my fellow contestants, but is perfect for best-ball.

Who am I kidding? I dumped Austin so I could upgrade at TE. Hoping to get one flex here most weeks. I admit $53 is a lot to spend at this position, but I was a little cheap here last year, and it cost me dearly. Also, I obviously didn’t get the memo on Orange Julius. :tumbleweed:

I wanted to spend the minimum on my three kickers. The first two were popular selections, but like Lance Moore, folks have forgotten that Bironas has been money in this format forever.

Again, not paying up here. I am aware how comprehensively bad all of these defenses were last year. In the case of the Panthers, they appear to be clearly improved. The other two, well, they play in domes and have the benefit of quick-strike offenses that can give them a lead.

terrible imo

I remember Bironas - he didn't look great in the preseason and Titans are not looking like they are going to be that good.

I'd liked Josh Brown a lot better for that particular $3.

-QG

bleachercreacher said:
I decided to go all studs with a shorter roster. Week 10 is going to be rough for me, but I figured that I only need 1 player to have a great week and I have the firepower for it. I will also need to avoid any injuries late. I finished 5th last year, and without looking back I think I used a similar strategy. We'll see what happens, should be fun.

QB: Tom Brady, EJ Manuel

RB: Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson, Chris Johnson, LaGarrette Blount, Chris Polk

WR: Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Danny Amendola, Golden Tate, Kenbrell Thompkins

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Julius Thomas

K: Greg Zuerlein, Josh Brown

DEF: New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals
Will be interesting to see how you fair week 10. With the flex you need 7 players to score from the RB/WR/TE positions. You'll only have 8 from those positions going that week and two of those are Blount and Polk. And Brady will be sitting as well.
Yeah, I agree, week 10 will be interesting. I'm probably a long shot to get passed week 10, but if I can get by I'm hoping that I'm in a good position to make another run. I really don't like Manuel as my backup QB that week, but I couldn't find another combination that I liked more. I'm hoping that I can get by because of a couple of the matchups I have that week. Chris Johnson vs. Jags and Dez Bryant vs. Saints could be huge games.

The Man With No Name said:
zilladog said:
Well, my team is unique at least...

No one has the same top four RBs

No one has the same top four WRs

No one has the same top four TEs

Wilson/Bradford

Charles/Rice/R Bush/Gio

Andre/Garcon/Shorts/G Tate

Cook/Allen/J Thomas/Fasano
How do you know? Did you have to go through every entry??
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/contest_querier_form.php
I didn't know this existed. Thanks!

BaBastage said:
I know the historical results show smaller rosters have fair well in the past but with the addition of 2nd flex poistion this wil put more pressure on the smaller rosters. Believe we'll see a changing trend of larger rosters performing better.
I think the opposite is true. This is my first year going with a smaller roster, and it was due to the 2nd flex replacing the 3rd WR.
I had a hard time getting a read on this. Eventually I decided the flex-effect really had no bearing on the large vs small debate.

One thing I did decide was that with only 2WR's scoring, and the extra flex meant I shifted money over to RB's, which by and large are less streaky than WR's. In prior years, I probably put 20% more dollars into WR's, and this year was the opposite.

We'll see.
I agree there is more variance among the WR position. That is why I feel you still need to put more money towards the position than at RB. My goal was to field a team that can put up 20+ points at each counting roster spot (minus K and Def). If the WR position is the hardest spot to consistently do that, then I feel like you have to invest more there to increase your odds of making that happen.

Now you tell me! If I had known this information before I wouldn't have even bothered to enter. Could have saved me hours days weeks of time entering different roosters.

Fascinating. Only 28 teams have both Foster and Tate. Tate seemed like cheap insurance to me.
The combo would cost $46 and you have slightly more than 1 RB. For the same money you could get either Lynch or CJ2K and either Wilson, Ridley or Murray. Two full-time stars beats 1 guy and insurance anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree there is more variance among the WR position. That is why I feel you still need to put more money towards the position than at RB. My goal was to field a team that can put up 20+ points at each counting roster spot (minus K and Def). If the WR position is the hardest spot to consistently do that, then I feel like you have to invest more there to increase your odds of making that happen.
We're on the same page regarding variance. But last year, you had to consider covering the variance for three slots at WR. This year you only need to insure that two slots score. Simplified, let's say that each WR costs $10 and has a 50% of breaking 20 points. Last year you needed six players / $60, this year you only needed four players ($40). Hence my reasoning that I could use that extra money on positions that provided more reliability (RB) for the flex spots.

What I couldn't quantify was the average production per position at each price point. (What the average score was for each RB that cost X dollars... e.g. a $17 RB averaged 1.25 points per $$ spent per game, vs a $17 WR that averaged 1.1 points per $$ spent.) I tried to, but decided sample data from last year really wasn't big enough to give decent confidence.

We'll see how it works out. :)

I spent so much time on my roster for week 1 I'd like to get started on week 2. When do they open up the entry form for week 2? And do the prices stay the same for week 2 or do they adjust them? For example, will Julius Thomas still be a bargain at $2 or will his price jump to the $12-$15 range based on week 1's score?

I spent so much time on my roster for week 1 I'd like to get started on week 2. When do they open up the entry form for week 2? And do the prices stay the same for week 2 or do they adjust them? For example, will Julius Thomas still be a bargain at $2 or will his price jump to the $12-$15 range based on week 1's score?
The bad news: You keep the same line up all the way through...no changes

The good news: You don't have to waste hours upon hours working on a new roster

But based on the number of posts you have, I'm guessing you already knew that ;)

Wish I would have stuck with my original plan to have Peyton/Vick....but I wasn't confident Vick would be still standing by Peyton's week 9 bye week. So instead at the last second I went with Newton/Vick. It's a long contest, so who knows if this will come back to haunt me.

Pretty boring but feels like I will hover around for awhile. Be nice if JBell and RRandle were to get prime roles late.

Andrew Luck

Brandon Weeden

Trent Richardson

C.J. Spiller

David Wilson

Eddie Lacy

Joique Bell

Dez Bryant

T.Y. Hilton

Chris Givens

Golden Tate

Vincent Brown

Rueben Randle

Kenbrell Thompkins

Kyle Rudolph

Dwayne Allen

Tyler Eifert

Julius Thomas

Steven Hauschka

Mike Nugent

Kai Forbath

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Carolina Panthers

Wish I would have stuck with my original plan to have Peyton/Vick....but I wasn't confident Vick would be still standing by Peyton's week 9 bye week. So instead at the last second I went with Newton/Vick. It's a long contest, so who knows if this will come back to haunt me.
I stuck with the Peyton/Vick combo, but I will be stressing all the way through week 10. I'm concerned about Vick going down before week 9 though.

I was the last 5 QB guy standing last year. That entry also carried only two cheap kickers (Medlock and Nugent) for zero points in the weeks that mattered. This year is a bit different.

QB - Michael Vick - PHI/12 - $9
RB - Ray Rice - BAL/8 - $28
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew - JAX/9 - $22
RB - Daryl Richardson - STL/11 - $15
RB - Joique Bell - DET/9 - $6
WR - Demaryius Thomas - DEN/9 - $24
WR - Danny Amendola - NE/10 - $19
WR - Justin Blackmon - JAX/9 - $11
WR - Chris Givens - STL/11 - $10
WR - Vincent Brown - SD/8 - $9
WR - Brandon Gibson - MIA/6 - $2
TE - Jimmy Graham - NO/7 - $31
TE - Jordan Cameron - CLE/10 - $12
TE - Julius Thomas - DEN/9 - $2
PK - Josh Brown - NYG/9 - $3
TD - New York Giants - NYG/9 - $4
TD - San Diego Chargers - SD/8 - $3

But based on the number of posts you have, I'm guessing you already knew that ;)
I'm not even submitting another lineup until week 3. We all get through automatically for the first 2 weeks.

I'm not even submitting another lineup until week 3. We all get through automatically for the first 2 weeks.
Good luck with that.

I agree that the mid round WRs look strong. but I like the $10 guys better plus VBrown and Randle. I ended up going 4 Stud WRs and Thompkins and loading up with RBs though. Hoping the stud WRs give constistency. Figured most teams would have Powell, JThomas and Thompkins so I took them but the points mostly wont count

Some tweaks:

- Will be FPC Scoring (start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, Dual Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 Def/ST, 1 PK

- Max points each week. No roster moves

- PPR for RB and WR; 1.5 PPR for TEs

- KR and PR TDs added to players as well (ie if Sproles scores a punt return TD, you get that score)

- Contest will have cuts through week 14 and have a two week shootout for the top prizes

- People signing up for a FBG subscription through FanDuel will compete for $70K worth of prizes.
Forgive me if it's been asked and I missed it, but I just wanted to clarify something.

In the bolded above. Would Sproles get 6 points for the TD AND the Saints D also get 6 points?

Some tweaks:

- Will be FPC Scoring (start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, Dual Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 Def/ST, 1 PK

- KR and PR TDs added to players as well (ie if Sproles scores a punt return TD, you get that score)

- Contest will have cuts through week 14 and have a two week shootout for the top prizes

- People signing up for a FBG subscription through FanDuel will compete for $70K worth of prizes.
Forgive me if it's been asked and I missed it, but I just wanted to clarify something.

In the bolded above. Would Sproles get 6 points for the TD AND the Saints D also get 6 points?
That's my take from the rules this year.

Some tweaks:

Yes:

Def/ST Scoring (Def/ST)

Sack = 1 point

Interception = 2 points

Fumble Recovery = 2 points

Safety = 2 points

Defensive/ST TD = 6 points (Kickoff return, punt return, blocked FG return, blocked punt return, interception return, fumble recovery return, etc. Note: ALL fumble recoveries and non-offensive TDs will count)

Fascinating. Only 28 teams have both Foster and Tate. Tate seemed like cheap insurance to me.
You're joking, right? Wasn't tate in the Lacy/Bernard price range, or maybe a couple dollars cheaper? It would be really foolish to go with both Foster and Tate, that's a recipe for a mediocre team.

If you think Foster will stay healthy, you don't handcuff. If you think he'll break down, you select Tate instead. Choosing both just means you'll end up middle of the pack in that area and will lose to the teams who chose one or the other.

You're joking, right? Wasn't tate in the Lacy/Bernard price range, or maybe a couple dollars cheaper? It would be really foolish to go with both Foster and Tate, that's a recipe for a mediocre team.

If you think Foster will stay healthy, you don't handcuff. If you think he'll break down, you select Tate instead. Choosing both just means you'll end up middle of the pack in that area and will lose to the teams who chose one or the other.
Yeah, I agree with this. Handcuffing in general feels like a losing proposition to me; handcuffing a $32 RB with another $14 RB seems like a waste. Unless you think they're both simultaneously going to produce start-worthy points all season long, you basically paid $46 - nearly a fifth of your entire budget - for one RB. Even if you think "HOU RB" is the best player in the NFL this year, $46 is too steep a price to pay IMO.

Some tweaks:

That's my take from the rules this year.
Some tweaks:

Yes:

Def/ST Scoring (Def/ST)

Sack = 1 point

Interception = 2 points

Fumble Recovery = 2 points

Safety = 2 points

Defensive/ST TD = 6 points (Kickoff return, punt return, blocked FG return, blocked punt return, interception return, fumble recovery return, etc. Note: ALL fumble recoveries and non-offensive TDs will count)
Thanks guys!

QB - RG III

QB - Vick

--Didn't like the traditional QB values given 4pt passing TDs. RG III was a top-2 QB before the knee injury last season. I think he can be top-5 this year and will be money with the early bye. Vick is a wild card in case of a Bob Griffin injury. He's also got a very high ceiling so he could contribute now and then even when both are healthy.

RB - Forte

RB - Bush

RB - WIlson

RB - Lacy

RB - Helu

RB - Powell

--Loved the week 9 bye RBs. Prior iterations had a lot of MJD and Chris Johnson sprinkled in. Settled on Bush/Wilson with the same bye, hoping I can make it past that week and it'll all be downhill from there. Love the value on Lacy. Helu is a lottery ticket that I love in Washington's offense and Powell is there to raise my floor just in case of injury (and maybe wk 9 contribution).

WR - Garcon

WR - Amendola

WR - D. Jackson

WR - Hilton

WR - Morgan

WR - Avant

WR - Thompkins

--Only 2 WRs start each week and I'm hoping Celek or Thomas will be one of my flexes most weeks. So I went with some high upside guys at WR, hoping they would alternate as my top 2. I expect Hilton to rise up the depth chart very quickly. Thompkins is a great value and Morgan is a lottery ticket. Hoping to get a week or two out of him at best. Avant is there just to set my floor a little higher in case of injuries.

TE - Gronk

TE - Celek

TE - Thomas

--Gronk's first few missed games won't hurt me, since almost everyone advances past this part of the season. Thomas was the best value of all and Celek could be sneaky at $6.

K - Walsh, Forbath, Gano

--Early byes are essential for K's.. Had $2 leftover and chose to upgrade one of my kickers rather than adding Hankerson or another scrub that probably won't ever help me.

DEF - Baltimore, Washington

--I was fine with 2 DEFs considering that a DEF will never get injured and sit out a game. Washington is feast or famine with a terrible secondary and great pass-rush. They should generate a lot of turnovers. Early bye too. Seems like a perfect compliment to a solid Ravens defense.

My three speed-bumps will be weeks 5, 9 and 12, but I think I spaced out my byes enough so that I can get past each. I'll have issues if Lacy or Forte don't perform in week 9, or if RG III isn't around (or doesn't perform well) for week 12. Injury-wise, I could afford a hit to my RBs, but if Gronk, Amendola or Garcon go down (which doesn't seem unlikely), I'll struggle. Go big or go home though, at least in this type of hail-mary contest.

Jay Cutler $13

Michael Vick $9

Ray Rice $28

Stevan Ridley $21

David Wilson $21

Eddie Lacy $16

Bilal Powell $3

Stepfan Taylor $3

Larry Fitzgerald $23

Victor Cruz $21

Reggie Wayne $19

Emmanuel Sanders $12

Malcom Floyd $6

Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Jermichael Finley $18

Antonio Gates $12

Julius Thomas $2

Garrett Hartley $4

Adam Vinatieri $3

Robbie Gould $3

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $4

Baltimore Ravens $4

Indianapolis Colts

I tried an undervalued approach where, the thinking, not many popular guys would be taken. QB I debated going with one (Rodgers) or going with "good" cheap ones. Had Luck for the longest time but finally settled on Vick and Cutler. Haven't checked the stats but if Cutler gets 4000/30 this year, that will be a great pick for this at his price. Not saying it will happen but I think Chicago is going to surprise folks this year.

RBs speak for themselves. Went with consistency overall with one possible break out in Lacy. WRs went with guys coming off a "down" year but have shown they can do much more. So, stay healthy. This is your winnin entry.

First time playing in a format like this...

Here is my roster:

QB: Brees, Vick, Manuel

RB: McCoy, Forte, Matthews, Lacy, JBell, Barner

WR: Bryant, DT, Hilton, Givens, Thompkins

TE: Cameron, Thomas, Celek

K: Henery, Bironas

DEF: NE, Cinci

Went cheap at TE, Kicker and DEF for Studs at QB, RB & WR.

Here is my roster:

With Brees and Vick, I can't imagine Manuel ever scores any points for your team. For that extra $7, you could have had a guy a top RB rather than Mathews.

Here is my roster:

With Brees and Vick, I can't imagine Manuel ever scores any points for your team. For that extra $7, you could have had a guy a top RB rather than Mathews.
I wanted a third QB as Vick could be hurt by the time I need a bye week QB. Love Vick's value, but he always misses games.

I like Matthews this year, don't see why he can't rebound back to a top 10-15 RB like he was in 2011.

Hope the IggyStats gives a breakdown of the bye week $ and perhaps the correlation b/w bye week $ and eliminations in those weeks :)

I'm being greedy, though.

-QG

Here is my roster:

I wanted a third QB as Vick could be hurt by the time I need a bye week QB. Love Vick's value, but he always misses games.

I like Matthews this year, don't see why he can't rebound back to a top 10-15 RB like he was in 2011.
Why get Vick then? I took my chances with RG3 and Manuel.

So no cuts for the first 2 weeks. Gordon looks like a bargain for sure.
This is true, and it's the reason why I picked Gronkowski.
Yeah, but how did you know the number of entries before the contest closed?
You have to be fairly unlucky to get knocked out in the first three weeks of this contest. That's why it made it easy for me to choose Gronk.
I didn't even realize that when I doing the picks. I wish I did because I went with Blackmon and Gronk and didn't want to triple down with Gordon. I went with:

Romo/Kaep

Forte/Wilson/Bernard

Green/DThomas/M.Austin/Blackmon/Kerley/Thompkins

Graham/Gronk/JThomas

Prater/Forbath

New England/Tennessee

Not sure where I would have changed, but I probably would have swapped out Austin for Gordon, got rid of Kerley and upgraded another slot. Oh well, just glad that Gronk/Blackmon look like better decisions since as you said 93% of everyone will make it to week 4. After week 4, I love my lineup (might not love them by the time we get there) with Forte/Wilson/Green/DThomas/Graham as the starters and Gronk/Blackmon most likely as the flex and Bernard/Austin/JThomas as potential high ceiling guys to make up for bad games elsewhere. Kerley and Thompkins were just cheap guys who I think should have some decent reception games, but hopefully they are never needed.

Jay Cutler $13

Michael Vick $9

Ray Rice $28

Stevan Ridley $21

David Wilson $21

Eddie Lacy $16

Bilal Powell $3

Stepfan Taylor $3

Larry Fitzgerald $23

Victor Cruz $21

Reggie Wayne $19

Emmanuel Sanders $12

Malcom Floyd $6

Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Jermichael Finley $18

Antonio Gates $12

Julius Thomas $2

Garrett Hartley $4

Adam Vinatieri $3

Robbie Gould $3

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $4

Baltimore Ravens $4

Indianapolis Colts

I tried an undervalued approach where, the thinking, not many popular guys would be taken. QB I debated going with one (Rodgers) or going with "good" cheap ones. Had Luck for the longest time but finally settled on Vick and Cutler. Haven't checked the stats but if Cutler gets 4000/30 this year, that will be a great pick for this at his price. Not saying it will happen but I think Chicago is going to surprise folks this year.

RBs speak for themselves. Went with consistency overall with one possible break out in Lacy. WRs went with guys coming off a "down" year but have shown they can do much more. So, stay healthy. This is your winnin entry.
This is close to what I did, except I didn't spend more than $21 on any players. With 2 flex positions I thought it was better to have quantity over quality.

QB - RG III

QB - Vick

--Didn't like the traditional QB values given 4pt passing TDs. RG III was a top-2 QB before the knee injury last season. I think he can be top-5 this year and will be money with the early bye. Vick is a wild card in case of a Bob Griffin injury. He's also got a very high ceiling so he could contribute now and then even when both are healthy.
Completely agree about Griffin, he's a big value in this format since it gives him time to get back to himself. I liked Manuel more than Vick mainly because he think he has a better chance of playing at the end of the year.

My own twist is largely based on a desire not to repeat my previous failings.

The scoring system is so weighed in favor of TE receptions that I wanted to go heavy there so:

Witten $23 - generally good for 90+ receptions

Cameron $12 - this should be a breakout year under Norv Turner

I like the idea of three kickers as production varies so much week to week. They have to play for teams with offenses which will give them lots of chances so:

Bullock $4

J Brown $3

Hauschka $3

Defenses are always something of a crap shoot so I picked two highly rated ones who offer a combined soft schedule in weeks 8-13 so:

Bengals $5

Ravens $4 - they don't have to play Peyton every week ;-)

Running Backs have been a weak point as someone is always hurt and the $6 guys never seem to help me so:

T Richardson $27 - Norv's offense has always produced for RBs and hopefully he won't spend all of this year hurting

Spiller $26 - Talent is there to lead the league in rushing

Forte $26 - Trestman's offense is kind to RBs who can catch the ball

Wilson $21 - Wouldn't have had him in an RBBC if Brown weren't hurt, but he gets the chance to show Brown is irrelevant

Quarterbacks must do well so I like having three, but I don't have to lead the league in scoring there so:

Romo $15 - Dez is a top 5, Austin is the healthiest in several years, Witten always dependable, and their defense will keep him throwing

Schaub $9 - Not a sexy pick, but Hopkins may be the best #2 he has ever had

Vick $9 - Can be a boom/bust guy week to week, but hopefully the others cover the busts

Wide Receivers below the very top are really erratic so I want a whole bunch so:

D Jackson $16 - The only decent Eagle WR so likely to see more catch and run patterns this year and always a threat to catch the deep TD ball

Blackmon $11 - Don't expect much from him for the first 4 weeks ;-) after that he should rock on team which will always be behind

Givens $10 - The Rams have assembled an offense with a lot of short threats and one deep one so he will get occasional bombs

Hartline $9 - The other guy got all the money, but he moves the chains and this is a PPR game

V Brown $9 - Anyone think the Chargers won't be throwing a lot? He is their best target by far

Roberts $6 - Palmer made a star out of Myers last year and Housler does not look like the answer so I'll take his slot receiver to be the short game guy

Thompkins $2 - Biggest no brainer on the list and likely the highest percent ownership in the contest

This careful reasoning should mean this squad can last until week 5 or 6.

I'm going to be interested in the survival rates this year with the change in lineup requirements. Per Iggy's post a few pages back, here's where we are at:

SIZE ENTRIES (14398)

• 18 - 5505 (38.2%)
  • 19 - 2014 (14.0%)
  • 20 - 1620 (11.3%)
  • 21 - 1150 (08.0%)
  • 22 - 1032 (07.2%)
  • 23 - 825 (05.7%)
  • 24 - 623 (04.3%)
  • 25 - 483 (03.4%)
  • 26 - 332 (02.3%)
  • 27 - 253 (01.8%) :bye:
  • 28 - 165 (01.1%)
  • 29 - 160 (01.1%)
  • 30 - 236 (01.6%)
Once more the smaller rosters are the majority of entries. This is true every year, although under the previous rules, the larger rosters give you the best chance to survive closer to the end. In the 250, as I recall, it seems to be a mix of who makes it to the Top 10.

Iggy, couple of questions:

• Any idea how many "junk" rosters are in this year? Junk rosters are defined by those that cannot field a full lineup any given week.
  • In addition, can you give us some stats on the average number of players by team size? Such as on a 19 player team, there are 3.6 TE, etc. I'm curious about how the rosters were fairly comprised this year.

cstu said:
QB - RG III

QB - Vick

Completely agree about Griffin, he's a big value in this format since it gives him time to get back to himself. I liked Manuel more than Vick mainly because he think he has a better chance of playing at the end of the year.
I was floored (and thrilled) when I saw the crazy low ownership %'s for RGIII.

I'm going to be interested in the survival rates this year with the change in lineup requirements. Per Iggy's post a few pages back, here's where we are at:

SIZE ENTRIES (14398)

• 18 - 5505 (38.2%)
  • 19 - 2014 (14.0%)
  • 20 - 1620 (11.3%)
  • 21 - 1150 (08.0%)
  • 22 - 1032 (07.2%)
  • 23 - 825 (05.7%)
  • 24 - 623 (04.3%)
  • 25 - 483 (03.4%)
  • 26 - 332 (02.3%)
  • 28 - 165 (01.1%)
  • 29 - 160 (01.1%)
  • 30 - 236 (01.6%)
Once more the smaller rosters are the majority of entries. This is true every year, although under the previous rules, the larger rosters give you the best chance to survive closer to the end. In the 250, as I recall, it seems to be a mix of who makes it to the Top 10.

• Any idea how many "junk" rosters are in this year? Junk rosters are defined by those that cannot field a full lineup any given week.
  • In addition, can you give us some stats on the average number of players by team size? Such as on a 19 player team, there are 3.6 TE, etc. I'm curious about how the rosters were fairly comprised this year.
I don't know how 'junk' they are but I have a hard time believing teams of 20 or less will get very far.

I did well two years ago (made it to the final 250), but flamed out early last year. Went with 30 man roster, as I always do.

QB: Andrew Luck $16

QB: Tony Romo $15

QB: Michael Vick $9

I like this trio. Different byes, and all have the ability to put up a monster week. I just saw in an earlier post that 700 owners have the Luck/Romo combo.

RB: Ryan Mathews $19

RB: Darryl Richardson $15

RB: Kendall Hunter $6

RB: Toby Gerhart $6

RB: Roy Helu $6

RB: Isaac Redman $5

RB: Bilal Powell $3

This is a tough crew. Lots of injury prone players, and unknowns. I took solid backups who I think will perform well if the starters miss time. It is scary to have all my eggs in the Ryan Mathews/Darryl Richardson basket, no question.

WR: Danny Amdendola $19

WR: Miles Austin $14

WR: Emmanuel Sanders $12

WR: Golden Tate $10

WR: Vincent Brown $ 9

WR: Markus Wheaton $5

WR: Donnie Avery $4

WR: Kenbrell Tompkins $2

I think I got some very good value here. Happy with group.

TE: Jimmy Graham $31

TE: Jared Cook $15

TE: Anthony Fasano $2

TE: Julius Thomas $2

With the new flex position and emphasis on the TE position, I felt I needed to spend here. I really liked Fasano at $2, I think he offers nice value with Moeki out for the year.

K: Steve Hauschka $3

K: Josh Scobee $3

K: Robbie Gould $3

K: Kai Forbath $3

I wanted 4 kickers, with different byes, at the cheapest price. Mission Accomplished.

D: Indianapolis Colts $3

D: Detroit Lions $3

D: Philadelphia Eagles $3

D: Carolina Panthers

I wanted 4 defenses, with different byes, at the cheapest price. Mission Accomplished.

SIZE ENTRIES (14398)

• 18 - 5505 (38.2%)
  • 19 - 2014 (14.0%)
  • 20 - 1620 (11.3%)
  • 21 - 1150 (08.0%)
  • 22 - 1032 (07.2%)
  • 23 - 825 (05.7%)
  • 24 - 623 (04.3%)
  • 25 - 483 (03.4%)
  • 26 - 332 (02.3%)
  • 28 - 165 (01.1%)
  • 29 - 160 (01.1%)
  • 30 - 236 (01.6%)

SIZE ENTRIES (14398)

• 18 - 5505 (38.2%)
  • 19 - 2014 (14.0%)
  • 20 - 1620 (11.3%)
  • 21 - 1150 (08.0%)
  • 22 - 1032 (07.2%)
  • 23 - 825 (05.7%)
  • 24 - 623 (04.3%)
  • 25 - 483 (03.4%)
  • 26 - 332 (02.3%)
  • 27 - 253 (01.8%)
  • 28 - 165 (01.1%) :bye:
  • 29 - 160 (01.1%)
  • 30 - 236 (01.6%)

Made final 250 last season. Looking for your feedback!

Sam Bradford

Michael Vick

Brandon Weeden

Chris Johnson

Reggie Bush

David Wilson

Eddie Lacy

Danny Woodhead

Bilal Powell

Dez Bryant

Josh Gordon

Justin Blackmon