What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (2 Viewers)

Romo/Vick here. I knew that pair was a bad idea on the front end. Went cheap to afford Gronk. Now I may be needing Gronk to have a big night against my Panthers to stay alive.

Eliminated by .35 this week. My worst week by far....I was living on borrowed time though. Vick, Wilson, and Julio were the death of this 21 man team. Chris Johnson and Cook didn't help much either. See you next year.

Taking out the guys who are dead, or close enough to dead...

Code:
Russell Wilson	$15 --------------------Jamaal Charles	$31 Ray Rice	$28 Reggie Bush	$23 Giovani Bernard	$16 --------------------Andre Johnson	$21 Pierre Garcon	$20 Cecil Shorts	$17 Golden Tate	$10 Nate Washington	$4 Jason Avant	$2 --------------------Jared Cook	$15 Jeff Cumberland	$3 Anthony Fasano	$2 Julius Thomas	$2 --------------------Ryan Succop	$3 Kai Forbath	$3 Rob Bironas	$3 --------------------Indianapolis Colts $3 Carolina Panthers  $3 Buffalo Bills	   $3
Got a shot to reach the final 250 if I don't get undone by Wilson's Week 12 bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Average weekly points for Team Defense* -

$$.....Team......Average

$5.....PIT............3.6

$3.....SDC...........4.4

$5.....HOU..........5.0

$4.....ATL...........5.2

$4.....NYJ...........5.4

$4.....NYG..........5.6

$3.....JAC...........5.8

$5.....GBP..........6.1

$4.....TBB...........6.1

$3......PHI...........6.2

$3......DET..........6.3

$3......NOS...........6.6

$3......IND............7.2

$4......CLE...........7.2

$4......BAL...........7.4

$5......CIN............7.4

$3......OAK..........7.8

$4......MIA............8.1

$5......NEP...........8.1

$4......MIN............8.2

$6......SFF...........8.3

$6......SEA...........8.4

$3......BUF...........8.5

$3......TEN...........8.6

$3.......WAS.........8.8

$4.......ARZ..........8.9

$5.......DEN..........9.1

$3.......CAR..........9.2

$4.......DAL..........9.2

$5.......CHI............9.4

$5.......STL..........10.2

$4.......KCC.........14.1

*through week 10

# of live entries with each player:

QB:

RGIII 66

Vick 1027

RB:

Forte 526

Bush 740

Wilson 742

Lacy 1259

Helu 299

Powell 508

WR:

Garcon 272

Amendola 440

DeSean 398

Hilton 659

Morgan 50

Avant 231

Thompkins 1796

TE:

Gronk 148

Celek 297

Julius 1325

K:

Walsh 76
Forbath 483

Gano 39

DEF:

Ravens 409

'Skins 293

This has been my best team ever, but week 11 and 12 are quite scary. No QB this week like several others. Went skinny with Romo/Vick combo.

The good news is my team would have survived every week except 7 without any QB help. I sure hope the turk continues to look the other way this weekend.

:unsure:

Ownership stats:

Wilson (333) and Romo (940) - sounds like a lot of Romo teams will be naked at QB this week since he was paired with Vick or Schaub. I wouldn't mind seeing his ownership number go way down this week...

Charles (301), McCoy (691), Helu (299), J Bell (590) - Wilson is dead money and a pile of regret. I was starting to get a little worried about Charles being over-used, so hopefully the bye week will let him finish strong.

C Johnson (421), Hartline (234), V Brown (581), A Roberts (170), Wheaton (210), McCluster (279), Avant (231), Hankerson (151), Thompkins (1796) - I have plenty of guys here to survive Thompkins being shut out. I still have this vision of Wheaton catching a bomb that gets me through a week. McCluster could be the key to all of this with Bowe doing dumb things off the field.

Graham (679), Thomas (1325) - Dwayne Allen is another $9 of dead money. If I'd allocated $35 of Wilson, Wheaton, and Allen better, I'd fell really great about this team. With the shortfall at RB, I tend to need both of these guys to count every week.

Hauschka (856), Crosby (307), Forbath (483) - averaging 14.2 points per week from this triumvirate.

Colts (160), Lions (276), Eagles (58) - the Eagles have counted the last 3 weeks with less than under 10 points...going to need a big game or two from one of these units down the stretch.

383 Romo/Vick owners

106 Romo/Schuab

30 Romo/Bradford

31 Romo/Cutler

48 Romo/Weeden

Note that many of these may have a 3rd QB.

2 QB teams surviving at a 18.9% clip. 3 QB teams 17.2%

I'd guestimate 25% of the 2500 rolling w/o a QB this week at a minimum. 750 get trimmed this week.

383 Romo/Vick owners

106 Romo/Schuab

30 Romo/Bradford

31 Romo/Cutler

48 Romo/Weeden

I'd guestimate 25% of the 2500 rolling w/o a QB this week at a minimum. 750 get trimmed this week.
i got a 3rd QB... Romo/Vick/Schuab

been handling the cut line with ease and with no other byes this week.... could still squeak through

383 Romo/Vick owners

106 Romo/Schuab

30 Romo/Bradford

31 Romo/Cutler

48 Romo/Weeden

Your guess is high. By my count, 242 of the 2504 teams remaining (9.7%) have no starting QB this week. There are 7 NFL teams starting QBs that nobody in the contest has on their roster.

Number of teams by number of active QBs this week:

0: 242

1: 1181

2: 935

3: 134

4: 11

5: 1

The team with 5 active QBs is actually carrying 7(!) on the roster: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2013/100843.php

There are 215 teams (including mine) that have only Andrew Luck at QB this week. Lucky for us! (oh, I kill myself).

Some other info for this week (I'm using Dodds' weekly projections as a proxy for whether players are active or not - if a guy isn't on his list, I consider him inactive):

Teams with 0 active RB: 0

Teams with 1 active RB: 6

Teams with 2 active RB: 87

Teams with 10 active RB: 2

Teams with 0 active WR: 0

Teams with 1 active WR: 2

Teams with 2 active WR: 43

Teams with 14 active WR: 1

Teams with 0 active TE: 55

Teams with 1 active TE: 456

Teams with 6 active TE: 4

Teams that have 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 TE but can't also field 2 flex players: 4

Teams with 0 active K: 25

Teams with 1 active K: 363

Teams with 9 active K: 1

Teams with 0 active D: 6

Teams with 1 active D: 257

Teams with 6 active D: 3

Teams that can't field a full roster this week: 333

I wasn't terribly concerned going into this week, even with Geno Smith as my only QB. Through the first games though, Rashad Jennings is the only one who has more than 10 points. I'm sitting at 70 points with only Lacy, Moreno, Decker, and Julius Thomas left...but with Lacy and Thomas on nearly every team, I have to think I am an underdog to make it through.

Anybody have a decent idea of what the cutline might look like this week?

Yes, I realize it's early, lol.
Yeah, it's way too early to even have an idea.
lol, arright.

I'm feeling good, though.. @ 117.2 with Amendola, going tomorrow, in addition to G. Tate and Hartline.

If I advance, I'll be sending great vibes to Fleener and H. Miller at TE.. VERY low ownership numbers so their nice scores this week should be a big help for me.

Is the FFLTools site not updating for others? I'm still showing 0 points for Eddie Lacy, among others.
Same here.. no updates for a while now.
It seemed to have updated everything but Lacy on my roster and the cutline was 102.85 as of 7 p.m. ET.
Since 50% of people have Lacy, I'd expect it to jump a bit.

Lacy should put me around 110 with Moreno, Decker, Bowe, Julius Thomas, and Graham Gano left. Other than Gano, it's reasonable that all four could help my score since I currently have a RB spot with 3 points, a WR spot with 4 points, and a flex spot with 6 points.

Going into tonight's game, the cutoff is 117.7 by my calcs.

(Ryan Mathews is also wrong in the web tool, so it's more than one game).

What are these minus numbers people always put with the players?
Say one of your QBs already went and got you 10 points, but you still have another QB to go. You already have 10 QB points as part of your score, and you only get to use one QB. So your second QB can only get you his actual score minus the 10 points he's replacing in your lineup (assuming he gets more than 10).

Looks like the tool isn't updating tonights game now as well.

Julius Thomas and Dwayne Bowe got me touchdowns, so I'm feeling pretty good now.

Major players in tonight's game (based on number of teams with ownership)

Name # of ownersP. Manning 387K. Moreno 255M. Ball 20D. Thomas 464W. Welker 167E. Decker 67J. Thomas 1325M. Prater 149Denver Defense 88A. Smith 124J. Charles 301D. Bowe 216D. Avery 147D. McCluster 279A. Fasano 217R. Succop 100KC Defense 83As a reminder, there are currently 2500 teams alive.... Cutting 750 this week.

What are these minus numbers people always put with the players?
Say one of your QBs already went and got you 10 points, but you still have another QB to go. You already have 10 QB points as part of your score, and you only get to use one QB. So your second QB can only get you his actual score minus the 10 points he's replacing in your lineup (assuming he gets more than 10).
Ah, thanks. Another big day for Mega probably helping carry some teams that had some underachieving going on.

Wow. In the first half of DEN-KC, the cutoff moved up 10.5 points. It's now sitting at 128.2. A LOT of people have Julius Thomas and a lot more have Peyton as their only active QB.

(This all assumes I've got my numbers right).

Wow. In the first half of DEN-KC, the cutoff moved up 10.5 points. It's now sitting at 128.2. A LOT of people have Julius Thomas and a lot more have Peyton as their only active QB.

More than 50% of active teams have Thomas, only 16% have Manning

More than 50% of active teams have Thomas, only 16% have Manning
Yeah, but 188 teams have only Manning active, so they got Manning minus zero, where most teams with Thomas have Thomas minus something. Thomas is obviously the bigger driver, though.

FFLTools seems to be up to date on all of the players now, and it shows the cut line at 115. Not sure if it's messed up because of the live scoring issues earlier though/

FFLTools seems to be up to date on all of the players now, and it shows the cut line at 115. Not sure if it's messed up because of the live scoring issues earlier though/
Yeah, I just set something up to do this the other day, so it's entirely possible my numbers are a bit off. My team worked out right, though, so we'll see.

Yeah, I just set something up to do this the other day, so it's entirely possible my numbers are a bit off. My team worked out right, though, so we'll see.
No offense, but as a guy sitting at 132.5, I'm hoping that your calculations are wrong :)

My guess is that the cut will land at about 145-150 after MNF. I was in the 30th percentile last week at 144, and we are basically cutting to that level this week. 2 less teams on byes too may bump us up also.

Whoops! Mistake in my percentile formula...looks like it should be more like 135-140 off last week's scoring. Hoping that sticks as I'm at 145 right now and unlikely to get much more movement.

Looks like the NYG/GB must have been originally scheduled to be the SNF game, the KC/DEN and NYG/GB game were off because of that, I updated it manually and I just adjusted the schedule FYI. The cutline that runs at 12:30 should be accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread