What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (1 Viewer)

Sorry about the mixups on ffltools this weekend all. It looks like I didn't adjust the schedule after the NFL made some changes and the cutline wasn't running correctly for some reason.

I was wrapped up with another project through the morning.. I will make sure everything is good to go this week again.

AJ Green's dud had to knock out a bunch of teams. Out by less than 7 points with his 2.7 point contribution....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever Present Lurker said:
If the last 4 weeks mean anything, it looks like Harry Douglas could be a very unexpected source of points. 42 remain!
As long as Roddy doesn't come back around target wise. I'm one of the 42 but think Revis had more to do with Douglas' recent good week.

Ever Present Lurker said:
If the last 4 weeks mean anything, it looks like Harry Douglas could be a very unexpected source of points. 42 remain!
As long as Roddy doesn't come back around target wise. I'm one of the 42 but think Revis had more to do with Douglas' recent good week.
I think he'll continue to see opportunities. With Julio gone, Gonzo banged up and double teamed and Roddy still shaking off this ankle deal, he should see the ball heading his direction on occasion. He's scored the last 4 weeks for me - not bad for $3!

Rookie RB's

E Lacy on 873 teams! Giovanni is the happy medium on 399.....L Bell on only 8 teams! WOW! eight?
Talk during the bulk of the entry period was that he would miss most of the season. Even when that got shortened, he was more expensive than the other two as I recall. Lacy had a huge pre-season game that made him look like a steal.

Interesting stats for this week:

Number of remaining teams with the following players:

L. McCoy - 611

M. Lynch - 269

G. Bernard - 399

CJ Spiller - 306

McCoy and Lynch - 40

McCoy and Bernard - 93

McCoy and Spiller - 57

Lynch and Bernard - 30

Lynch and Spiller - 24

L. McCoy and D. Wilson (just becasue he is on IR) - 145

McCoy, Lynch and Bernard - 2 :doh:
I'm a Lynch and Spiller, though Spiller hasn't done much. At least I still have two QBs going...

This has been my best team ever, but week 11 and 12 are quite scary. No QB this week like several others. Went skinny with Romo/Vick combo.

The good news is my team would have survived every week except 7 without any QB help. I sure hope the turk continues to look the other way this weekend.

:unsure:
Thank you for the pass in week 11 Mr. Turk sir. snuck by at 147.7 with no QB and lame performances from Sproles, Bush and Quiz.

Post Mortem:

QB:

T Brady NE $19

A Luck IND $16

Brady wasn't quite as good as I hoped. Knew about Gronk missing time but loved Vereen this year and didn't know the OL would be that poor. Luck was fine but just not as high scoring as I hoped. Of course, from reading this thread it sounds like a lot of people made worse QB decisions than I did. I know I avoided Vick and that turned out to be a good thing.

Conclusion: Correct strategy and decent players, just not quite enough from them.

RB:

T Richardson IND $27

R Bush DET $23

E Lacy GB $16

J Bell DET $6

C MIchael SEA $5

L Dunbar DAL $3

C Polk PHI $2

Welp. I was way off on TRich establishing his dominance this season. And when you're way off on your RB1, it will bite you eventually. To be as far off as I was, I needed one of the "sleepers", Michael, Dunbar or Polk, to be an every other week starter or so. And that didn't happen. Bush and Lacy were excellent. Bell was a great bet even with Bush and I made it through their Bye week so not an issue there. Michael and Dunbar were decent bets that just didn't pay off at all. Polk was a waste. Should have used that money elsewhere.

Conclusion: Pretty good strategy and pretty good players but you can't easily blow your RB1 in this contest.

WR:

D Bryant DAL $26

S Johnson BUF $16

J Gordon CLE $15

T Hilton IND $14

A Roberts ARI $6

M Wheaton PIT $5

K Thompkins NE $2

Best position group by far, which is what I expected when I entered the contest. Bryant was a stud and Gordon was close to being one. Stevie cooled off and was hurt too much this year but still helped quite a bit. Hilton was coming on strong, as I expected. Roberts was an occasional contributor and Thompkins was a must by popularity and helped early on (if he gets into the endzone last night instead of being tackled at the 2 then I'm not writing this right now). Wheaton was a bust but I'll take a bust on a rookie WR that I, and others, thought was very pro ready. Can't think you'll be perfect as a team builder.

Conclusion: Excellent and would do the same thing next year.

TE:

J Finley GB $18

E Dickson BAL $9

J Thomas DEN $2

Welp, part 2. This is the position where I purposefully zigged while others zagged. And it really did bite me. Went back and forth between Finley and Vernon Davis, who was a buck more I think. Sigh. And Dickson. Wow, he sucks. Of course, my other option was Dwayne Allen at TE2 and that would have been worse. Thomas was a stud of course. And everyone has him of course.

Conclusion: Failure. Need to spend more here if the rules stay the same.

PK:

3 guys for $10.

Conclusion: 3 is the way to go and I think the one $4 guy does help.

DEF:

3 teams for $10.

Conclusion: 3 is the way to go, but I think you need a top DEF if you're going to spend more than $3 on one. Should just total $9 next year.

So that's my rooster. Good luck to everyone left. Expect for Bass.

slaps money on table - IM out

Biggest mistakes:

QBs after Romo - Vick and Weeden? Yikes

David Wilson

I thought htreal value lied in TE this year, I went w 4 of them and they flexed for me a lot - Julius Tomas, Jordan, Gates, FInely, it was working until FInely got hurt.

Knowshon and Pierre Thomas at RB were great value.

Oh well see you next year!

Squeaked through by <3 points. Really glad I didn't need that last throw to Gronk, or it would have haunted me for a while.

I only have Gio, Brent Celek and Hauschka out this week, so hopefully I won't have to plead with my TV and down half a bottle of Tuaca Sunday night. :oldunsure:

seems like a lot of forum people got the boot this week.

if yall want to know how to pick a team that can last longer, I can post some winning tips in next year's thread if you like.

seems like a lot of forum people got the boot this week.

if yall want to know how to pick a team that can last longer, I can post some winning tips in next year's thread if you like.
Your shtick is bad and you should feel bad.

My past (failed) strategy has always been to go for volume and upside, but this year I spent money on premium players and had a much smaller roster (but better) roster.

Not sure I can survive the absence of Lynch and AJ Green. But usually I'm out by Week 7 or Week 8, so happy to have made it this far.

Good luck everyone!

Code:
Tom Brady $19EJ Manuel $7
Code:
Matt Forte $26Marshawn Lynch $25Maurice Jones-Drew $22Eddie Lacy $16Chris Polk $2
Code:
A.J. Green $25Eric Decker $18      Miles Austin $14Justin Blackmon $11Dexter McCluster $3Kenbrell Thompkins $2
Code:
Jimmy Graham $31Jacob Tamme $5Joel Dreessen $4Julius Thomas $2Greg Zuerlein $4Josh Brown $3Seattle Seahawks $6Houston Texans $5

My past (failed) strategy has always been to go for volume and upside, but this year I spent money on premium players and had a much smaller roster (but better) roster.

Not sure I can survive the absence of Lynch and AJ Green. But usually I'm out by Week 7 or Week 8, so happy to have made it this far.

Good luck everyone!

Tom Brady $19

EJ Manuel $7

Matt Forte $26

Marshawn Lynch $25

Maurice Jones-Drew $22

Eddie Lacy $16

Chris Polk $2

A.J. Green $25

Eric Decker $18

Miles Austin $14

Justin Blackmon $11

Dexter McCluster $3

Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Jimmy Graham $31

Jacob Tamme $5

Joel Dreessen $4

Julius Thomas $2

Greg Zuerlein $4

Josh Brown $3

Seattle Seahawks $6

Houston Texans $5
you are the Lord of Fantasy. You should not be content just making it this far.

Officially knocked out with no QB this past week. Did well on the injury bug with only Wilson out. Didn't help that I picked Tynes as one of my 3 kickers. I could have used that $3 elsewhere!

GL to all that remain.

Officially knocked out with no QB this past week. Did well on the injury bug with only Wilson out. Didn't help that I picked Tynes as one of my 3 kickers. I could have used that $3 elsewhere!

GL to all that remain.
Same here - 142.35 cutoff ...my team 141.90 with no QB (had 4 Romo/Vick/Weeden/Gabbert). Thought I had a real chance if I got through this week. Dammit.

Solid start last night Brees, Graham, Douglas, not sure what the Saints D got officially. Now hoping for some others to contribute.

Fun fact: In addition to 753 teams, the contest said goodbye to two players last week. The last teams that owned Domenik Hixon and Tom Crabtree were eliminated.

Fun fact: In addition to 753 teams, the contest said goodbye to two players last week. The last teams that owned Domenik Hixon and Tom Crabtree were eliminated.
Can't believe they made it this far.
Hey, I'm still in and I have Shaun Draughn.

Another fun fact: after last night's game, the cutoff is 1.0 (not zero). A full 1008 teams scored at least one point in that game, paced by this guy: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2013/100422.php, who got scores from Ryan, Colston, Douglas, Graham and Hartley.

More fun facts:

In week 12, using Dodds' weekly projections as a proxy for who's going to be active:

65 teams have no active QB.

107 teams don't have 2 active RB.

5 teams don't have 2 active WR.

29 teams have no active TE.

32 teams have no active PK.

65 teams have no active DEF. This includes 27 teams that have 2 DEF.

46 teams have an active TE and 2 active RB and WR but don't have 2 active flex players.

Overall, 292 out of 1751 teams will be running without a rull roster this week. Of course, this doesn't account for things like Schaub stepping in, or guys getting scratched between now and their games.

Even more fun facts. Here are the players who can be found on only one surviving team:

Kevin Kolb

Dion Lewis

Evan Royster

Johnathan Franklin

Kerwynn Williams

Latavius Murray

Leon Washington

Mike Gillislee

A.J. Jenkins

Brandon Lloyd

Danario Alexander

DaRick Rogers

Tandon Doss

Gavin Escobar

Dustin Hopkins

These are ones that are always the toughest. Waiting for the team eliminated by a shotgun kneel down against the Bucs when a regular one would keep 'em in it.

Sorry I haven't been around for a while - been busy with other stuff and still overcoming the trauma of my week 6 ouster. Making things worse is the fact that the ghost entry would still be alive :kicksrock: .

I'll try and bang out a lineup of heroes this weekend some time :)

Good luck to those in here that have still eluded The Turk!

-QG

Well survived the turk another week with a bare 2 pts over the cut. Big shout out to the Buffalo D for coming up HUGE in week 11.

This week, really no bye issues for me but another week with only 6 pts from Peterson may sink the ship.

My team observations:

• QBGoing with 2 as usual.
  • Right on Manning.
  • Horribly wrong on Vick, but I knew that was a risk going into the season.
[*]RB:
  • Lamar Miller sucks donkey nuts. Don't know what I was thinking here.
  • Bryce Brown. Still have hope here. Thought Chip would distribute the ball more, but he hasn't.
  • Other 3 cheapos didn't pan out. Bad choices here, should have added one more RB.
[*]WR:
  • Strategy was sound by going with a number of tier 2 guys.
  • Cheapos have counted sporadically, but hoping Wheaton turns it on soon. He's been the biggest miss.
  • Lost 2 guys here so far
[*]TE:
  • Right strategy in going with 4 this year.
  • Was looking good here with 4 pre-week 1 and then lost 2. Glad I had two remaining with Graham and Thomas. They've been $$$ this year.
[*]K and Ds:
  • Always go with 3 each. Based on this year, I see no reason to change that. Used them all at one point or another.
I'm a larger roster guy and started with a team of 27. Lost 4 guys so far along the way, but thanks to depth, I've been able to stay alive. Probably a long shot to win it all, but the team's been over 200 three times so I'm not complaining too much. Average team score is 177.97.

Furthest I've ever made it....because I've luckily dodged every injury bullet fired this season. I'm without DJax and McCoy this week, but Jimmy G. started me off on the right foot and return of Miles Austin should help my flex options. Hoping to get past this week. Good luck in the LAST bye week all.

Rashad Jennings has been the savior of my team, getting me through some rough bye week situations and being the difference between getting eliminated and staying in for the past two weeks. I have no players on bye this week, so I'm hoping to stick around.

Thoughts on my team currently...

QB - Tony Romo is going to need to come through for me the rest of the season for me to have a chance. I paired him with Vick, Weeden, and Geno, and while Geno is technically still playing, I highly doubt he contributes.

RB - I feel pretty good here. David Wilson is the only huge "miss" I've had. Lacy, Moreno, Bush, and my new stud Rashad Jennings are going to be my main performers here. I also have Bilal Powell and Jonathan Dwyer, but I don't expect any help from either of those guys.

WR - My WR group is large and I've used a majority of them at least a few times. I did lose Leonard Hankerson to injury this week, but he's the only casualty I've suffered this year. Other than Pierre Garcon and Eric Decker I don't have any top level guys to rely on...it's most just a game of mixing and matching performances on a week to week basis. Outside of the two mentioned earlier, I'll need contributions from Cecil Shorts, Dwayne Bowe, Dexter McCluster, Jason Avant, or Kenbrell Thompkins. As I said, it's a mix and match game..but each of those players have been used at least three times other than Jason Avant.

TE - Only three guys here, but all have contributed multiple times, in many cases in the flex spot. Julius Thomas could hurt me this week if he's out, but I have Greg Olsen and Brent Celek backing him up.

PK - Between Gould, Henery, Geno, and Forbath, I'm getting a 10+ point performance every week.

Defense - Carolina, Baltimore, and Cincy have been an excellent group. I've used them all at least three times and have had a 15+ point performance in about 75% of the weeks.

Averaging 175.5 but only have busted 200 once.

Don't have Seattle D and K, Spiller, Floyd, and Vick this week.

Not real excite about the prospects of my team.

Rashad Jennings has been the savior of my team, getting me through some rough bye week situations and being the difference between getting eliminated and staying in for the past two weeks. I have no players on bye this week, so I'm hoping to stick around.

Thoughts on my team currently...

QB - Tony Romo is going to need to come through for me the rest of the season for me to have a chance. I paired him with Vick, Weeden, and Geno, and while Geno is technically still playing, I highly doubt he contributes.

RB - I feel pretty good here. David Wilson is the only huge "miss" I've had. Lacy, Moreno, Bush, and my new stud Rashad Jennings are going to be my main performers here. I also have Bilal Powell and Jonathan Dwyer, but I don't expect any help from either of those guys.

WR - My WR group is large and I've used a majority of them at least a few times. I did lose Leonard Hankerson to injury this week, but he's the only casualty I've suffered this year. Other than Pierre Garcon and Eric Decker I don't have any top level guys to rely on...it's most just a game of mixing and matching performances on a week to week basis. Outside of the two mentioned earlier, I'll need contributions from Cecil Shorts, Dwayne Bowe, Dexter McCluster, Jason Avant, or Kenbrell Thompkins. As I said, it's a mix and match game..but each of those players have been used at least three times other than Jason Avant.

TE - Only three guys here, but all have contributed multiple times, in many cases in the flex spot. Julius Thomas could hurt me this week if he's out, but I have Greg Olsen and Brent Celek backing him up.

PK - Between Gould, Henery, Geno, and Forbath, I'm getting a 10+ point performance every week.

Defense - Carolina, Baltimore, and Cincy have been an excellent group. I've used them all at least three times and have had a 15+ point performance in about 75% of the weeks.
Running the exact same three defenses and loving it so far!

Hit 200 - 5 times....avg score of 188.7.

QBs of Romo and Manning have been great.

Rbs of Forte Lacy Thomas is very thin with me also taking Wilson.

WRs are also thin with Dez, DT, Bowe, Wheaton and Thompkins.

TEs are Graham Cameron and Thomas ....this group has carried me. Getting worried with Thomas injured and Cameron disappearing of late.

3Ks are Vinateri Forbath and Crosby

3Ds are Washington, Buffalo and Zona.

I like my chances this week with no bye issues. The odds are pretty long on me hitting the money though. I have a lot of widely owned players which does not bode well. Been in this contest forever and I usually crap out in the top 1000-500 range. Can' break through the 500 mark.

GL everyone left.

Right around 140.60 after the 1 PM games.... still have Manning (-0) plus a few guys that could count... Hoping I should be moving to next week, and then it gets interesting with all of the teams back at full strength.

114 with Fitz going right now. Add Vernon Davis, Garcon, Redskins Defense and one of Moreno/Chris Johnson

Figure I'll be around the 160 mark, that has me worried. 158 was the 1000 mark last week, hopefully lower scores this week will help.

Only hit over 200 once with a 183 average.

114 with Fitz going right now. Add Vernon Davis, Garcon, Redskins Defense and one of Moreno/Chris Johnson

Figure I'll be around the 160 mark, that has me worried. 158 was the 1000 mark last week, hopefully lower scores this week will help.

We won't hit the 1000 mark from last week.

1. More teams on byes this week.

2. You top 1000 from last week would be the top 1000 this week if know one had been cut.

3. JT isn't playing.

We won't hit the 1000 mark from last week.

1. More teams on byes this week.

2. You top 1000 from last week would be the top 1000 this week if know one had been cut.

3. JT isn't playing.
Well from your keyboard to Fantasy God's ears.

If I make it this week, I'm in pretty good shape.

Brees

Chris Johnson, Lacy, Moreno

Calvin, Antonio Brown, Garcon, Fitz

Vernon Davis, Julius Thomas

Hauschka, AKers

Seahawks, Skins

Sitting at 159 with Moreno, Decker, Garcon (-12 for flex, -14 for RB) and Kai Forbath (-11.8). I'd like to think that one of Moreno, Decker, or Garcon will get me a few extra points...but I doubt my line moves a ton. I think 160 or 170 range should be good enough, but you never know.

Right around 140.60 after the 1 PM games.... still have Manning (-0) plus a few guys that could count... Hoping I should be moving to next week, and then it gets interesting with all of the teams back at full strength.
Well, all my 4 PM guys busted. Still at 140.60 + Manning (-0) + Thompkins (-5.6) + Forbath (-11).

Users who are viewing this thread