What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday Morning Questions for Bloom - Week 13 (1 Viewer)

So, I thought Cameron was the sneaky good play here, but he's out. I don't want to drop him yet, but here's my two parter for a PPR:

To get a TE for tomorrow to cover Allen, do I drop Cameron or Jonas Gray?

Which TE do I pick up?

Wright

Quarless

Marcedes

Carlson

Sims

Seferian-Jenkins

G Graham
sims
Thanks, thoughts on 1st part, who to drop cameron or gray? Or, McKinnon even? Out today, horrible schedule to close the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sig, good evening.

With D.Allen and J.Cameron out, need help for a dynasty TE pickup for maybe a few weeks (or maybe in 2015, too)?

PPR

Garrett Graham HOU TEN

Jermaine Gresham CIN @TB

Timothy Wright NE @GB

Kyle Rudolph MIN CAR

Owen Daniels BAL SD

Mychal Rivera OAK @STL
rudolph, wright

Playoffs start this week. On paper I need to go for upside.

Currently my flex WR is Matvius Bryant--available on the wire-Sanu, Garcon, James Jones, John Brown, and Charles Johnson

My TE is Tim Wright-available on the wire-Quarles, Ertz, and Cook.

Are any of these waiver wire guys better than Bryant and Wright.

Thanks
sanu over bryant in ppr

hold wright

Love that you do this.

10 teams. .5 PPR Short Benches

Would you roster Herron over Jennings/Gio/Hill for a playoff run? Would love to hear why. Thanks sir!
nah. altho herron could outscore the CIN backs. i wont talk you out of dropping one for him. i suppose hill, but its a coinflip

QB is a bit of a mess right now for me with Tony Romo and Mark Sanchez combining for 16.6 points over the last two weeks. I've actually already won the regular season title of this league and just need to stock up for the week 15 and 16 playoffs. What do I do with Romo?

Here are the QBs available on the waiver wire:

• Matt Ryan
  • Cam Newton
  • Joe Flacco
  • Josh McCown
  • Kyle Orton
  • Zach Mettenberger
  • Teddy Bridewater
  • Brian Hoyer
  • Alex smith
  • Andy Dalton
  • Drew Stanton
And here is my team; are any of these guys worth dropping for another QB before Sunday's game? Or just drop Romo during the week?

QB: Romo, Sanchez

RB: Forte, Bell, Ellington, Vereen, Mathews, Mckinnon

WR: Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Kelvin Benjamin, Roddy White

TE: Jimmy Graham

Also, for week 16 would you prefer the Patriots Defense at the Jets or the Titans Defense at the Jaguars?
mckinnon for cam

NE D

PPR and I need one.

Crowell, Ingram, Allen or Landry. I can also pick up Stills.

Thanks Bloom!

Good Day Sig,

1 point PPR, need to fill flex spot in league #1

P Thomas @ PIT

R Woods v CLE, currently have Woods

K Britt v OAK

League #2 .5 PPR, need flex spot

R Woods v CLE, currently have Woods

A Hawkins @ BUF

C Johnson v CAR

D Adams v NE

League #3 1 PPR, need help with following

2 QB league, have Stafford and been streaming my #2 since I lost Palmer. Currently have Flacco, which not feeling overly excited about. The following are available on the WW

A Smith v DEN

Mettenberger @ HOU

Orton v CLE

McCown v CIN

McCoy @ IND

Also start 2 TE's, have Kelce and Charles Clay. With Clay doubtful I picked up O Daniels, but you have got me intrigued with D Sims. What do you think about Sim's upside and is he worth the risky play?

Last question, what's your gut feeling about Jonas Gray ROS?
woods

woods

smith

love sims as a fill-in TE. middle clas dwayne allen vs D that has given up 12 TDs to TEs.

unpredictable, some RB2/Flex games some duds, splitting with blount

Need solid, but decent ceiling flex (0.5ppr) - just need one

Roster

Michael Floyd

Andre Johnson

or pick up

Pierre Thomas

LeGarrette Blount

Tks Sig!
gut says floyd despite recent struggles w matchup and fitz hurting. wont talk you out of thomas or dre as "safer" plays. projections are close

Good morning Sig!

32 team IDP league, first week of the playoffs. PPR

Need a flex player from Charles Clay, Zurlon Tipton, Charles Johnson, Cody Latimer, Marquise Goodwin or Jack Doyle.

Clay is usually the easy choice here but he's doubtful. my other options are desperation plays.

I'm leaning Johnson but would you take the chance that Clay plays?

FWIW, Greg Jennings also starts for me and I'd consider myself a slight underdog.
johnson. but if you can get sims...

Good morning Sigmund

I'm 9-3 and in 1st place based on my points for (3 teams tied at 9-3). I'm only 24 points ahead of the next 9-3 team and have been riding Matt Ryan and Rivers all year. Eli is on waivers and I'm thinking about letting Rivers go for him. Eli's schedule is favorable too both QB's, and Rivers is the worst. Should I pull the trigger and bank my season on Eli and Ryan, leave as is, or dump Ryan instead of Rivers? I can only roster 2 QB's or I'd just pick him up and roster all three.

I should mention that the other 9-3 teams have Brees and Rogers at QB, so I need to pick my QB carefully going forward.

Thanks
very tough call, but yeah id do it

Good Morning, Sig.

Standard - Kennan Allen, Ruben Randle, or Michael Floyd?

PPR - Romo has put me in a bind here but I still have a chance. RB2 Herron, Vereen, or Pierre Thomas? TE - I have Donnell but Sims or Owen Daniels are available.

.5 PPR - Flex Stills or Michael Floyd? My opponent has Brees.

Thanks in advance!
allen

herron

sims

stills

Morning Sigmund,

flex question conundrum: Hill, Herron or Vereen in ppr. Was going Vereen but questionable tag and late game start worry me a bit, Hill and Bernard should do well in Tampa, while I probably would like Herron easily if not for the matchup w/ Washington, but maybe Wash. run defense means he just catches more out of backfield? Argghhh!

Thanks!
herron

Good morning, sir:

I have to pick 2 RB, 1 WR and a Flex from these players in a 0.5 PPR league.

A Foster

Lacy

Forsett

Beckham

Hilton

I also have K Allen and L Miller.

I know, boo hoo hoo. I'm leading in points and I am 8-4 but an 0-3 start (all in my division) makes me an outsider for the playoffs. Right now, I'm going with Foster, Lacy, Beckham and Hilton (I have Luck at QB).

Thoughts?
id go forsett over hilton, but its close.

is there gas in the car? IS THERE GAS IN THE CAR?!?!?

Thoughts on Ingram vs Crowell. You & most people have Ingram higher. Is it mostly due to matchup or any other glaring reason?
BUF D is no pushover and Crow is still splitting work. Ingram seems more likely to score. matchup and possible GL work split

Hey Bloom. Need help; .5 ppr. Ran up against Jeffery, Cutler & McCoy so I need some big players.

Need one WR and one FLEX

Eman Sanders (have him starting)

Crow (in at flex)

M Evans

Julio Jones

J Hill

BTW Your on the Couch pod cast is some of the best football talk around. This past week like your break down of Evans where this might be the dud week. So thats why I have him out as of now.

Happy Thanksgrabbing/etc, bro,

I'm currently starting Dan freakin' Herron over Jeremy Hill and The Crow in a PPR at Flex 2(Shoelace and FJax at RB and Flex1) in a "must win" game where I'm already behind the 8 ball due to Romo tanking. Talk me out of it?
no. kakaka yeah

Win and I'm in!

Need your help please Sigmund.

Which 3 rb:

Lacy

Jennings

Anderson

Morris

Which TE:

Walker

Kelce

Kicker:

Zuerlein

Novak

Bryant

Catanzaro

Barth

Carpenter

Dst

Minn

NYC

Thanks in advance
sit morris

sit walker

play greg the leg

NYG D

Sig, sorry to bombard you, but here it goes:

At Flex - Hoyer, Bortles, Julius Thomas, or FJax (all TDs 6 pts, PPR for RB, 2PPR for TE)

Backup RB - FJax or Mathews (PPR)

At Flex - Herron, Colt McCoy, Bridgewater (pass TD is 6, PPR)

Hi Bloom! Would you start either Justin Hunter or Michael Floyd, who both have very favorable matchups, over a likely Revis-blanketed Randall Cobb, or am I just grossly overthinking this? Thank you.

Hey Bloom, hope you had a good holiday! Gotta beat division rival for wild card spot in PPR. His first three plays failed him thurs. Need the safest high-floor of the following: 2RB,2WR,1TE with 1 Flex

Crowell / Blount (already starting Ingram)

Watkins / Stills / Landry / Benjamin (already starting demaryius)

Kelce / Gates

Hi Sig - awesome that you're here, appreciate it.

Pick the DST:

Hou vs Ten

-Or-

Miami @ NYJ

(Currently Houston)

Need help at WR (yes, I drafted very well in a good, competitive auction league):

Need 3 of:

A. Brown Vs NO

Nelson vs NE

Gordon @Buf

Sanders @KC

(Currently going Brown, Gordon, Sanders)

Thanks.
the one w JJ Watt

id sit sanders, but wont talk you out of sitting nelson. nelson has lower floor, higher ceiling

Sigmund Bloom said:
KidCharlemagne said:
Good morning, sir:

I have to pick 2 RB, 1 WR and a Flex from these players in a 0.5 PPR league.

A Foster

Lacy

Forsett

Beckham

Hilton

I also have K Allen and L Miller.

I know, boo hoo hoo. I'm leading in points and I am 8-4 but an 0-3 start (all in my division) makes me an outsider for the playoffs. Right now, I'm going with Foster, Lacy, Beckham and Hilton (I have Luck at QB).

Thoughts?
id go forsett over hilton, but its close.

is there gas in the car? IS THERE GAS IN THE CAR?!?!?
I don't see how I can go wrong but thanks.

I think the people down the hall know who we are.

I AM KID C.

Rory10304 said:
Tough call in non-PPR for TE:

I have Julius Thomas and Jacob Tamme..do I wait until the lineups are announced at 7:30 or go with one of these two early:

Heath Miller or Austin Seferian-Jenkins?

Thanks
miller or drop tamme for sims

Hey Bloom, huge decision here for me here fighting for the scoring title..

0.5PPR league, need 1 at Flex:

Kenny Stills

or

Isaiah Crowell

other starters on the team so far:

RB: Bernard, Lamar Miller

WR: AJ Green, TY Hilton, Jordy

thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving Sig! Can you pick 2 for PPR bonus pts league:

Kenny Stills

Justin Hunter

Rueben Randle

Michael Floyd

Cecil Shorts

Thanks!

Sig

After listening to the discussion on Foster this morn, it raises a question. Through trades and WW pick-ups I have an embarrassment of riches at RB in 8 team PPR. Start 3 RB's and Flex, currently starting. J Charles, E. Lacy and CJ at RB and Foster at Flex. However I have Geo on the bench. Should I consider him over Foster at flex?

Good morning!

Pick 2 (FFPC scoring) - Watkins, Herron, Gates, S. Bailey, or Fleener

Pick 2 (non-ppr) - AJ Green, Gordon, or Beckham

Thanks in advance!

pnihan said:
Sig, Get It On!!

PPR league, I need to pick between Gio and Crow.

Also, would you drop Stafford for Tannahill? I already have Rodgers so I'm probably not playing either one, just trying to block one other owner in particular from upgrading at QB. I'm leaning Tannahill (can't believe he's still available), but scared of giving him the potential upside of Stafford...

Thanks as always
gio

keep stafford. can you drop a RB/WR/TE

PatrickT said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
So, I thought Cameron was the sneaky good play here, but he's out. I don't want to drop him yet, but here's my two parter for a PPR:

To get a TE for tomorrow to cover Allen, do I drop Cameron or Jonas Gray?

Which TE do I pick up?

Wright

Quarless

Marcedes

Carlson

Sims

Seferian-Jenkins

G Graham
sims
Thanks, thoughts on 1st part, who to drop cameron or gray? Or, McKinnon even? Out today, horrible schedule to close the season.
gray

Users who are viewing this thread